What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Things smith did rights.
Stringer
Moving mcracken to second tow
Hodgson
Moodie
Widders
Solimona
Wagon
Brad drew
Beutner
Taylor
Smith
Hindmarsh

Look every coach may sign some duds but smith signed average players on cheap and turned them into or atleast got a few great seasons out of.Looks like penrith are doing the same.
When was last time we s igned a guy who over achieved

strider

Post Whore
are you sure we didn't want him? Seems to me that the club pulled its offer once those doing the deal found out Kingston was staying put (which was over a week ago).

phil gould's words were, his only other option was to leave sydney and he couldn't so they worked out a 1 year deal for him

i would say either, we wouldn't offer him anything more than 1 yr (so of course he'll stay with a better team) OR we simply didn't want him and wanted peats instead

hope we don't live to regret it for a second time

jk13

First Grade
Delroy sounds right gazza. Remember reading somewhere that when the pig apologised to him after the game, he didn't know what the apology was for. Life was grand when we f$cked their eyes

Forty20

First Grade
Unlike Papalii, the Eels junior [Keating] would snap-up the chance of a guaranteed future at Parramatta. But that's no longer the case, with Keating one of 12 Eels players advised to look elsewhere for 2014.

He remains intent on trying to convince coach Ricky Stuart otherwise, even if the club is expected to announce the signing of Rabbitohs rake Nathan Peats next week.

Clicky

Courtesy of everyone's favourite journalist, Josh Massoud.

TheRam

Coach
Brian Smith a CEO? Really? The bloke sure knows his sh*t, but that has never been his issue. The mind games and lack of leadership around the place once he put his stamp on the joint would be ridiculous.

The guys is a wreck when dealing with equals. No, no freakin way.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agree with Ram. Brian Smith's value is in his immense knowledge of football. He could be very good in a coaching director type role but I don't think he would be suited to a CEO role.

TheRam

Coach
Things smith did rights.
Stringer
Moving mcracken to second tow
Hodgson
Moodie
Widders
Solimona
Wagon
Brad drew
Beutner
Taylor
Smith
Hindmarsh

Look every coach may sign some duds but smith signed average players on cheap and turned them into or at least got a few great seasons out of.Looks like penrith are doing the same.
When was last time we s signed a guy who over achieved

I get your point, but none of them were really over achievers, except maybe Wagon. They were all either young but had shown great promise, or very good to great, but had injuries or were old and need to prove them selves again. And when you come to a strong club, that is much, much simpler to do.

But I do get your point in that most of them, when brought to our club, were undesirables for varying reasons, and no we don't do that anymore. :(

Someone like James Roberts for example. That is partly why I think Stuart is a dud of a coach for us. He has never really been able to spot and attract the undesirable or under the radar type of player that turns out to be a gem and who doesn't cost mega bucks.

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
You guys must have missed the bit about him getting rid of Maitua.

Have we actually got rid of him yet? Seemingly hasn't signed with another club and I believe is still on contract into next year....

Keating looks like the only bloke leaving at this point outside of three young blokes who have played 25 games between them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have we actually got rid of him yet? Seemingly hasn't signed with another club and I believe is still on contract into next year....

Hasn't he said he'll retire if he can't find another club?

Keating looks like the only bloke leaving at this point outside of three young blokes who have played 25 games between them.

Don't forget Roberts.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
David shillington looks ok - good size prop I think we need someone with his running style and size . If we could get him for a decent price we shoujd consider him. Watching the raiders it was clear we lack some size - shillington would help. Also Stuart has been playing with three props on the field so we could do with another prop.

Forty20

First Grade
Andrew Hill has emerged as the early favourite to take the vacant job of chief executive at Parramatta. Hill, the NRL's general manager for league integration and game development, has been sounded out for a number of positions in club land. However, Parramatta is his most likely destination as Eels officials scout a replacement for Ken Edwards. Hill played for the Eels and enjoyed a brief stint as the CEO of the club before taking up an executive position for the Greater Western Sydney. While at the Giants, he was able to do something his former club was unable to do - sign superstar Israel Folau - before taking up an executive post at the ARLC. Asked what he was looking for in a chief executive, Eels chairman Steve Sharp said: ''We need someone who is Parramatta, someone who understands football and understands what we want to do with our club. Those people are few and far between but there might be a few who are interested in getting us to where we want to go.'' Sharp ruled out a return for former chief executive Denis ''The Emperor'' Fitzgerald, describing his chances as ''zero''.

Clicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts