What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least four members of Parramatta's 2014 NRL squad - three of whom are new recruits - are now free agents thanks to Ricky Stuart's move to Canberra.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal new buys Nathan Peats, Justin Hunt, and Brenden Santi, all struck deals with get-out clauses that enabled them to leave should Stuart no longer be coach.
Boom local product Junior Paulo, who also signed a contract extension this year, enjoys the same clause.

Parramatta’s other 2014 recruits - Corey Norman, Will Hopoate and Lee Mossop - do not have get-out clauses.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-parramatta-eels/story-fni3ga7r-1226718148870

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, they know where the f**ken door is. Deadshit merkins.

How long do they have to exercise these clauses?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not expecting any player to leave, I'm also not expecting anymore signings and I'm expecting Ben smith, Matt Ryan and Daniel Harrison to be at the club next season...

I'm not expecting any player to leave, I'm also not expecting anymore signings and I'm expecting Ben smith, Matt Ryan and Daniel Harrison to be at the club next season...

Who in their right mind would have signed Ben Smith, Daniel Harrison and Matt Ryan. Absolute garbage they are.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It's interesting that they were included in the list of players leaving on the club's official site, but on the official Twitter they weren't.

Also, have Radradra and Toutai definitely re-signed?

Gronk

Staff member
Sharpie said in one of the articles posted today that the 12 are gone. No players will have that decision reversed. The only ones who might stay are those who have been unable to get another club take over their 2014 Eels deal.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mate, the 3 mentioned haven't found a club and I highly doubt that they will although Ben smith has some interest from Salford...

The other 2 are definitely re- signed

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Will Ben smith even be fit enough to play again.

While Ryan / Harrison aren't going to be superstars, if a new coach actually shows them some love and confidence in their ability, I reckon they will provide something to our top 17 next year. Gee Harrison was going alright with manly last year.

What was Stuart thinking telling the squad they are crap, they won't make the finals and will get some floggings no wonder we had a shit year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Junior is on ivan and goulds radar.They are in talks now and deal could be struck soon.Id be suprised if he isnt wearing a panthers jersey next year...
Lol its al ending in tears.
Hoppa will wear the blue and white jersey and join hasler management see parra as a risk.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the new coach could do worse than their first point of business is hold a group meeting and tell every player if you're not happy and you're not committed then tell you're story walking and you can F%^k off right now. There will be plenty of other people around who will want their pay check.

mal12

Juniors
Harrison hadn't even played nrl for parra when he was told he wasn't wanted and the games he put in for parra when given opportunity showed his ability as a solid team player.Just because your not the player that attracts attention through the game doesn't mean you haven't got value for a team. Don't forget he came out of one of the best defensive structured teams to our rabble in Defense.I would like to see him given opportunity under a different coach

Delboy

First Grade
Hindy, if your info comes to fruition, then RS should be condemned for a long, long time. It is unfortunate
that he can't be sued for dereliction of duty

As for his snide comment about small minded people, just f*** off

I have come into contact with him on several occasions, and I didn't find him to be impressive at all, very fidgety and not one to look you straight in the eye.

Hopefully the players rise to the challenge, his action in continuing to lie to management about his intentions is despicable and his only friends will end up being his media mates and Canberrans.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Harrison hadn't even played nrl for parra when he was told he wasn't wanted and the games he put in for parra when given opportunity showed his ability as a solid team player.Just because your not the player that attracts attention through the game doesn't mean you haven't got value for a team. Don't forget he came out of one of the best defensive structured teams to our rabble in Defense.I would like to see him given opportunity under a different coach

Yep - I thought he went ok. Nice offload and works hard, definitely a player that the right coach could develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.