What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not sure about the other teams, but the Tigers will need at least two more quality players if they are going to improve on this year. Our two Chook recruits will help but we need more

Whilst I agree IMO the coach will be the biggest factor in our 2019. We haven’t lost anybody who was a key player for us this year and bought 2 guys who look good in our 2 problem areas (right edge and left center). Mbye, Farah and Reynolds are also like new recruits.

From the 4 mentioned clubs I’ll be pretty shocked, injury permitting, if the Knights dont make the 8 next year.

GongPanther

Referee
What makes you think the eels can improve that much?
They won't improve,but like I said earlier:
"Parra will get WSW-itis. They have a new stand to fill. It won't help the NSW government if Parra are not doing well. So I expect Parra to get massive leg-ups next year to keep them more than competitive to fill that stadium.Same does go for that other code called Fights n' Flares."

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
They won't improve,but like I said earlier:
"Parra will get WSW-itis. They have a new stand to fill. It won't help the NSW government if Parra are not doing well. So I expect Parra to get massive leg-ups next year to keep them more than competitive to fill that stadium.Same does go for that other code called Fights n' Flares."

You think that rugby league is that political and puppetered that the NRL will get Parra into the finals because they have a new stadium? That is some serious leg-up action to get them from the spoon to the 8,

I know the Storm, Roosters, Broncos et al have all been accused of getting assistance from refs, judiciaries etc but they have the bonus of actually being decent teams.

macavity

Referee
Whilst I agree IMO the coach will be the biggest factor in our 2019. We haven’t lost anybody who was a key player for us this year and bought 2 guys who look good in our 2 problem areas (right edge and left center). Mbye, Farah and Reynolds are also like new recruits.

From the 4 mentioned clubs I’ll be pretty shocked, injury permitting, if the Knights dont make the 8 next year.

Knights are still two props off, Tim Glasby's 18m a game isn't making the difference we need.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Tapau has wanted out of Manly for quite a while. This relates allegedly to unpaid promised third party payments. There was up to 7 players in the same boat.

Tapau’s manager approached the Roosters early this season but they went cold when he asked for ridiculous money. I am hearing he is still asking more than the Roosters are prepared to pay.

Napa wanted a release before the season started to go to Newcastle but changed his mind shortly afterwards. Not sure his current status.

mave

Coach
Cronk
Teddy
Hall
Crichton
Morris

Now possibly Taupau ?

And only lost Fergo and possibly Napa ?

Lmao. Even Uncle Nick must realise the Roosters are taking the piss here.

Someguy

First Grade
Cronk
Teddy
Hall
Crichton
Morris

Now possibly Taupau ?

After next season and another premiership the cap will bite as everyone will expect more cash. Storm lost tohu And McLean and losing Cronk eased pressure to let others leave. So hard to go back to back in the salary cap era, though you would think roosters will be odds on to do it.

Cronk
Teddy
Hall
Crichton
Morris

Now possibly Taupau ?

Sorry we won't mention Mitchell Pearce, nor Ryan Matterson leaving now will we? Also the rumour says the Roosters will have to offload Napa to fit in Tapau. As such engage your brain sunshine.

mave

Coach
Sorry we won't mention Mitchell Pearce, nor Ryan Matterson leaving now will we? Also the rumour says the Roosters will have to offload Napa to fit in Tapau. As such engage your brain sunshine.

Cronk a $ cost upgrade on Pearce
Ditto Hall v Fergo
Ditto Crighton v Matterson

Teddy, Morris replaced/replacing who again ?

And I did mention Napa originally, and again Taupau is a $ upgrade on Napa.

On top of inevitably upgrading Manu, Radley, Mitchell, etc.

Nothing to see here.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Cronk a $ cost upgrade on Pearce
Ditto Hall v Fergo
Ditto Crighton v Matterson

Teddy, Morris replaced/replacing who again ?

And I did mention Napa originally, and again Taupau is a $ upgrade on Napa.

On top of inevitably upgrading Manu, Radley, Mitchell, etc.

Nothing to see here.

Lol. I think u call that an engaged brain Apollo....

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Fans of the club being accused of salary cap blowouts be like 'hey shut up, we've let go of Tim Browne, Kris Keating and Tony Williams...that's how we've bought Andrew Johns, Dally Messenger and Arthur Beetson.'
We let Shaun fensom go, we’ll take marty

Latest posts