What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason70

Juniors
Hadley speculating that Brian Smith is back as GM Football and is responsible for appointment of coach

natheel

Coach
So apparently one group that started the 'rally' said it was hijacked by another group bahaha

Kornstar

Coach
I no nothing about the bloke other than the fact that it's an ' interesting choice' from those I spoke to.. However he did a phenomenal job with our membership numbers given the circumstances the club was under, willing to give him a go too.

Makes me think there could be a coaching director appointed

Well interesting is definitely true, but as you said if you have budget constraints and he interviewed well enough, you hire from within.

A coaching director would be interesting but i'm not sure who we could get? It would have to be someone like Smith otherwise it would be pointless.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So apparently one group that started the 'rally' said it was hijacked by another group bahaha

Sounds like every rally I've ever been to.

Starts out organised by rich kid uni students and ends up taken over by angry immigrant kids who just want to break stuff.

#FightThePower

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How is ra-ra's form?

They whinge that the NRL is poaching kids from private (rugby) schools when the best talent at those schools was all poached from rugby league in the first place.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyway, Australian rugby's biggest shortfall is lack of quality fat merkins scrummaging in the front row. Must be because it's the one thing they can't poach from rugby league. That and lineout jumpers.

phantom eel

First Grade
Good luck to Scott Seyward, I've never heard of him.

That's what happens when the previous CEO leaves a 2 million dollar hole in the budget, you hire within..,
Which CEO left the club 2 mill worse off? That's outrageous. Do you mean Edwards?

How did he manage that Stagger, given that he was only the footy club CEO? I could understand a bloke in Bentley's former role could manage it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
How did he manage that Stagger, given that he was only the footy club CEO? I could understand a bloke in Bentley's former role could manage it.

He hired 4 major managers to the football department in the past year, Matt Phelan, Scott Seward, Adam Thompson and Jason Irvine... There may of been 1 or 2 others but imo they were extravagant appointments..

He hired 4 major managers to the football department in the past year, Matt Phelan, Scott Seward, Adam Thompson and Jason Irvine... There may of been 1 or 2 others but imo they were extravagant appointments..

OK. Surely the Board has to ratify major hiring decisions like that though (or am I being hopelessly optimistic in thinking we'd follow standard commercial practice)? I guess with on-costs 4 GM's may cost you $2m.

Stagger eel

Staff member
OK. Surely the Board has to ratify major hiring decisions like that though (or am I being hopelessly optimistic in thinking we'd follow standard commercial practice)? I guess with on-costs 4 GM's may cost you $2m.

I suppose so, the appointments were made pretty early in Edwards's tenure

spiderdan

Bench
Thanks channel 9 and that f**kwit, ray warren, for remembering the storm were stripped of two titles when he mentioned Bellamy and Bennett (B1 and B2?) had won 3 and 7 titles respectively. Also good to know the storm's cheating is recognised and taken seriously by the nrl's biggest stakeholder. Dickheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts