What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Das Gupta

Juniors
Been told Holmes is pretty much a done deal to Eels in 2020
hysterical-laughter-14.gif

Big Pete

Referee
The NRL also prevented Brisbane from signing Dell on 200K in '98.

However, the NRL isn't an auction place. Clubs don't have to compete with the highest bids.

Regardless, it'll be a good signing for the Broncos. On his day, Oates is one of the best wingers in the game and a real strike weapon on that edge. His biggest issue is that there's games where he can go missing, he needs to take a page out of Fergo's book and look for the ball more often.

Big Pete

Referee
Hard to believe given Darren Lockyer was on the books of the Bronco's for $250K a year.

That wasn't what Lockyer was making at his peak, that was his final two years of the club with multiple dispensations like marquee player allowances and long serving player allowance.

I may have got my years muddled up with Sailor, but I know there's been instances where the club has tried to sign a player and the NRL has made the club top their offer.

Spot On

Coach
Corey Oates set to sacrifice up to 200k per year to remain at Brisbane. Fancy that!

The most stunning retention drive in NRL history resumes.

Now for TPJ and Lodge to shun 800k and 600k per year deals respectively to stay at Brisbane for half those figures.

Always a good sign that a player has an exceptional manger when he is encourgaged to forget about maximising any money he can earn in a career that only lasts a short time or could end at any moment ala Yow Yey.

Either that, or there's something dodgy going on?

Surely not!!!

TPJ couldn't expect to earn Payne Haas coin yet could he???

Lol.

I mean, we're only talking losing 200K a year or so over multiple years so no biggie for blokes who most probably won't earn much in retirement - and they are a very, very, very long time retired.

How many million dollar players can Wayne have in the squad ....... and still fail to deliver a comp?

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Always a good sign that a player has an exceptional manger when he is encourgaged to forget about maximising any money he can earn in a career that only lasts a short time or could end at any moment ala Yow Yey.

Either that, or there's something dodgy going on?

Surely not!!!

TPJ couldn't expect to earn Payne Haas coin yet could he???

Lol.

I mean, we're only talking losing 200K a year or so over multiple years so no biggie for blokes who most probably won't earn much in retirement - and they are a very, very, very long time retired.

How many million dollar players can Wayne have in the squad ....... and still fail to deliver a comp?
So much adversity

I'm probably the only one but I hope that both Lodge and Pangai stay with Brisbane.

Nobody wanted either of them, it's both rare and commendable when a young player stays with the club that developed them.

And don't think that Pangai hasn't talked to Moga / Eseese. Sure they're enjoying the money, but the clubs are in a different universe when it comes to facilities and professionalism. Don't even mention rep jumpers and away from football income.

Matt Lodge in Newcastle? Get real, the Knights have a horrible record off the field, (some of) their players sell speed, take ecstasy pills and inject steroids. Sure, that'll end up well.

mozza91

Coach
I'm probably the only one but I hope that both Lodge and Pangai stay with Brisbane.

Nobody wanted either of them, it's both rare and commendable when a young player stays with the club that developed them.

And don't think that Pangai hasn't talked to Moga / Eseese. Sure they're enjoying the money, but the clubs are in a different universe when it comes to facilities and professionalism. Don't even mention rep jumpers and away from football income.

Matt Lodge in Newcastle? Get real, the Knights have a horrible record off the field, (some of) their players sell speed, take ecstasy pills and inject steroids. Sure, that'll end up well.
EAD merkin.

So your point is why go to Newy when he's already got all this in Brisvegas?

I don't know what drugs Lodge is / isn't exposed to at Brisbane.

But I do know that Newcastle has a horrible track record with drugs.

Drug trafficking, players using 'party' drugs throughout their career, multiple cases of PEDs.

You'd hope that the people advising Lodge throughout his rehabilitation would look out for his best interests and steer him away from a place with such a poor track record.

EAD merkin.

Are you upset right now or do you just like to randomly insult people?

The Rosco

Bench

" nobody wanted either of them". Considering that quote is about Matt Lodge . . . .spoken as only a roosters fan can.

Bronco18

Juniors
Corey Oates set to sacrifice up to 200k per year to remain at Brisbane. Fancy that!

The most stunning retention drive in NRL history resumes.

Now for TPJ and Lodge to shun 800k and 600k per year deals respectively to stay at Brisbane for half those figures.

Is this a Roosters fan complaining about the cap not working properly?

I can’t hear you over Cronk, Chrighton and Tedesco...

Latest posts