What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

SBD82

Coach
To be fair, BJ is largely responsible for our low collective brain power.

BJ's on a fair bit here and Simonssen is looking like a good prospect so it makes sense to shed him. Especially since we've essentially made the Top 4 without him.
There’s always a risk letting an established player go and assuming that other players will continue their good form or stay injury free.

But I think on balance this is a smart risk. BJ is the sort of player who can win you games with an arsey play when you’re desperate. But Canberra have discovered consistency, and if they keep that up they don’t really need to pull the arsey wins.

You also still have the game breakers for when you need it in big games.

mongoose

Coach
If it's true, I think I'm ok with it. We had to get five blokes into four spots, BJ is on massive coin and a backline of Simmonson - Cotric - Croker - Rapana still packs a lot of punch. We've also still got Oldfield on low coin as a decent backup.

I'm not sure i'm sold on Simmonson, He's solid but knowing Raiders fans I reckon he will become another scapegoat down the track...

shear_joy9

Coach
rumour I've heard is if Rapana, BJ and Sezer leave Canberra will look to go shopping for a marquee outside back. If Radradra is serious about returning to the nrl they will have a chat to him.

Mr Spock!

Referee
And failed to make the 8 the other 4 years he was there.

Just my personal opinion but I consider the wing a low priority position and cap money is better spent elsewhere.
Yeah like Alex Johnston and the Jennings bro at Souths just had to jog over the line on the end of GI and scored like 100 tries untouched. Skillset required - catch and run 15m.

typicalfan

Coach
Yep good wingers are a dime a dozen compared to other positions and it is easy to fill the positions. Sivo proves you don't need to buy a marquee winger.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
We should be chasing a good prop. Sia has one season left at most, Horse looks the goods but is still developing and Lui is a plodder. Papa cant do it all himself.

BadnMean

Juniors
If it's true, I think I'm ok with it. We had to get five blokes into four spots, BJ is on massive coin and a backline of Simmonson - Cotric - Croker - Rapana still packs a lot of punch. We've also still got Oldfield on low coin as a decent backup.

Rapana is 30 & busted. Letting BJ go to keep him is a terrible move.

BJ is the only top 3 in position player in that lot. You keep your best card & trade the rest.

Cotric hasn't taken to centre, maybe more upside coming. Simo is a good FG winger, maybe more upside coming. No more. Rapana is on the downhill but still wants to paid as best winger in the game- but he can't run anymore- he goes. Croker is solid, captain, he's staying regardless.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rapana is 30 & busted. Letting BJ go to keep him is a terrible move.

BJ is the only top 3 in position player in that lot. You keep your best card & trade the rest.

Cotric hasn't taken to centre, maybe more upside coming. Simo is a good FG winger, maybe more upside coming. No more. Rapana is on the downhill but still wants to paid as best winger in the game- but he can't run anymore- he goes. Croker is solid, captain, he's staying regardless.

You lost me at BJ being a top 3 player. Good player, but come on...

You don't think he's top 3 in his position (which was the full sentence) when he has won 2 of the last 3 Dally M centre of the years?

Dally M positional awards? You have to be kidding mate. Some of the awards have zero credibility. For example 2013, the Dally M second rower of the year was Boyd Cordner. Now Boyd is a decent player, but that year comparing his form to that of SBW and saying Cordner was better? All Roosters fans laughed when it was announced, even Boyd was embarrassed by it as even he knew he was light years behind SWB who should have gotten the award ahead of him.

Latest posts