What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Reading an smh article is hardly research.

Anyway thats crazy he is on that much, who the f**k thought backending everyone that heavily was going to work out well.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Reading an smh article is hardly research.

Anyway thats crazy he is on that much, who the f**k thought backending everyone that heavily was going to work out well.

Des Hasler's legacy.
A couple of Premierships, grand final appearances and in every final series for 9 years by the end of this season. Worked out pretty well I think.

zombie jesus

Staff member
yep now its coming to an end Toovey will need to start his own legacy

Foran, DCE, Hiku, Taufua, Gutherson and a few good young forwards, plus the salary cap space left from the "core group" transitioning out over the next few seasons, it's a good base to work with.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
What about Ricky Stuart and The Raiders moaning about Proctor backing out of his handshake deal . Papalii anyone ?

Maybe Proctor had family reasons or the schools are better in Melbourne . The hypocrisy of these clowns is staggering .

maple_69

Bench
Yep Manly have the spine locked in to get through the transition reasonably well if Toovey is good enough.

nick87

Coach
What about Ricky Stuart and The Raiders moaning about Proctor backing out of his handshake deal . Papalii anyone ?

Maybe Proctor had family reasons or the schools are better in Melbourne . The hypocrisy of these clowns is staggering .

Ricky Stuart was coaching Parramatta when Papalii backed out, and he moaned about that too.

Jesus wept. You are such a f**king battler. :lol:

T.S Quint

Coach
Willie Tonga? f**k that, he has been woeful for years. Last thing we need is a centre

If by "woeful" you mean "always injured" then yes, I agree. Bit hard to be woeful when you can't make it onto the park.
He's playing pretty well this year though.

Dutchy

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ses-fears-of-manly-exodus-20140412-zqtx7.html

"Some of their highest-profile players are on heavily back-ended deals for 2015 ? Anthony Watmough is on the books for almost $900,000 next year"

I actually research what I'm talking about, bud ;-) try it next time

Having seen his actual contact, no read it with no proof in the rag, I can guarantee you that you're wrong.
Watmough has taken cuts, and was on a front loaded contract. Glenn Stewart is back ended and on 900k this season. Choc is on less than half of that.

mxlegend99

Referee
So apparently Ennis is going to sign with the Sharks in the next 48 hours unless the Bulldogs have a last minute offer for him.

My question is why are the Raiders and Sharks fighting to sign him? He's deadset average and not going to get any better. Why wouldn't they just throw $150k a season at Kevin Kingston to get pretty much the exact same quality player, only someone who is a genuinely likeable guy aswell. He would be a much better value signing IMO.

Edwahu

Bench
So apparently Ennis is going to sign with the Sharks in the next 48 hours unless the Bulldogs have a last minute offer for him.

My question is why are the Raiders and Sharks fighting to sign him? He's deadset average and not going to get any better. Why wouldn't they just throw $150k a season at Kevin Kingston to get pretty much the exact same quality player, only someone who is a genuinely likeable guy aswell. He would be a much better value signing IMO.

The last thing the Raiders need on the paddock is a nice guy.

Puntastic

Juniors
Kingston's 31, probably has a couple more solid years in him. Not the most exciting player, but dependable and a good leader. I think he'd be an alright fit at the Raiders, especially around the young blokes. Can see why fans might be against the idea, but he's probably a fair alternative to Ennis.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ennis is pretty good for us and I don't wanna lose him.

I feel the same. Liccha may be good, but we have yet to see how he handles the week to week rigour of the nrl. Would feel more comfortable with Ennis showing him the ropes for at least a season.

Is Blake Ayshford still being shopped around?
My touch footy team needs a new water boy.

And if he shows good spirit he might even be able to warm the bench for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.