What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

natheel

Coach
I just think if Parra get him then Arthur loses a lot of credibility seeing his was pretty vocal he was building a ‘team first’ culture (which I was really happy to see after everything the Eels have been through).
Depends if we pay lots of coin or stay firm and make him come on our terms. Arthur was the last coach to get a good season out of him in 2014. Plus we have plenty other players the team is being built around that it's more Hayne needs Eels and the club don't need him but he's a nice addition if cheap

natheel

Coach
Bit of a rumour going round an Eels fan forum

Dylan Napa to Eels
Kenny Edwards to Titans
Jarryd Hayne to Eels

Life's Good

Coach
Depends if we pay lots of coin or stay firm and make him come on our terms. Arthur was the last coach to get a good season out of him in 2014. Plus we have plenty other players the team is being built around that it's more Hayne needs Eels and the club don't need him but he's a nice addition if cheap
If it’s on Arthur’s terms then it might be ok. If it turns into a media circus it will set you guys back.

Bit of a rumour going round an Eels fan forum

Dylan Napa to Eels

Can't see that one happening any time soon. Napa is under contract until the end of 2019 and the Roosters don't have anyone poised to take over as a replacement to play front row if they let him walk. I think the fan starting this rumour on the site you read it on might be just wishful thinking somehow.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Can't see that one happening any time soon. Napa is under contract until the end of 2019 and the Roosters don't have anyone poised to take over as a replacement to play front row if they let him walk. I think the fan starting this rumour on the site you read it on might be just wishful thinking somehow.

JWH
tetavano
isaac liu
taukeiaho
vunakece
collins

more than plenty

Blade23

Juniors
According to the Hole

Lebanese cult hero Abbas Miski could be set to join his lookalike Josh Mansour at Penrith next season.
Miski, the bearded wing flyer who scored two tries in the narrow 24-22 loss to Tonga on the weekend, has been one of the players to really catch the eye in the World Cup.
And the North Sydney Bears winger has attracted the attention of several NRL clubs, with Penrith leading the way.
I’m hearing the Panthers are set to offer 22-year-old Miski, who played the past couple of seasons with South Sydney’s NSW Cup feeder club Norths, a 16-week train-and-trial contract.
Miski had verbally agreed to a contract with fellow NSW Cup team Wentworthville, but didn’t sign a formal clontract and is free to join the Panthers.
Miski scored a hat trick in the Phoenician Cup against Malta earlier this season and has been a tower of strength in the feledgling Lebanon team in the World Cup.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/11/19/06/54/nrl-news-the-mole-reveals-penrith-panthers-new-signing

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
always good to see at least one of the minnows get thrown a contract stanley gene is the pinnacle of this

JWH
tetavano
isaac liu
taukeiaho
vunakece
collins

more than plenty

You need 2 starting front rowers, JWH is already one.

With the way Robinson structures his side, the lock plays as a third front rower, which is why Liu is in the starting side already at lock.

Tetevano is the first prop off the bench.

Sio Siua Taukeiaho is used more in the back row than the front at club level.

Eloni Vunakece nor Linday Collins have showed form warranting selection in first grade, which is why they spent the whole year playing for Wyong and never got a look in for first grade.

No offence but I do have some idea about the players at my club thanks :D

M2D2

Bench
You should also know you have to shed players, and if the dog f**ker isnt going, others will.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
You need 2 starting front rowers, JWH is already one.

With the way Robinson structures his side, the lock plays as a third front rower, which is why Liu is in the starting side already at lock.

Tetevano is the first prop off the bench.

Sio Siua Taukeiaho is used more in the back row than the front at club level.

Eloni Vunakece nor Linday Collins have showed form warranting selection in first grade, which is why they spent the whole year playing for Wyong and never got a look in for first grade.

No offence but I do have some idea about the players at my club thanks :D

100% correct. Neither Vunakece or Collins are first grade standard so they are purely depth players in case of injury. The Napa rumour was started by The Lurker. He was the one who tipped JWH to make a comeback in the semi final against the Bronco's in 2015, 8 weeks after tearing his ACL. He also tipped Napa to sign with the Bronco's, a day before he re-signed with the Roosters.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Roosters let him go if they could get an adequate replacement. I have heard a name mentioned and imho he would be a big upgrade on Napa in the metre eating department. Napa has been dissapointing for quite a while and would be a good fit alongside 'Jane' Evans at the Eels.

I have believed for quite a while (well before the World Cup) that SST would transition to a starting front row birth with JWH alongside. Issac Liu to remain at Lock with Nat Butcher coming onto the bench to interchange there. This would leave Tetavano and new signing on the bench.

AJB1102

First Grade
Edwards wants out. Hates the joint. Not the only one and won't be the last to exit Parra before 2018 kicks off.