What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Hey everyone, I've added a Sticky that is called "Manly Sea Eagles Rumoured Signings". If you hear anything relating to the Manly club and who they may be targeting, who they show interest in, or you just hear from a friend of a friend that someone is going to Manly, feel free to post it on the Rumoured Signings thread for all to see.

Cheers,

Steve

Ryan

Juniors
I'd love (and this was runoured earlier in the season) and with all the decent 2nd rowers in Aust tied up:- Jon Wilkin from St Helens. 22 years old. Played for GB in the tri nations.
Has scored a hatrick of tries on occassion. We need a second rower badly.

groggo

Juniors
i seem to remember a lad named wilkin signed for NE in 2002

is this guy related to him

Umm, dont think so Groggo, Jon Wilkin plays for St Helens in the ESL. Hes only 22, so I dont think its the same guy. I still have a slight feeling that BK will go around for one more year.

Oh ok... really hope it isn't the same bloke. Hopefully we can somehow convince BK to re-sign for one more year and get rid of certain deadwoods in the team after next year so that we'll have plenty of money to spend for 2008.

groggo

Juniors
bizzare the young bloke im talking about was a rep player i doubt its the same bloke

but ya never know

Ryan

Juniors
Jon Wilkin

Signed for St. Helens from Hull KR at the end of 2002, Jon is one of Britain 's most promising Back Row forwards who, at 22, has begun to match the high expectations he generated as a teenager.

He has progressed swiftly through the international development system, having represented England Academy in 2002, England in 2004 and was named in the Great Britain squad for the 2005 Gillette Tri-Nations.

Jon scored his first hat-trick for Saints in the final match of 2005 against Bradford Bulls.

Ryan

Juniors
Mate - I was a Bears supporter at the time...so probably didn't care to know....hehehehehe...

Now's a different story.

Agree about the pommy stuff.....but remember LAST time Manly got some pommy forwards....we were RUTHLESS !!!

I agree that we most definately need a replacement for BK, but I dont reckon we should pay overs for one. I think we should spend some money on buying more depth with juniors. I think that at the moment we have some young forwards such as Adam Cuthbertson, Matt Ballin, Mailangi Styles and Jason Wells but I think the club would prosper more by creating a solid junior base and hopefully from that base would come the up and coming first graders of tomorrow.

Cletus

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Hmmm.. also heard rumours about John Williams going to Manly as well.

Thoughts guys?

I thought he'd re-signed for The Scum? I think Robbo is in a bit of doubt for next year. Great to see him get a hattrick but 1 try from 17 or so games before that won't go down well with the coaching staff.

I'm hoping BK plays again. But after the injuries he's been carrying lately I can't see it happening. Unless we win the title this year:crazy: .

Nar he hasnt re-signed with the Scum yet. He's been linked to a few clubs such as Newcastle, Tigers, Manly and Penrith. He may also re-sign with Parra so at the moment i think we are long shots to secure his signature for 2007. All we can do is hope. Fingers crossed.

eagles_of_prey

Juniors
I cant say i know alot about him all i know is he has been linked to us if hes that good than we should sign him asap and what hes position ?? im guessing wing.