What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

simmo05

Bench
Shoosh! Women in League!

For as long as I can remember (ex 04 rort), the bulldogs have been the best run club in the biz, always competitive. They've been f**ked over hard by recent past employees. Des just built his roster on wishes, Castle seemed to have no f**king idea how to manage a salary cap, and Dib just played empire games without any f**k for health of the organisation. Contrast this with the moves Penrith have been making under Gould's management of the cap, always looking 2-3 years ahead, making tough decisions and letting go of deadwood, bringing in young replacements. Will it nett them a premiership? They'll come close. At least they're in with a f**king chance which the Bulldogs won't have for at least the next 5-6 seasons.

Greenburg left them in a good state surely.
Just curious, did anyone apart from that twit woods and the bulldogs management think 1m bucks a season was a wise investment?

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Woods is being shopped, who is the market?

Newcastle, Parra, Canberra?

Be surprised if he left Sydney.

Woods isn’t a bad player, he’s just not a premium prop and not worth $850k or whatever the dogs are playing him. If one of those teams could get him for about half that it wouldn’t be a bad deal.

macavity

Referee
f**king hate the Bulldogs. This decreases the interest Panthers could get in offloading Tamou.

Happily take them both, with Herman at 13.... huge improvement on what we have now.

Having said that, don't expect either to leave Sydney, so Parra it is.

Clifferd

Coach
I wouldn’t be surprised if woods ends up back at the tigers

LOL

Cleary came out and said we have enough space in the cap to fit Mbye and Woods

Spot On

Coach
You can knock a couple hundred K or more from Woods' contract. It would seem he is no longer rep player.

Mbye - well 900K is it?
Just lol.

Clifferd

Coach
You can knock a couple hundred K or more from Woods' contract. It would seem he is no longer rep player.

Mbye - well 900K is it?
Just lol.

Apparently Mbye is 750k - dogs would have to pay 300k

No clue about woods but jeez they’re a mess

carcharias

Immortal
Wasn’t it Reyleen castle that got them in this mess?
I recall hearing her on the radio trying to explain how the were going to fit Fifita under the cap when he nearly went there.
She was talking out her arse and the dude interviewing her was telling he thought as much.
Might of been BSB

Das Gupta

Juniors
Wasn’t it Reyleen castle that got them in this mess?
I recall hearing her on the radio trying to explain how the were going to fit Fifita under the cap when he nearly went there.
She was talking out her arse and the dude interviewing her was telling he thought as much.
Might of been BSB

Des, Castle, Dibb are all culpable in the Bulldogs salary cap mess. Same with the Bulldogs previous board that signed off on the heavily back ended deals and ratchet clauses. How brain dead do you have to be to sign a player up to a ratchet clause? or sign up M'bye to a contract worth 900k a season?
As far as I am concerned they all to blame in this mess.
They all arrogantly thought the salary cap would be $10 million come 2018. They got warnings like every other club early in the year it wouldn't be anything near it, yet they still chased and overpaid for Foran and Woods. I think they boasted last year they could fit Tedesco under their cap too.

Des has form from Manly with back ended deals. If you believe Alan Jones he alleges Castle was the architect of the whole fiasco. You could say she was very naive or incompetent in signing off on those deals.
No surprises when she left the Bulldogs no other NRL club wanted her. Only the stupid ARU.

Latest posts