What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPEYE

Coach
As previously rumoured, Anthony Laffranchi is looking at a comeback to the NRL. The Tigers, Cowboys & Storm have shown interest in the Prop, who is still playing well for St Helens in the Super League.

The Laffranchi story on one of the sports channels was interesting, I'd forgotten he's achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. He wants to be a commentator and the little bit of arsing around he did sounded great. The St Helens blokes interviewed reckon he's a leader so coaching might be on the cards

nrlnrl

First Grade
I hope it's not true, but Keith Galloway to the Dragons has been mentioned on a Dragons forum

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow the Eels putting in a big offer to match what Manly are going to offer. That'll get him away from the Eagles :sarcasm:

You are damn right it will. I'll start celebrating the coup now.

Unfortunately for Daly there us the halfback curse of the Eels. He is destined to turn to crap. Good news for NSW in 2016 I guess??

nrlnrl

First Grade
Iosia Soliola to Raiders

Eels putting in a huge bid for DCE - 1mil per year for 4 years.

yep, in the Telegraph this morning

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wh...yevans-4-million/story-e6freuy9-1226994641441

What?s the Buzz: The Parramatta Eels are set to offer Daly Cherry-Evans $4 million
PHIL ROTHFIELD THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JULY 20, 2014 12:00AM

THE Parramatta Eels want to pinch Manly?s champion halfback Daly Cherry-Evans ? and they are prepared to offer $4 million to get him. Eels coach Brad Arthur believes he is the one player to complete the jigsaw and deliver Parramatta?s first premiership since 1986. It would be their first champion halfback since Peter Sterling.

Cherry-Evans has put contract talks at Manly on hold until next season, when his current deal expires. It was originally expected that he would head to the Brisbane Broncos, but his wife enjoys life in Sydney and wants their young family to stay in the Harbour City.

I?m told the Eels are prepared to go to $4 million ? a cool $1 million-a-season ? over four years to secure one of the game?s best playmakers. It would give the Eels potentially a premiership winning spine with Jarryd Hayne at fullback, Cherry-Evans at halfback and Nathan Peats at hooker.

Like a lot of Manly players, Cherry-Evans has enormous respect for Parramatta coach Arthur, who was assistant coach at the Sea Eagles last season. The plan to secure the brilliant Queensland halfback would mean the end of Chris Sandow?s association with Parramatta. Unless he is picked up by a rival Sydney club, England?s Super League would be his most likely option.

mxlegend99

Referee
There's not a club in the NRL that wouldn't pay $1m per season for DCE. In 2016 that's not going to be a whole lot for the best half in the game.

Charlie124

First Grade
There's not a club in the NRL that wouldn't pay $1m per season for DCE. In 2016 that's not going to be a whole lot for the best half in the game.

This.

If any club wants to snatch DCE away from manly, 1mil a season isn't gonna do it. Just about every club in the comp would offer that or more to get him in their colours. The winning club is gonna have to come up with something pretty special AND give him a reason to leave a successful club.

natheel

Coach
if this rift at manly is true then Manly will have a big decision to make in regards to keep those players like Matai and Stewart etc happy or keep DCE on big money

The cap goes up in 2016 plus player concession for long term players i.e. Hayne for parra so thats how eels could afford both possibly (if DCE was to go to eels) i think he will stay but he will be signed for quite a bit and manly will lose players in the process

natheel

Coach
With Hayne on close to 1 mill,that will be 2 mill on 2 players,how can that work.

Long term player allowance for players at the club for 8 years or more. Hayne qualifies for that plus 3rd party sponsors

Charlie124

First Grade
if this rift at manly is true then Manly will have a big decision to make in regards to keep those players like Matai and Stewart etc happy or keep DCE on big money

The cap goes up in 2016 plus player concession for long term players i.e. Hayne for parra so thats how eels could afford both possibly (if DCE was to go to eels) i think he will stay but he will be signed for quite a bit and manly will lose players in the process

Option A:
Keep two 30yr old injury prone backs who, while good clubmen, are definitely past thier prime.

Option B:
Keep a guy who at the age of 25 has already represented Australia and QLD, won a Clive Churchill medal and been a bees dick away from a Dally M to go with it. A guy who plays in the most important position on the field and would be impossible to replace.

hmmm decisions decisions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts