What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

The Marshall

Juniors
The Dogs have shot down the McCollough rumour.

Bulldogs boss addresses Andrew McCullough link, Josh Reynolds return

Only days after leaving the Broncos to link with Newcastle on a one-year contract, the former State of Origin hooker has been linked to Canterbury — as has a Belmore favourite.
signing former Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough on a multi-year deal from 2021.

Only days after leaving the Broncos to link with Newcastle on a one-year contract, McCullough has been linked to the Bulldogs.

However, Hill told The Daily Telegraph that Canterbury won’t sign the ex-Brisbane No.9.

“No disrespect to Andrew, but his name has not been mentioned and we’ve had no discussions around signing him at the Bulldogs,” Hill said.

“The reports are incorrect. It was news to us.”

Hill also confirmed that Josh Reynolds’ potential return to Canterbury this season was dead in the water.

The Tigers and the Bulldogs have been butting heads over a payment figure for Reynolds, who has been linked to a Belmore homecoming for months now after the Bulldogs made inquiries about his tenure at Concord.

Reynolds is earning approximately $750,000 a season for the next two years, which is significant money for a player who has been restricted to just 14 games in the past three seasons at the Tigers due to injury.

It’s why Wests officials were willing to release the five-eighth if he found a club willing to fork out the money, but Canterbury are unwilling to do so.

“There has been no discussion in the last couple of weeks around Josh joining the Bulldogs,” Hill said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f79a1aa7ae34184a9b1f1ae4f0a49379

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

Weedler warning but to be honest, this pickup makes way too much sense for the Titans to be untrue. It's about time they made a good signing.

The unknown

Juniors
Handy pick up for the tits, I see tigers releasing him as a sign our squad is getting stronger, but I reckon he could still add value to a struggling team like he did for us at one stage.

Ideally we would wanna keep him for depth but not gonna stand in his way if he can play nrl elsewhere

shear_joy9

Coach
Handy pick up for the tits, I see tigers releasing him as a sign our squad is getting stronger, but I reckon he could still add value to a struggling team like he did for us at one stage.

Ideally we would wanna keep him for depth but not gonna stand in his way if he can play nrl elsewhere

not sure what the point of releasing him now is. I'd keep him for depth then release at the end of season.

grouch

First Grade
Corey Thompson is a short 30 year old who has played in one finals series - 6 years ago? He's plucky and plays with heart but he's not elevating a team anywhere.

shear_joy9

Coach
Not sure how this wasn't posted in here, but reports last week that Ponga is set to extend his current deal. Article says until 2025, but there's a bit of word going around that it could be until 2027 (which would be a 5 year extension on top of his current deal).

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/po...tay-at-newcastle-knights-20200525-p54w5q.html

$1.1mil for a kid that's played 50 games sounds crazy but I can understand why they did it.
Think the knights have overpaid but maybe that's been done to keep any get-out clauses from the contract

The unknown

Juniors
Corey Thompson is a short 30 year old who has played in one finals series - 6 years ago? He's plucky and plays with heart but he's not elevating a team anywhere.

That’s what we said when we first signed him, definitely got a ton of value out of him in the long run though.

Apparently Tits are offering 1.5mil over 3 years for him, that’s a bit steep but he’d be insane to not take it at his age

super_coach

First Grade
That’s what we said when we first signed him, definitely got a ton of value out of him in the long run though.

Apparently Tits are offering 1.5mil over 3 years for him, that’s a bit steep but he’d be insane to not take it at his age

I think the offer was for 500 over the three years

TDD91

Juniors
Rumours over here that Aiden Sezer has left Huddersfield and will be returning to the NRL. Wests rumoured to be after him. Shame for Huddersfield really, he was winning them games pretty much by himself this season.