What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why does a CEO need "football experience"?

That could read as "they were never a footy player". Are the list of CEO candidates limited to footy players only.... I hope not.
Name me one company of the top 100 Aussie companies that has a footy player as CEO?

If we get a savvy businessman who loves league and our club, then I'm thinking we're in good shape.
I never said we need a footy player, but someone who has had some sort of background in RL would be nice. There are candidates out there, Quayle,May,Parr even Hill who have plenty of experience in running RL clubs. Look at the shape our club is in???

If the club was running smoothly and in great shape it wouldn't be as vital iMO but we are the laughing stock of the league ATM, we need someone who won't be bullied by the board and happy to tell them to stay out of it if need be, from what i have heard this will not be the case.

I'm with OMC on this one. Managerial / financial experience / conflict resolution skills are the key requirements here. A good CEO knows when to seek expert advice and from whom to seek it. If we restrict our options to those with football CEO experience we are excluding most of the best talent out there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm with OMC on this one. Managerial / financial experience / conflict resolution skills are the key requirements here. A good CEO knows when to seek expert advice and from whom to seek it. If we restrict our options to those with football CEO experience we are excluding most of the best talent out there.
True, but so is going with friends of the board......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Pie jokes aside I also agree with OMC. Problem is that a lot of the talented execs and CEOs probably have aspirations of doing something a little more fulfilling than running a shitty football club.

True, but so is going with friends of the board......

Maybe, but the fact that we (apparently) have selected one doesn't automatically mean that we didn't consider people outside that set. Depends who it is. Obviously, someone without baggage would be preferable....but thus far we are relying on hearsay of hearsay.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe, but the fact that we (apparently) have selected one doesn't automatically mean that we didn't consider people outside that set. Depends who it is. Obviously, someone without baggage would be preferable....but thus far we are relying on hearsay of hearsay.
I truly hope my mail is wrong but from what i hear it is another job for the boys, have a look at the interim CEO of the Leagues club and who he is affiliated with. The more things change the more they stay the same. It doesn't matter who the CEO or coach is if the club is run by boards who continue to push their own bullshit agenda's that aren't in the best interest of the club. Well you don't even have to be on the board to do this :roll:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Pie jokes aside I also agree with OMC. Problem is that a lot of the talented execs and CEOs probably have aspirations of doing something a little more fulfilling than running a shitty football club.

In a country with around 21 million there would be plenty of worthy candidates (from many fields) that would have more then enough experience / qualifications and would be happy to run a footy club earning around I am guessing $400-800k per year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I truly hope my mail is wrong but from what i hear it is another job for the boys, have a look at the interim CEO of the Leagues club and who he is affiliated with. The more things change the more they stay the same. It doesn't matter who the CEO or coach is if the club is run by boards who continue to push their own bullshit agenda's that aren't in the best interest of the club. Well you don't even have to be on the board to do this :roll:

Any chance of sharing names?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In a country with around 21 million there would be plenty of worthy candidates (from many fields) that would have more then enough experience / qualifications and would be happy to run a footy club earning around I am guessing $400-800k per year.

I believe David Brent is available.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CEO will be announced today, I'm very surprised at the choice however I think I understand why it was made...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ex footballers aren't really known for their management skills, look at our board

Stagger eel

Staff member
No... Not Zapps but I have had a convo with someone who believes he could be the next Greenberg same type of manager

Status
Not open for further replies.