What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
My sources are telling me that Blake Austin and Corey Patterson are a done deal to the Tigers.

You heard it here first

Kiwi

First Grade
My sources tell me it'll be two rugby league players and bbq rib sauce is the best

unbreaK

Juniors
My sources are telling me that Blake Austin and Corey Patterson are a done deal to the Tigers.

You heard it here first

Check the page before, I was the first to say you heard it here first, stop stealing my glory.

I don't think even Eels fans would be too happy to be welcoming the 'Bash Brothers' Austin and Patterson to their playing roster in 2014. Obviously promoting 'quantity' over 'quality' on this twitter hype train.

#itsmylife should be forever changed to #FML.

Wests Tigers ‏@Wests_Tigers 21m For those that missed it, we will be announcing TWO SIGNINGS today! All will be revealed at 1pm #itsmylife

ek999

First Grade
Check the page before, I was the first to say you heard it here first, stop stealing my glory.

Lol. f**k I completely missed your post, was just skimming through and didn't see Austin mentioned. My bad, your glory has been returned

Joker's Wild

Coach
Paterson is a very good footballer with loads of talent. The issue is his involvement in the Nassar/Mundine camp and whether he can keep his head in the game

Raider_69

Post Whore
They are both pretty meh signings. Both have talent, but meh.
Patterson is as washed up as it gets right now... and Austin, well its better than meh, good low risk, high reward signing. That kid is very talented and young enough to still realise it.

Puntastic

Juniors
I like Austin. He's got a bit of spark, but doesn't seem to fit the mould for Cleary's Panthers. Best of luck to him. I thought he was a better player than Seijka when they were coming through and he's got time on his side.

Patterson's just a relatively safe, solid signing (for the right price of course).

Not amazing, but not bad either.

Puntastic

Juniors
Tigers could do with a signing like Wallace or Coote though? Would make sense considering their halves situation I would have thought if Coote is still viewed as a 5/8?

nrlnrl

First Grade
Tigers could do with a signing like Wallace or Coote though? Would make sense considering their halves situation I would have thought if Coote is still viewed as a 5/8?

Isn't the plan to have Curtis Sironen at 5/8 until Mitchell Moses is ready & then move him to lock ? ( with Luke Brooks at half )

Puntastic

Juniors
Isn't the plan to have Curtis Sironen at 5/8 until Mitchell Moses is ready & then move him to lock ? ( with Luke Brooks at half )

I imagine Wallace in particular wont hang around more than 2 years at any club. He'd be a solid enough fill in somewhere for a little while but probably not the ideal competitive halfback in 2014. If the Tigers are a year or two off I'd have thought him a possibility (Austin will play a bit of No 6. I'd imagine).

Coote, who knows. I'd think he'd be another who will get a chance to prove himself like Austin somewhere due to his relative youth and flexibility. Just doesn't fit in Penrith.

ek999

First Grade
Can't see it happening either but if Barba wants to go to Brisbane I can't see them letting him go without having a replacement lined up

Status
Not open for further replies.