What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

carcharias

Immortal
Most penalised player in the competition and the worst defender. Right as he is starting to decline .

Sharks have won massively here. Panthers Pay overs to a bloke whose looking for a payday. Tamou and Maloney will be chewing up $1.5m of the cap and being outplayed by kids on aless than a quarter of their salary. Those kids need to be let go because of these overpaid guys who dont give a toss about the club.

Useless coach. Severely weakened roster. All the money tied up in players no one wants. Bottom 4. Here we come.
Maloney is great but man he gives away heaps of penalties.
Especially when he his frustrated.
Great goal kicker - Great attack - woeful defense which is where all his penalties stem from.
Goes high
Holds down
As a Sharks fan I am astonished he wasn’t suspended.
He must have mega carry over points.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Jimmy is a bit different to someone like JT's missed tackle stats
Yep. Crichton is under contract for 2018 to Souths.

The Sydney Morning Herald published this morning reported that the Sharks have already offered Crichton a 3 year deal.
I'm guessing after next season they will be losing both gallen and lewis to retirement so this makes sens

Frailty

First Grade
Maloney gives Panthers immediate improvement in the halves. Will take a lot of pressure off Cleary.

It'd be a good move for the Sharks even if in the short term its a step back. Getting a younger player (not young - younger) to rejuvenate an aging roster.

Whilst its sad to see the Sharks losing premiership players, I'm also happy they aren't trying to hold on for that purpose alone. Need to build towards the next premiership.

Looking more and more likely the Maloney to Penrith, Moylan to the Sharks is going to actually happen. The following is from the NRL's website -

Maloney deal opens up Moylan move
Fri 03 Nov, 2017, 12:15pm
By Michael Chammas‌, Chief Reporter‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@MichaelChammas

The Matt Moylan saga at Penrith is over, with the Panthers understood to have lodged paperwork to the NRL for approval of James Maloney’s three-year deal.

NRL.com has been told the deal was finalised on Thursday but still needs to be rubberstamped by the governing body, including a third party arrangement, bringing to end almost two months of intense speculation over Moylan’s future at the club.

As reported by The Sydney Morning Herald a month ago, the Panthers wanted to engage in a swap deal with Cronulla that would result in Moylan and Maloney trading places in the off-season.

Cronulla are set to land Moylan on a four-year deal worth $3.6 million.

The Panthers had been manoeuvring behind the scenes trying to get Maloney to the foot of the Blue Mountains before striking a deal worth close to $2.4 million over three years.

Maloney, who left Kangaroos camp on the Thursday night – 24 hours before a World Cup meeting with France - to deal with an unrelated private matter, has been open to the idea of getting an improved deal for 2018.

Maloney had one year to run on his deal with the Sharks, however Moylan had another four at Penrith.

Panthers general manager Phil Gould had been trying to keep Moylan at the club, however it became painstakingly clear the skipper wanted out.

Moylan is close friends with Andrew Fifita, Wade Graham and James Segeyaro, making the move to Cronulla more appealing.

Maloney has a carefree approach and is known as a larrikin character, but he has a solid record of success at the Warriors, Roosters and Sharks.

Penrith were desperate for an experienced playmaker to partner Nathan Cleary in the halves as he continues his development, especially after rookie five-eighth Tyrone May suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in the finals and is expected to miss the start of next season.

King hit

Coach
Most penalised player in the competition and the worst defender. Right as he is starting to decline .

Sharks have won massively here. Panthers Pay overs to a bloke whose looking for a payday. Tamou and Maloney will be chewing up $1.5m of the cap and being outplayed by kids on aless than a quarter of their salary. Those kids need to be let go because of these overpaid guys who dont give a toss about the club.

Useless coach. Severely weakened roster. All the money tied up in players no one wants. Bottom 4. Here we come.

Can't help Maloney looking at his premiership rings, origin and test jerseys would be giving a damn about this. Remember the Warriors almost won the premiership when he was there. He is the guy you can build a team around. Everywhere he has gone he has been a success.

Thurston can't defend for shit either

mxlegend99

Referee
Can't help Maloney looking at his premiership rings, origin and test jerseys would be giving a damn about this. Remember the Warriors almost won the premiership when he was there. He is the guy you can build a team around. Everywhere he has gone he has been a success.

Thurston can't defend for shit either
You cant build a team around a player who f**ks after after every contract... if he even lasts the whole contract.

Hes here 3 years at most. By 2019 he will be well and truly done. He's older than Soward was when we signed him and hes coming off a terrible season.

King hit

Coach
You cant build a team around a player who f**ks after after every contract... if he even lasts the whole contract.

Hes here 3 years at most. By 2019 he will be well and truly done. He's older than Soward was when we signed him and hes coming off a terrible season.

But he delivers the premierships

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Cleary & Maloney will make a good pairing in 2018.

I think Moylan will excel next to Wade Graham.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I think Moylan will go ok at the Sharks for awhile but once the old guard of Gallen and Lewis retire he will probably play up.

Spot On

Coach
Geez, what a time to release Jayden Nikorima....... and the news he's tested positive... twice in the past 12 months.

What timing hey!

davi

Juniors
Maloney gives Panthers immediate improvement in the halves. Will take a lot of pressure off Cleary.

I still think Gus Gould will be kicking himself for letting go of Te Maire Martin. I know Penrith have Tyrone May, but I see more potential in Martin. James Maloney fills the position for a couple of years though.