What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
So you'd rather go back to that than go through this pain for a chance at a real culture change in the club?

It looks like Sticky has identified our need for leadership, where no previous coach did.

Has he though? He has not purchased any leadership so far.

So you'd rather go back to that than go through this pain for a chance at a real culture change in the club?

It looks like Sticky has identified our need for leadership, where no previous coach did.

Who said that they wanted to go back to Smith? Simply recognising that he we did very well under him....far better than we've done since.

jk13

First Grade
You poor kids need to just think about the 80's to get some form of relief. We were like the storm then. We'd bring on some nuffie at some point and he'd lift and play like a champ. God dam leadership was yinging out of our yang back then.

Delboy

First Grade
Brian Smith, now there's a name I could see being a successful CEO, wouldn't it be unbelievable to have the choice of Mayer and Smith as the new man in charge

We can dream, but you could wake up happy I would imaghne

The Colonel

Immortal
Brian Smith, now there's a name I could see being a successful CEO, wouldn't it be unbelievable to have the choice of Mayer and Smith as the new man in charge

It has seemingly worked well at Penrith with Gould. We could probably do a lot worse...

We have done a lot worse.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Who said that they wanted to go back to Smith? Simply recognising that he we did very well under him....far better than we've done since.

He is turning Jarryd Hayne into full-on leadership material - the hunger, the fight, the tenacity, the increase in passion, etc.... I didn't think Jarryd had this extra quality in him but playing at 6 (it's inevitable) he will be the rock to build a premiership contender around in the coming years. There are some issues still lingering for me but overall, thus far, I like what Ricky is doing with our culture and the rebuilding of our club from bottom to top (thanks to others as well).

You poor kids need to just think about the 80's to get some form of relief. We were like the storm then. We'd bring on some nuffie at some point and he'd lift and play like a champ. God dam leadership was yinging out of our yang back then.

Yeh, it might partly have been leadership and partly the fact that it's a hell of a lot easier for a young bloke to come into a team that is regularly winning (e.g. Crnkovic, Delroy, Chalmers, that bloke who scored 3 or 4 tries in a game whose name I can't remember). Was it Delroy who got knocked senseless by Farrar in the GF?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Love the idea of Smith as CEO - would love to see this happen and work.

How do you know? The Pommies could be leaders, as could Corey Norman.

Sticky has also given one of our 'leaders' permission to f**k off next year, despite still being under contract.

Hmmmm....do any of these player scream 'leader' to you? Hock maybe...if we can keep him on the field (or actually get him to front up).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hmmmm....do any of these player scream 'leader' to you? Hock maybe...if we can keep him on the field (or actually get him to front up).

I actually think the Broncos lack leadership, so Norman probably isn't one. As for the Pommies, I never watch them play. I'm guessing Wigan is a leadership heavy organisation though.

I also reckon Hopoate is a leader beyond his years.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well mate I'm not the one who signed them.

And I dont think Sticky or anyone else at the club has ever mentioned that they were signed because of their leadership qualities. So I think your being a bit presumptious just assuming they were signed for their leadership qualities. We just knocked back a leader from one Club so perhaps Sticky things we have enough leaders in the Club as it is.

Noise

Coach
I actually think the Broncos lack leadership, so Norman probably isn't one. As for the Pommies, I never watch them play. I'm guessing Wigan is a leadership heavy organisation though.

I also reckon Hopoate is a leader beyond his years.

Agree that Norman is probably not a leader and hoppa is. Out of the poms I'm not sure hock is a leader (remeber Wigan couldn't wait to see the back of him) though he seems to be a mad merkin. Mossop could be. I'm really hoping they get picked for the World Cup so we czn watch them vs nrl quality players

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And I dont think Sticky or anyone else at the club has ever mentioned that they were signed because of their leadership qualities. So I think your being a bit presumptious just assuming they were signed for their leadership qualities. We just knocked back a leader from one Club so perhaps Sticky things we have enough leaders in the Club as it is.

x2.

Players are not automatically signed because they are leaders. It is an attribute that coaches might look for at times but equally sometimes they might just want a world class athlete like Gavin or Neville Oz.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And I dont think Sticky or anyone else at the club has ever mentioned that they were signed because of their leadership qualities. So I think your being a bit presumptious just assuming they were signed for their leadership qualities.

I don't assume they were signed for their leadership qualities; I just think they might have been.

The main thing that convinces me of Sticky's intentions is his moving Maitua on. Maitua is obviously influential (which isn't the same as being a leader), so keeping him at the club limits the space for genuine leaders to come in to the club, or develop from within the playing group.

We just knocked back a leader from one Club so perhaps Sticky things we have enough leaders in the Club as it is.

Fair point actually. Kingston is a proven leader and we didn't want him.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
x2.

Players are not automatically signed because they are leaders. It is an attribute that coaches might look for at times but equally sometimes they might just want a world class athlete like Gavin or Neville Oz.

This thread is being gutted - I've had a gutful - "f**k your eyes" and bring forth our leader to lead us out of this terrible mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.