What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Not at all.

Sam Perrett, Jacob Loko, Thompson and Chase Stanley all off contract then.

I'd imagine Sam may retire. Loko & Stanley would be one or two injury away from giving it up too.

I see Sione as the long term fullback to be honest.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out to stay at Knights. They will no doubt guilt them all year and throw massive massive money to keep them for the fans.

Don't worry, you won't have to wait until Round 13 next year - Knights will have Sione, Pat & Chanel wrapped up well before then.

TheViking

Juniors
Don't worry, you won't have to wait until Round 13 next year - Knights will have Sione, Pat & Chanel wrapped up well before then.

Maybe so. Maybe not.

From what I just heard the Dogs may have another big surprise. Guess we shall see.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yep, old news for Dragons fans - story posted on Telegraph site tonight & will be confirmed within a week ( could be even tomorrow or Friday ). There could be others leaving ( Nightingale & Merrin ), they tried to offload Farrell to Sharks, but they were told he had injury concerns so they said no.

But in BIG news for the Dragons, they might be signing George Rose & other bargain forwards.

Jesus wept.

If we lost ONE of Morris, Mez or Nightingale we'd be f*cked, let alone all three. And I assume the excitement about signing a Rose is a pisstake...a fat bench forward will make zero difference.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Jesus wept.

If we lost ONE of Morris, Mez or Nightingale we'd be f*cked, let alone all three. And I assume the excitement about signing a Rose is a pisstake...a fat bench forward will make zero difference.

Yep

But it's the likely destinations for those 3 that will really hurt Dragons fans :

BMoz to Bulldogs, Flo to Sharks & Mez to Roosters ( source is pretty reliable Dragons fan )

BunniesMan

Immortal
Merrin and Nightingale will not go in 2015 at least. But Morris has played his last game for the Dragons.

Brett Morris -> Bulldogs. 2015.

Merrin and Nightingale not going.

You heard it here first.

--Storm--

Juniors
Am I wrong in thinking Brett Morris had a stint as Dragons FB and it never really worked out?

Ricky will have his first Rep player if reports are true and Josh Hoffman is headed there ;)

TheViking

Juniors
Am I wrong in thinking Brett Morris had a stint as Dragons FB and it never really worked out?

Ricky will have his first Rep player if reports are true and Josh Hoffman is headed there ;)

On this, Morris did play there. He actually played extremely well there.

Problem was he did not want to continue playing there and said the fitness side of thing really caught up. He was thrown in at like round 4 or 5.

Two views here. One he may well be bought for the wing. Afterall they had Thompson & Brown on the wing. With Stanley in and out injured. Rona is signed and could lock down 1 wing. Morris may well take the other one.

nrlnrl

First Grade
On this, Morris did play there. He actually played extremely well there.

Problem was he did not want to continue playing there and said the fitness side of thing really caught up. He was thrown in at like round 4 or 5.

Two views here. One he may well be bought for the wing. Afterall they had Thompson & Brown on the wing. With Stanley in and out injured. Rona is signed and could lock down 1 wing. Morris may well take the other one.

Sorry, but Morris hasn't played fullback for the Dragons since 2012 wen he played 13 games there. He played a couple at fullback in 2009 & 2007 & 15 there in 2008. In Round 4 this year it was Adam Quinlan & in Round 5 it was Josh Dugan.

Starkers

Bench
as a dragons fan i've always thought of him making the transition to fullback. i think he would be a damaging runner in the brett stewart mould, but needs to work on his passing game at the back.

grouch

First Grade
Morris came through the grades as a fullback, played fullback in a Jersey Flegg premiership winning team, and spent most of 2008 as the starting fullback in NRL. He does definintely lack the passing/ballplaying ability of your present day cookie cutter fullback stereotype... but Des Hasler is the kind of coach who eschews stereotypes

perverse

Referee
Boyd -> Roosters is going around the traps at the moment. Was spotted at Roosters HQ yesterday apparently. RTS would be pretty pissed with that one, I'd think.

TheViking

Juniors
Sorry, but Morris hasn't played fullback for the Dragons since 2012 wen he played 13 games there. He played a couple at fullback in 2009 & 2007 & 15 there in 2008. In Round 4 this year it was Adam Quinlan & in Round 5 it was Josh Dugan.

I never said different? I said he was thrown in at round 4-5 to replace Kyle Stanley. In 2012.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I never said different? I said he was thrown in at round 4-5 to replace Kyle Stanley. In 2012.

OK, that makes sense, but you didn't mention 2012 in your reply ( sent 10:58 last night ). You were very close listing it as Round 4 or 5, Morris replaced Stanley as fullback in Round 3.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Boyd -> Roosters is going around the traps at the moment. Was spotted at Roosters HQ yesterday apparently. RTS would be pretty pissed with that one, I'd think.

Yeah, 4 year deal being mentioned. It just shows the gulf between well run clubs like the Roosters, Rabbitohs & Bulldogs to the Dragons who are an absolute mess.

The successful ones continually maintain a high quality roster by retaining the bulk of their current players & also plan ahead by signing a mixture of high & low profile players. They do this as necessary when some players retire, move to another club or just to strengthen in certain areas for the future ( eg - Hastings at the Roosters )

perverse

Referee
Can't be true. Wayne is coaching the Broncos, not the Roosters.
The Broncos seem to be really struggling to find money for him, which is surprising to me given their elastic salary cap at times. He's f**ked everything up at Newcastle and his position in the team is pretty much totally untenable at this point - he needs to go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.