What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

MugaB

Coach
Yeah and he backstabbed us. There's a bit of a difference

Not really he was staying to see out his contract for a further 2 years, then move on, but you fans couldn't have that, plus all butt hurt from nathan not coming as "predicted by most news outlets" when he wasn't going anywhere, i feel it was a slap in the face for all the good things he done for the tigers when he first came, even i admired the Wests Tigers, but now after how he was thown under the bus, plus this matterson saga, then almost Lawrence not getting resigned (a Stalwart at the club, thru all the rough times), not to mention the past coaches and players pissed on by the admin and fans in the past 5 years, not sure i can see it the same way as a fan of that club.
They're always blaming everyone else,
What's wrong with Packer and Matalino, they were killing it at the start of last year, defeating the strongest sides single handedly, Josh Reynolds has so much impact off the bench and so much heart, any club would be lucky to have his passion output. Benjis back and on fire, Robbie was back and dominated, and luke brooks was 1/2back of the year, MBye is captain a great leader for the future
Yet coz Ivan wanted to coach his son, which doesn't happen often in 1st grade, an opportunity he was wanting to take 2 years from then, tigers fans became ropable in mere seconds

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Thrown under the bus lol

He dug his own hole when he met with Penrith officials the week before a must win game that would have had us playing finals footy. You can't actually think for one second think we were in the wrong

Btw the signing Nathan Cleary stuff was a pipe dream. I always knew it was never going to happen

Anyways we got a pretty favourable outcome from that saga signing Madge, hopefully the same with Matterson. It's unlikely we've released him without getting someone significant

MugaB

Coach
Thrown under the bus lol

He dug his own hole when he met with Penrith officials the week before a must win game that would have had us playing finals footy. You can't actually think for one second think we were in the wrong

Btw the signing Nathan Cleary stuff was a pipe dream. I always knew it was never going to happen

Anyways we got a pretty favourable outcome from that saga signing Madge, hopefully the same with Matterson. It's unlikely we've released him without getting someone significant
Yeah about that, Um
not sure if we are giving you anything actually, maybe a "we'll have him if you don't want him"
Screenshot_20191101-083850_Samsung Internet.jpgand yeah, im sure all the "basketcase" tags over the years was wrong, I'm starting to see it your way

MugaB

Coach
Penriff signed Jaw Senior and Jaw Junior on a multi million dollar contract to go from a top 4 team to a bottom 8 rabble. Let that sink in
Tigers have finished 9th pretty much every year for a while now, whats this years excuse, robbie broke a leg? Matterson didn't try enough?, madges 1st year? the squad put together by Ivan wasn't good enough, face it mag/ers, you're constantly finding excuses, and when madge can't get you all what you want, he'll join the long list of sacked and hated people that endured that mashed up club of yours, by the way when will the tigers finally wear the Gold of balmain? Instead of being in the "wests" groups shadow
Ps. you guys wanted both junior and senior Jaws, you probably could have had them in 2021

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not really he was staying to see out his contract for a further 2 years, then move on, but you fans couldn't have that, plus all butt hurt from nathan not coming as "predicted by most news outlets" when he wasn't going anywhere, i feel it was a slap in the face for all the good things he done for the tigers when he first came, even i admired the Wests Tigers, but now after how he was thown under the bus, plus this matterson saga, then almost Lawrence not getting resigned (a Stalwart at the club, thru all the rough times), not to mention the past coaches and players pissed on by the admin and fans in the past 5 years, not sure i can see it the same way as a fan of that club.
They're always blaming everyone else,
What's wrong with Packer and Matalino, they were killing it at the start of last year, defeating the strongest sides single handedly, Josh Reynolds has so much impact off the bench and so much heart, any club would be lucky to have his passion output. Benjis back and on fire, Robbie was back and dominated, and luke brooks was 1/2back of the year, MBye is captain a great leader for the future
Yet coz Ivan wanted to coach his son, which doesn't happen often in 1st grade, an opportunity he was wanting to take 2 years from then, tigers fans became ropable in mere seconds

I find it hilarious how every person in rugby league knows Ivan did the dirty, except Panther fans. I also love how they seem to talk about our club more then their own

Re the players, if Packer and Reynolds are so amazing, why has nobody else picked them up? Surely Ivan could find a use for them at the foot of the mountains

The unknown

Juniors
I’m glad there’s finally some debate between Tigers and Panthers fans about Ivan’s departure to the Panthers.

In my opinion this topic has not been covered enough.

It's the Penriff fans that have an axe to grind more than us for some reason lol

Tiger5150

Bench
Tigers have finished 9th pretty much every year for a while now, whats this years excuse, robbie broke a leg? Matterson didn't try enough?, madges 1st year? the squad put together by Ivan wasn't good enough, face it mag/ers, you're constantly finding excuses, and when madge can't get you all what you want, he'll join the long list of sacked and hated people that endured that mashed up club of yours, by the way when will the tigers finally wear the Gold of balmain? Instead of being in the "wests" groups shadow
Ps. you guys wanted both junior and senior Jaws, you probably could have had them in 2021

Tigers finished 9th last year like every other year for one reason. We have a bottom 4 roster. For years we have been trying to turn it around but weighed down with visionaries the quality of Taylor & Cleary.

Penrith on the other hand......

BxTom

Bench
I find it hilarious how every person in rugby league knows Ivan did the dirty, except Panther fans. I also love how they seem to talk about our club more then their own

Re the players, if Packer and Reynolds are so amazing, why has nobody else picked them up? Surely Ivan could find a use for them at the foot of the mountains
I'm a Panther fan, not a Cleary (Snr) fan, so not all Panther's fans support him... Just saying.

MugaB

Coach
Tigers finished 9th last year like every other year for one reason. We have a bottom 4 roster. For years we have been trying to turn it around but weighed down with visionaries the quality of Taylor & Cleary.

Penrith on the other hand......
Nah you just lack the nouse to stick it out, since sheens got booted, youve never made the finals, Ivan's got nothing to do with the backstabbing that goes on at the wests club, if you're not at each other at board level, you're at each other on the field, finally these two years you got good players, and stalwarts back, but its never good enough, you just need to give it to matterson now arguably your best player this year, besides maybe Alex Twal, you'd all be the same shamebles had Ivan not come, and if Madge can't get this team going, you'll put an axe in his back too... keep on deathriding tigpies!

P.s. Atleast we aren't deathriding cleary at our club, thats what you guys love to do

gordynz

Juniors
Nah you just lack the nouse to stick it out, since sheens got booted, youve never made the finals, Ivan's got nothing to do with the backstabbing that goes on at the wests club, if you're not at each other at board level, you're at each other on the field, finally these two years you got good players, and stalwarts back, but its never good enough, you just need to give it to matterson now arguably your best player this year, besides maybe Alex Twal, you'd all be the same shamebles had Ivan not come, and if Madge can't get this team going, you'll put an axe in his back too... keep on deathriding tigpies!

P.s. Atleast we aren't deathriding cleary at our club, thats what you guys love to do

Go away lol

Tiger5150

Bench

Matterson was our best player this year by a long stretch. Something VERY weird has gone on with Matterson, I have never seen team mates turn on someone leaving like they have on Matterson. Genuinely surprised.

Changes have been made from the top down post Taylor. New board, new structures, new people, Cleary had nothing to do with that and chose not to be part of it. Fair enough. Change takes time, In Madge we trust. Good things are coming. Watch this space.

MugaB

Coach
Hold on let me screenshot a few of these comments, so that in a few seasons i can post them on how much you love Madge "super coach" Maguire just like how you guys all loved Ivan, and im sure mick potter and Tim Sheens before that, lets remember how pessimistic tigers are, always glass half emptyScreenshot_20191031-100419_Play Tube.jpg

Again can someone tell me when the tigers are going to wear a balmain Gold kit? or is that never going to happen coz of the magpies board runs the show

Tiger5150

Bench
keep on deathriding tigpies!

FWIW the only people I have "Deathrided" has been Mitchell Moses at Parra and I Cleary at Pamfers.

That damn Moses has pissed me off by actually playing pretty well on balance and helped Parra to a good season.

Cleary has pretty much performed as expected.

The unknown

Juniors
Lost to Melbourne virtually on the bell, Marsters missing infront against Penrith which was 4 points gone begging had us easily in the top 6. ALL with a bottom 4 roster and 2 mil sitting on the sidelines. I think Madge will be just fine

Tiger5150

Bench
Hold on let me screenshot a few of these comments, so that in a few seasons i can post them on how much you love Madge "super coach" Maguire just like how you guys all loved Ivan, and im sure mick potter and Tim Sheens before that,

Hang on slow down, Im having trouble keeping up with your contradictions.....did we love Ivan or were we deathriding him?

MugaB

Coach
Lost to Melbourne virtually on the bell, Marsters missing infront against Penrith which was 4 points gone begging had us easily in the top 6. ALL with a bottom 4 roster and 2 mil sitting on the sidelines. I think Madge will be just fine
Ok great excuses, thats really every teams problems, shark missed important goals too, and you're roster isnt bad, it might be soon without robbie and ryan, and a players worth on the sidelines is not an excuse for manly and they had almost a whole fwd pack missing during the finals, again 30 man squad you have talent, i know coz my mates are tigers fans, and geez do they deathride.... but they're more upset that packer isn't in the 1st grade especially since he was the dominant prop of the team last year, imagine him and Twal busting through defences.
Madge is a great coach but too much of a disciplinarian, youll find more mattersons type issues next year, he did it at souths, he'll do it at the tigers too, he cant help it

MugaB

Coach
Hang on slow down, Im having trouble keeping up with your contradictions.....did we love Ivan or were we deathriding him?
You all like the shinny new stuff, then when it isn't what you like, you brake it
Ivan had 2 more years, what was the rush in getting him turffed, matterson just wanted an upgrade, and if he was you're best this year, why not?, nah gotta put thay foot down pascoe! We won't be bullied!
And where's Packer?