Rumoured Signings

Discussion in 'NRL' started by I Bleed Maroon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

Somehow I have huge doubt that this is actually true, but if it is, the lunatics are running the asylum at the Dogs. Locking up a Centre that has shown himself to have an ordinary temperament at best on that much money for that long is just beyond the pale ridiculous. It is another Jarryd Hayne waiting to happen with a lot less upside.

2. Sonny83

Sonny83 Juniors

Kamikaze style

3. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

ROFL. People said that when RTS took the big money offer from the NZ Warriors. Remind me again, how many finals games has he played since he's been there? :D

4. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker First Grade

We don't
    2021 is when we're back to normal

That's more likely

Hopefully Pay would be gone by then, or Latrell will be playing NSW Cup

5. Xcalibre

Xcalibre Juniors

Says the bloke who hails Latrell as the second coming of Jesus.

NQ gave $10m over 10 yrs for JT and most people reckon it was unders, the way he’s played since. That still remains to be seen, but it’s not crazy if the player is as good as you make out.

The reality is, he isn’t that good. Plays amazing 1 out of 4 games and has questionable mental strength.

The 5 yr deal reported sounds great IF he’s as good as you think. Sure the Bulldogs can’t get away with paying under the table these days, like the crooks (auto-correct that is apt) so where your club can have Latrell on the books for $500k, others have to pay full market value.

6. Belmore Dude

Belmore Dude Juniors

I hope his is well Latrell

7. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 First Grade

A few weeks ago many roosters on here bristled at the fact others said a centre shd not be on huge coin. Now another club is looking to rooster the roosters it is a bit different.

Still got money left over from Freddies contract and a couple of shit rounds from uncle Nick. Up the ante chookies!

Iafeta likes this.
  8. Belmore Dude

Belmore Dude Juniors

No they didn’t

9. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

True. But his "likeability" increased 10 fold.

Iafeta and axl rose like this.
  10. betcats

betcats Coach

They were always going to have a lot freed up next season

11. GongPanther

GongPanther Coach

Tiger Thompson set to switch to arch rivals Penrith
    Adrian Proszenko
    3 minutes
    Tiger Thompson set to switch to arch rivals Penrith

Wests Tigers fullback Corey Thompson is poised to make a shock switch to Penrith in a move that will further escalate tensions between the clubs.

The Herald can reveal Thompson is set to take up a two-year deal with the Panthers after rejecting the offer made by the joint-venture outfit. The diminutive fullback-winger is one of the most underrated players in the game, but has quickly become a favourite with Tigers fans for his whole-hearted performances.

In a testament to how highly he is rated, coach Michael Maguire named him at fullback for the win against North Queensland despite initially buying captain Moses Mbye to fill the position.

Corey Thompson is set to switch from Wests Tigers to Penrith.Credit:Steven Siewert

It was widely expected Thompson would re-sign with the Tigers, but the former Bulldog is set to take up a late offer from the western rivals. Panthers coach Ivan Cleary is a big fan of the 29-year-old from their time working together at Concord. Cleary convinced Thompson to join him at the foot of the mountains after a series of secret talks.

There is no love lost between the clubs after Cleary left the Tigers for Penrith despite still having two years to run on his contract. Thompson’s deal represents the first time since then that the teams have engaged in a battle for the signature of an incumbent player.

In a recent interview with the Herald, Thompson said he was looking for the security of a two-year deal after signing a series of one-season contracts.

“The first two-year deal I had was at the very start at the Bulldogs,” he said.

“I’m really working hard for a two-year deal. I think it’s a bit hard on the mind, just playing one-year deals, when you are always off contract.

“Last year I was lucky, I re-signed in April so it was pretty much a two-year deal. I just want to work hard and show I’m an asset to the team.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...h-to-arch-rivals-penrith-20190619-p51z3b.html

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  12. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Madge didn't purchase M'Bye, he arrived last season with Ivan in charge still.

Thompson, To'o and Mansour... That's a gritty back 3

13. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

I want Thompson to stay, he is the most whole hearted player at the club, but he is not a player I'd get in a bidding war for. His physical limitations restrict him, but there is no doubting his ticker. He looks good at the moment standing out in a bog backline.

super_coach, Someguy and Vic Mackey like this.
  14. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Coach

Waqa Blake to Parra?

It is seemingly a Penrith tradition to talk a player up as the next big thing only to see them moved on silently in the night about 18 months later.

Weird things happen way out West.

15. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

And then claim they were never that good and (insert next young over rated chump) is better anyways

16. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

Mate it can't be easy always looking 5 years ahead. Every now and then the reality of today jumps up and nips you in the bum.

17. beave

beave Coach

Rumours abound that Drinkwater is in Townsville tonight.

18. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

Cool. Late breaking news, I’m in Sydney tonight.

Vee likes this.
  19. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

20. insert.pause

insert.pause First Grade