What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Knight Vision

First Grade
How many million dollar players can Wayne have in the squad ....... and still fail to deliver a comp?
Thats why its Hasta La Vista baby. Bennett should have a couple more Premierships given the cattle hes had over the years. Wonder if he was having a chat to Gee in the coaches box about brown paper bags.

Dont worry theyll have mainly 7 day turn arounds next year and guaranteed a Sutton referee to ensure they slip into the 8 or better. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/41481c622cdd6d51e05cdb7b99445f6e

I don't know what drugs Lodge is / isn't exposed to at Brisbane.

But I do know that Newcastle has a horrible track record with drugs.

Drug trafficking, players using 'party' drugs throughout their career, multiple cases of PEDs.

You'd hope that the people advising Lodge throughout his rehabilitation would look out for his best interests and steer him away from a place with such a poor track record.

Are you upset right now or do you just like to randomly insult people?
Ok Albert “Adam” Kunglfeld

" nobody wanted either of them". Considering that quote is about Matt Lodge . . . .spoken as only a roosters fan can.
Lodge = Unwanted by any NRL club. Signs with Broncos feeder team Redcliffe.
TPJ = Unwanted by Canberra. Told he wasn't good enough to play NRL. Signs with Broncos for minimum wage.

You were saying?

Ok Albert “Adam” Kunglfeld

200w.webp

DeeJ

Bench
Regardless, it'll be a good signing for the Broncos. On his day, Oates is one of the best wingers in the game and a real strike weapon on that edge. His biggest issue is that there's games where he can go missing, he needs to take a page out of Fergo's book and look for the ball more often.

I think it's a bit of a fitness issue for him. You can see when he starts to tire out when he's done alot of kick returns and Origin 1 last year was a prime example. Still made solid runs but wasn't going 100%.

That's why I don't think he should go into the backrow. He's a game winner on the wing and still does alot of work.

mxlegend99

Referee
Can't imagine why Matt Lodge was unwanted by any other club
But thats unfortunately not true. There was interest from atleast one club:
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...castle-offer-wayne/1wep5ya59uhq81w1ib29prb18i

‘’Now I don’t know what’s happening with the Broncos salary cap and they go and sign him for $100,000,'' Rothfield told Fox Sports' NRL 360.

‘’I’m told he knocked back $400, $500 and $500 (thousand over three years).

‘’You haven’t worked for two years, so he’s taken as you’ve said $85,000, and I’m telling you Newcastle offered him $1.5 (million).

Now its only Rothfield and his figures don't add up to $1.5m as he said. But he had other offers. And like anyone would he chose the bare minimum contract over the one that would make him a millionaire.

Tommy Smith

Referee
How bout dat Broncos culture? Senior players wanted to sacrifice 10k each to help retain Oates.

But that's not allowed so he's set to re-sign for 200k less anyway.

What an amazing culture being fostered up there.

Andrew Gee and the Thoroughbreds don't even need to open their vaults anymore.

mozza91

Coach
How bout dat Broncos culture? Senior players wanted to sacrifice 10k each to help retain Oates.

But that's not allowed so he's set to re-sign for 200k less anyway.

What an amazing culture being fostered up there.

Andrew Gee and the Thoroughbreds don't even need to open their vaults anymore.
It’s remarkable considering the continued adversity the club faces. So much bravery.

The Rosco

Bench
Lodge = Unwanted by any NRL club. Signs with Broncos feeder team Redcliffe.
TPJ = Unwanted by Canberra. Told he wasn't good enough to play NRL. Signs with Broncos for minimum wage.

You were saying?

200w.webp
You missed the point, naturally.
Although the 12 yr old's "another one" is rather cute. Wrong, but cute.
Easts have signed players "not wanted" by NRL clubs because they got involved with drugs, self urination cocktails, roof breezers, etc. Banished, disgraced, not wanted . . . same same.
Remind me again why a player of Lodge's talent was "unsigned" ?
There's the dots. Feel free to connect them.
And lastly, is there really a need for an alt account ? You are 12 after all, aren't you ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been told Holmes is pretty much a done deal to Eels in 2020
The funniest part about this is knowing you woke up from that dream with some morning glory, but once reality sunk in, you were too depressed to do anything about it.