What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

AJB1102

First Grade
Such unfair assessment of Felise. Yeah he runs great lines but that’s not all he is. He was outstanding against the Sharks without Cronk, practically won us the game. And he’s defence is great, always good for a big hit. He is a way better defender then Crichton. But I know no one here cares about defence

But he plays for Melbourne.. yuk!

Pedge1971

First Grade
Have to admit I stuck Kafusi in my NRL Fantasy team at the start of last year purely because he was cheap. Had no idea about the bloke.

He was the one player I kept all season and he is a fantastic player. Not a knock on him at all but I would still take Crighton.

POPEYE

Coach
But if the storm did end up with Angus it definitely wouldn’t be poaching though
Of course it would, still not convinced the circumstances leading to Patrick Kaufusi coming to Melbourne isn't a poach . . . that would be discouraging

For the record I don't think Bellamy would swap Felise for Crichton and because of that neither would I

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Have to admit I stuck Kafusi in my NRL Fantasy team at the start of last year purely because he was cheap. Had no idea about the bloke.

He was the one player I kept all season and he is a fantastic player. Not a knock on him at all but I would still take Crighton.

on similar lines, i had both all season as well, kaufusi had a dry spell post origin and crichton NEVER not once had a bad game.

crichton wins that criteria as well

Pedge1971

First Grade
on similar lines, i had both all season as well, kaufusi had a dry spell post origin and crichton NEVER not once had a bad game.

crichton wins that criteria as well

He did not shoot the lights out every game by my recollection.

Lets give the kid a break and see what he does this year.

Regardless, Kafusi is class and deserved a Kangaroos jumper.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
He did not shoot the lights out every game by my recollection.

Lets give the kid a break and see what he does this year.

Regardless, Kafusi is class and deserved a Kangaroos jumper.

Oh yes he did..Screenshot_20180126-131925.png
69 vs 60 average.

Look at all those mid 30 scores for Felise, = role player

Screenshot_20180126-131925.png Screenshot_20180126-132147.png

Vic Mackey

Referee
Kafusi should stay at Melbourne another 2-3 years. Play Origin, Tests etc then piss off to a shit club who will pay him way overs where he can coast for another 3-4 years before going to ESL for one last pay day.

Saxon

Bench
Oh yes he did.
69 vs 60 average.
Look at all those mid 30 scores for Felise, = role player

It's called 'fantasy' league for a reason.

It's impossible to really compare the two in 2017;
- one is a very good player in the most dominant team of the year with options left, right and out the back,
- the other is a very good player in a team of nuffies and was one of only a couple of go-to players,
so it would be surprising if Crichton didn't have more opportunity and more time with the ball.

But if you must compare 2017, let's compare the stats that matter...
F. Kaufusi - Minor Premierships 1, Grand Final Tries 1, Grand Final Victories 1, Tests for Australia 2
A. Crichton -

POPEYE

Coach
It's called 'fantasy' league for a reason.

It's impossible to really compare the two in 2017;
- one is a very good player in the most dominant team of the year with options left, right and out the back,
- the other is a very good player in a team of nuffies and was one of only a couple of go-to players,
so it would be surprising if Crichton didn't have more opportunity and more time with the ball.

But if you must compare 2017, let's compare the stats that matter...
F. Kaufusi - Minor Premierships 1, Grand Final Tries 1, Grand Final Victories 1, Tests for Australia 2
A. Crichton -
Don't be too hard on stats, they serve a person just like Sunday mass does . . . where would our RL night of nights be if the DM's had every player given points out of ten instead of selecting the best from a poor crop

POPEYE

Coach
Shoot the lights out every game and you respond with stats for not every game. You just proved my statement.

Kafusi played the year out and got better in the big games. Both good pkayers though..
Maybe that's what Crichton is seeking more than money . . . big games

mozza91

Coach
Matt Scott at his best was the most destructive and game changing prop in the world but wasn’t even in the top 5 props for fantasy. Food for thought
Well obviously Scott can’t play. Fantasy points trumps actually ability every day of the week dude.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Shoot the lights out every game and you respond with stats for not every game. You just proved my statement.

Kafusi played the year out and got better in the big games. Both good pkayers though..

i didn't say he "shot the lights out" every game, only that he didn't have a bad one SC wise.

as for rounds 1-10 there's nothing to hide;

crichton started season off bench, became starter round 4 and never looked back had 1 HIA that impact his numbers;

upload_2018-1-29_11-10-8.png

kaufusi again some dodgy 30 and 40s despite starting all season.

upload_2018-1-29_11-12-7.png

remember YOU brought up SC not me, it's just hilarious seeing the pro felises's now getting their back up because that criteria is so definitive in crichtons favour

Latest posts