What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
If Manly can keep DCE, Foran and Hiku they will be a force for the foreseeable future. After that is icing.

Juju

Juniors
It was just mentioned on the Warriors U20s v Tigers commentary - that James Taylor - Warriors prop has signed a 3 year deal with Newcastle…

Juju

Juniors
Any good?
Yeah stand out for the Warriors in a beaten grand final side last year,
Nuggety prop - similar styled type player to Gallen if you were to compare him to a current FGer.

Definitely think it is a good pick up by the Knights.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Taylor has some potential for sure. Not too sure what to think of this. I think he definitely has that attitude Bennett will like so I don't doubt he'll make the grade at some point.

From the Warriors POV we've got props coming out our ears so I suppose someone had to go. Would rather he went and made good than stayed and languished in reserves for most of his career.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Tim Grant > Souths effective immediately within the next two weeks, according to someone on another forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench
Hayne to leave Parra due to 3rd party deals falling through according to SMH

Similar story in the tele,surprise the dogs are in the hunt for his signature,because they have a stack of room left in their cap.:shock:

ek999

First Grade
Similar story in the tele,surprise the dogs are in the hunt for his signature,because they have a stack of room left in their cap.:shock:

Castle has said we would need to release players if we were to sign anyone else

Taylor has some potential for sure. Not too sure what to think of this. I think he definitely has that attitude Bennett will like so I don't doubt he'll make the grade at some point.

From the Warriors POV we've got props coming out our ears so I suppose someone had to go. Would rather he went and made good than stayed and languished in reserves for most of his career.

Moving to the knights really hasn't worked out for out other young guys. Hope it works out better for James

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No it hasn't sadly.

I think Taylor has a good shot though. He seems like quite a level headed and determined player.

Mika never really had the full package imo but could hit like anyone (Joel Edwards comes to mind) Packer was a nutcase, Likiliki #1 was physically strong but mentally weak, Likiliki #2 I think still has big potential and could possibly make an impact at the Knights.

aqua_duck

Coach
No it hasn't sadly.

I think Taylor has a good shot though. He seems like quite a level headed and determined player.

Mika never really had the full package imo but could hit like anyone (Joel Edwards comes to mind) Packer was a nutcase, Likiliki #1 was physically strong but mentally weak, Likiliki #2 I think still has big potential and could possibly make an impact at the Knights.

Only success was Vuna

BranVan3000

Coach
Surely Panthers won't be paying any of his salary. Sam Burgess going early?

Would probably take up the space Lima left for now

But Sam going wouldn't bother me one bit, disruptive influence and its not going to get better as he gets closer to leaving for Union and needing to play injury free

GongPanther

Referee
Surely Panthers won't be paying any of his salary. Sam Burgess going early?

It'll free up $300k because of some long term player contract clause.

That money will be needed to shore up some of our up and coming juniors.

Even at the expense of losing someone like Tim,although as sad as the outcome has turn out,it is hard when you do lose a player that wore his heart on his sleeve for the Panthers.

But we must all remember that this is nobody's fault at the club.

That includes Tim,Gould or any other board member.

So in case the likes of Rothfield,in trying to deflect the hammerring his team got from the knights,tries to print a full page of why the likes of TG and others have left the club,it was all to do with the salary cap that we had to whittle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.