What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
And apart from Tomkins, Neilson and their current signings for next year, who have the Warriors signed of note?

Have a look through their roster and find all the star signings, don't even think about the likes of the unwanted Mateo, the young Townsend in the star category, it'd be like adding Tuqiri and Auva'a to the highly paid star list for souths

Also like how Jeff Lima is suddenly on big money being put beside Burgess, plus Lima left last year what does that have to do with Burgess leaving, Grant and Glenn signing?

From what I remember Mateo signed a pretty decent contract to pull him away from eels and then again to keep him as a few clubs were after him

BranVan3000

Coach
And apart from Tomkins, Neilson and their current signings for next year, who have the Warriors signed of note?

Have a look through their roster and find all the star signings, don't even think about the likes of the unwanted Mateo, the young Townsend in the star category, it'd be like adding Tuqiri and Auva'a to the highly paid star list for souths

Also like how Jeff Lima is suddenly on big money being put beside Burgess, plus Lima left last year what does that have to do with Burgess leaving, Grant and Glenn signing?

Nobody, the point was that reports said Warriors were near the cap limit when Tomkins signed and it would force out Locke. And lo and behold Locke signs elsewhere, but Warriors keep signing players.

Who said Jeff Lima is on big money? He would have been well above average though and he left suddenly at the start of the year - no replacement was signed. I find it funny in the same post you acting like you know that Stewart and Grant are on big money contracts and Lima wasn't.

BranVan3000

Coach
The warriors are actually well known for being well under the cap.

A season or 2 ago they we're supposedly nearly 1.5M under the cap.

They have the highest graduation rate from u20s to FG in the entire NRL. That saves them an enormous amount of money.

An example... The Warriors entire front row rotation... Which include ex kiwis and a current origin prop... Cost less than Sam Burgess by himself.

They benefit from having the biggest junior base in the competition... So they make use of it

Fair enough, I would have expected competition from other clubs and rugby would drive up the prices of a lot of juniors though. Particularly guys like Johnston and Hurrell

Rebel

First Grade
Nobody, the point was that reports said Warriors were near the cap limit when Tomkins signed and it would force out Locke. And lo and behold Locke signs elsewhere, but Warriors keep signing players.

Who said Jeff Lima is on big money? He would have been well above average though and he left suddenly at the start of the year - no replacement was signed. I find it funny in the same post you acting like you know that Stewart and Grant are on big money contracts and Lima wasn't.

We were no where near the cap limit when tomkins signed. Locke going simply means there is more in the surplus now.

Plus if we 'do' get matai, I assume it will be at the expense of nielsen.

nick87

Coach
Raiders to announce big name signings next week according to Stuart

"Big" Georgie Rose, and the greek senstation Konstantinos Salpingidis is my tip. Big names.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Fair enough, I would have expected competition from other clubs and rugby would drive up the prices of a lot of juniors though. Particularly guys like Johnston and Hurrell

Like I said earlier, Hurrell's "extension" was the Warriors exercising an option. They won't be paying him what he's worth yet.

Same could be said for guys like Laumape, Matulino, Townsend, Ikahihifo etc who are all off contract with a host of other players next season.

As for the Tomkins sending us close to the salary cap. :lol: no. That was journalism 2 + 2 = 5 business. "Hey they signed Tomkins on big money in the same position as Locke, that must mean they're close to the cap and Locke will leave." They didn't even factor in the cap increases, it was simply a like for like mindset that added up enough for them to run a story.

Let's not forget that when Hurrell was dropped earlier this season and the rumours of Matai first popped up there was a "Matai signing to hasten Hurrell release" article. Well we're still after Matai and on the outside chance Manly suddenly buckled it wouldn't be costing us Hurrell.

And finally, Tomkins is reportedly on 750k a season, but I highly doubt it's 750k under the cap.

shiznit

Coach
From what I remember Mateo signed a pretty decent contract to pull him away from eels and then again to keep him as a few clubs were after him
Mateo originally came on big money... But his last deal was supposedly a massive drop off...

Same with Nathan Friend... I think the Warriors basically showed both of them the door but the players ended up taking cuts.

From talking with 2 people I know involved with the club through a sponsorship...

The only guys on more than 400K are:

Tomkins - rumoured to be 750K
Johnson - I've heard anything from 500K to 1M - he has massive 3rd party deals with asiscs and Vodafone.
Mannering - 400K -
Nielsen - 400K
Manu - 450K

A big chunk of the stars have substantial 3rd party deals with NZ companies... Which is a bonus of being a the only team in NZ... They have the private sector to themselves here.

tangalife

Juniors
Mateo originally came on big money... But his last deal was supposedly a massive drop off...

Same with Nathan Friend... I think the Warriors basically showed both of them the door but the players ended up taking cuts.

From talking with 2 people I know involved with the club through a sponsorship...

The only guys on more than 400K are:

Tomkins - rumoured to be 750K
Johnson - I've heard anything from 500K to 1M - he has massive 3rd party deals with asiscs and Vodafone.
Mannering - 400K -
Nielsen - 400K
Manu - 450K

A big chunk of the stars have substantial 3rd party deals with NZ companies... Which is a bonus of being a the only team in NZ... They have the private sector to themselves here.

This sounds about right to me (no knowledge, just using intuition ;)) Manu is on a declining contract, he will get cheaper as time goes on I imagine. Neilsen will drop off next year too. S

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Raiders to announce big name signings next week according to Stuart

"Big" Georgie Rose, and the greek senstation Konstantinos Salpingidis is my tip. Big names.

Maybe it'll be Moltzen or Anasta.

You need some playmakers....

lol sorry.

super_coach

First Grade
Maybe it'll be Moltzen or Anasta.

You need some playmakers....

lol sorry.

I was thinking Moltzen and Lawrence would be great for the Raiders and the Tigers have a deal on now buy two get one free, so we will throw in Keith Lulia for free

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
As previously rumoured, Anthony Laffranchi is looking at a comeback to the NRL. The Tigers, Cowboys & Storm have shown interest in the Prop, who is still playing well for St Helens in the Super League.

Status
Not open for further replies.