What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Knight Vision

First Grade
Given the resources at his disposal, his latest stint at the Broncos has been, to be perfectly honest, a failure. This comes on the back of the absolute f**king disaster he threw down at the Knights. No doubt in my mind Ivan Cleary is a better coach for 2019 than Bennett.
The myth that is Bennett didnt have offield resources at the Knights that he enjoyed at the Broncos and most certainly was missing the 3rd party deals at the Knights that he enjoyed over a very long period at the Broncos and then at his stint at the Dragons.

Does anyone really think that no other coach could of won as many premierships with the roster at the Broncos he had at his disposal? It can be argued he should of won at least a couple more.

The state he left the Knights in pretty much sums up the piece of filth that is Bennett. Tired, angry, spiteful old man who thinks he's the f**king massiah.

Tiger5150

Bench
The myth that is Bennett didnt have offield resources at the Knights that he enjoyed at the Broncos and most certainly was missing the 3rd party deals at the Knights that he enjoyed over a very long period at the Broncos and then at his stint at the Dragons.

Does anyone really think that no other coach could of won as many premierships with the roster at the Broncos he had at his disposal? It can be argued he should of won at least a couple more.

The state he left the Knights in pretty much sums up the piece of filth that is Bennett. Tired, angry, spiteful old man who thinks he's the f**king massiah.

You dont think Tinkler had a hand in the disaster at the Knights at that time? Bennett got you guys to within a game of a GF, been a while before and after that happened.

Charlie124

First Grade
I love Kano, he'll never score a runaway try but saves plenty with his defence and he puts in 100% for you every game. Hope he finds a home somewhere here or overseas.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You dont think Tinkler had a hand in the disaster at the Knights at that time? Bennett got you guys to within a game of a GF, been a while before and after that happened.
got us to a whisker of the grand final yes, the cost ? I think we all saw the 3 wooden spoons in a row. Tinkler didint manage the cap- that was Bennett's disaster and his alone , Uate was on 500K a year as winger 6 years ago.

Bennet was all about short term gain for long term pain, a pain to come after he'd already left the club. He knew exactly what he'd be leaving behind. No doubt left the Broncos at a time he knew the well had dried up and same with the Dragons.

Great coach with a stacked deck.

Fire

First Grade
got us to a whisker of the grand final yes, the cost ? I think we all saw the 3 wooden spoons in a row. Tinkler didint manage the cap- that was Bennett's disaster and his alone , Uate was on 500K a year as winger 6 years ago.

Bennet was all about short term gain for long term pain, a pain to come after he'd already left the club. He knew exactly what he'd be leaving behind. No doubt left the Broncos at a time he knew the well had dried up and same with the Dragons.

Great coach with a stacked deck.
Bennett is employed to win Premierships.

It is up to the committee members/boards of the Dragons and Knights to plan for when Bennett leaves the club (I even think the Knights had the benefit - albeit in the middle of the Tinkler mess - of seeing the consequences of poor planning after Bennett leaves by observing the Dragon's plight).

I also think it's telling that Politis is a businessman first and foremost, whereas Doust and Gidley are administrators.

Give me one failed businessman to run an organisation (and the people he would bring to that organisation) over 1,000 'successful' administrators any day of the week.

MrBlack

Juniors
Bennett is employed to win Premierships.

It is up to the committee members/boards of the Dragons and Knights to plan for when Bennett leaves the club (I even think the Knights had the benefit - albeit in the middle of the Tinkler mess - of seeing the consequences of poor planning after Bennett leaves by observing the Dragon's plight).

I also think it's telling that Politis is a businessman first and foremost, whereas Doust and Gidley are administrators.

Give me one failed businessman to run an organisation (and the people he would bring to that organisation) over 1,000 'successful' administrators any day of the week.

I love it when it's the "coachs" fault the club is a mess. When does the administration take responsibility. It's like the boss blaming his employees when the company goes belly up....

The past issues of the Bulldogs/Knights/Eels etc, at the end of the day, have to fall on the administration as they are the ones empowering the coach.

The Rosco

Bench
Let the bidding war commence.

Linnett is a very under rated player.

He's won a premiership and played international football.

I am very interested to see who signs this proven veteran.
Albert, we are OK with your bizarre need for alt accounts . . . . but at least make them seem different from your main account.
Thanks, Albert. Ooops . . . "Stevo" ;)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I love it when it's the "coachs" fault the club is a mess. When does the administration take responsibility. It's like the boss blaming his employees when the company goes belly up....

The past issues of the Bulldogs/Knights/Eels etc, at the end of the day, have to fall on the administration as they are the ones empowering the coach.

It's easy mode for Knights supporters just to lay it all on Bennett, because he is no longer there so they aren't required to show any sort of loyalty like they do, say, a certain bankrupt magnate.

Albert, we are OK with your bizarre need for alt accounts . . . . but at least make them seem different from your main account.
Thanks, Albert. Ooops . . . "Stevo" ;)

You may call me Stephen thank you.

I'm not sure about the Adam / Albert situation, but this is my only account on this forum.

Those noobs think that A.Johns and B.Fittler were better players than A.Langer. :)

Spot On

Coach
It's easy mode for Knights supporters just to lay it all on Bennett, because he is no longer there so they aren't required to show any sort of loyalty like they do, say, a certain bankrupt magnate.

Bennett has always run the show. Complete control over the playing group. It was that way at the Broncs, St George and Newcastle.

Only now have Brisbane pulled stumps on him and St George have taken recruiting out of their coach's hands.

It would seem Darren Mooney was in charge of Newcastle's recruitment the past few seasons.

Clubs have learnt from the mess Bennett leaves.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
I'm really interested to see how Cleary goes in his second stint at Penrith. There's no doubting his ability to make chicken shit into chicken salad, but there's certainly doubts over his ability to coach a team to premiership glory.

Either way, I can't see why Panthers or Tigers fans would complain if that's how things unfolded. Both Cleary and Bennett would be a major upgrade on some of the coaches they've had to endure this decade and both would bring worthwhile changes. I just can't imagine Bennett at Concord, I have a much easier time seeing him back at Wollongong or even Redfern if the Broncos get their man.

Of course Brisbane could be the biggest losers out of the trade given Bennett supposedly leaves every club worse off. We'll certainly see about that in 2020, but I'm not sure if I buy that claim as much as his replacements have big shoes to fill and rarely measure up.

Spot On

Coach
Bennett has basically been sacked this time Pete. No new contract. Pushed out.

Paul White has pulled the trigger at the right time. Legend.

A lot different from the past depatures Bennett has made. This stint at the Broncs has been a poor one. The shoes won't be too hard to fill with the roster locked up and the best crop of forwards in RL history ready to be unleashed on their lowly opposition for years to come though.

Only problem going forward will be how much to cut Milfords contract by when the time comes.

Last edited:

Roosters rule

Juniors
I think Neil Henry is more likely to go to the Tigers than Wayne Bennett.
Maybe Bennett eyes up the Titans post in 2020 should Brennan falter.