What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Both of those numbers are crazy. G Stewart is average to good at beat these days, and an injury liability

If Glen Stewart is on $850k this season, as mentioned in here previously, you can bet your bottom dollar he was on low amounts the other years of the contracts.

Back ended deals are SHITE. Should not be allowed.

He will be out of Manly at years end, you can count on it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Manly is in serious salary cap pressure, they back ended contracts and as said before they pay their top 17 very well, injuries on these older players is impacting on 2nd tier contracts

Most clubs end up paying for their success , and Manly are paying for their good years as these contracts are still in play

A parting gift from Dessie I hear... Lol

mxlegend99

Referee
So next year will be something like:

Tolman
Ennis
Graham
Fifita
Pritchard
Eastwood

Kasiano
Williams
Jackson
Finucane/Klemmer/Mbye/Lichaa

A player or two have to go. They simply won't fit
If they each lost 20kg they might fit onto the park... Thats a f**king huge pack.

Billythekid

First Grade
You shouldn't be able to back end contracts or at the very least it should be severely limited. Otherwise it's just a way to go over the cap for a year essentially (even if you pay for it later).

Bench
You shouldn't be able to back end contracts or at the very least it should be severely limited. Otherwise it's just a way to go over the cap for a year essentially (even if you pay for it later).

Cronulla have done the back ended contracts for a while,Lewis is heavilly back ended like wise Gallen,throw in the Tigers paying for players the last few years.
This was probably a big hurdle to overcome in trying to resign Fifita,and fit the other players in now the Tigers are no longer topping up their players contracts.

Billythekid

First Grade
Cronulla have done the back ended contracts for a while,Lewis is heavilly back ended like wise Gallen,throw in the Tigers paying for players the last few years.
This was probably a big hurdle to overcome in trying to resign Fifita,and fit the other players in now the Tigers are no longer topping up their players contracts.

I've got no doubt a lot of clubs do it but i'm just not a fan of it really.

aqua_duck

Coach
Heard they were going after Matt Scott, James Tamou, JWH, Ben Matulino and George Burgess as Des feels like they need to boast their prop rotation

Paullyboy

Coach
If there's one thing I've learnt as a raiders fan, props are the the most replaceable players on the park. There are the occasional exceptions, but generally having 3 or 4 rep props just hurts your salary cap more than anything else.

BranVan3000

Coach
If there's one thing I've learnt as a raiders fan, props are the the most replaceable players on the park. There are the occasional exceptions, but generally having 3 or 4 rep props just hurts your salary cap more than anything else.

Your forwards who turn soft as butter in big games over the past years are why you haven't been contenders

Paullyboy

Coach
No it's not, playmakers are what win big games. Big props are done a dozen as Melbourne, manly and the roosters haven proven repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.