What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Tiger Shark

Bench
* Aidan Guerra to leave the Knights in the next couple of weeks

* Blake Austin who is currently playing in the English Super League to make a return to the NRL via the Brisbane Broncos

* Ben Hunt is believed to be suffering from homesickness and wanting out of the Dragons

* Cronulla forward Teig Wilton to join the Rabbitohs next season

I'd hate to lose Wilton, he's got a big future ahead of him and I know Morris knows this. Hopefully can keep him but with Nikora and Graham our edge forwards for a while it might be hard to keep him.

BLN2

Juniors
The Cowboys seemingly putting all their eggs in the Holmes basket seems incredibly risky. A player who only might come back, who has changed training/size etc for another game, and yes he had a fantastic final half of 2018, but I don't even think he's worth top dollar.

He'd take Scott and Boltons salaries in one go. Maybe they'l move Hess to prop? He isn't a centre..

davi

Juniors
Ash Taylor wanted from the Broncos but their offer to the Titans is laughable. Mal Meninga says in the article he would be open to trading Taylor but his preference would be for him to stay.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the Broncos are prepared to issue a lifeline for Taylor to return to Red Hill next season.

But Brisbane would not offer the former Broncos under-20s young gun more than a basic $150,000 contract, beefed-up by a major subsidy from the Titans on his existing $1 million-a-season deal.

That scenario is implausible for the Titans, who see no point jettisoning Taylor if they have to write off more than $700,000 on their salary cap in 2020 as part of an early transfer.

But the possibility of a straight swap is a consideration for Meninga, who says he will entertain other playmaking options under a trade deal if Taylor feels he needs a fresh start to kickstart his teetering NRL career.

“At the end of the day, the ball is in Ash’s court,” Meninga said.

“Personally, I would love to see Ash succeed at the Titans and we’re doing everything possible to get him back to where he needs to be.

“But if it’s not working for Ash or for us then I would consider something like a straight swap if another club was interested and it worked out well for all parties.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...l/news-story/58507dce3ed5011f3a5f48178c4ffb9e

Mr Spock!

Referee
The Cowboys seemingly putting all their eggs in the Holmes basket seems incredibly risky. A player who only might come back, who has changed training/size etc for another game, and yes he had a fantastic final half of 2018, but I don't even think he's worth top dollar.

He'd take Scott and Boltons salaries in one go. Maybe they'l move Hess to prop? He isn't a centre..
The good teams don't spend big money on wingers.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Looks like we are getting marsters. Be good having a centre that can do something besides get tackled for no gain when we are attacking in the opposition 20m zone.

Sure the feeling will disappear when he slices the pretty simple conversion after his try that would have put us in front

Latest posts