What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

insert.pause

First Grade

davi

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/9463aa9c17b3c70b06f432b2f416a724

Fifita to Gold Coast 5 years $5mill

Just what the titans need. A team with one of, if not the worst spine in the comp to splash a $1mil for a backrower

It's been reported in the Courier Mail that Shannon Boyd is contemplating retirement and wants to move back to NSW to become a farmer if he can negotiate a buyout. The other one is the Dragons have inquired about the availability of Jarrod Wallace. If the Titans could offload both those players off the books then signing David Fifita wouldn't be seen as extravagant with the cap space they have free.

I agree about the spine. The Titans need a hooker Mitch Rein and Nathan Peats are just not cutting it. Peats is off contract at the end of the year. But the Titans have the up in coming Tanah Boyd who is an interesting prospect. And they have already signed the underrated Corey Thompson to fullback. Ash Taylor is on a big contract which doesn't expire till next year. I probably see the Titans persisting with Taylor until the contract runs out as he is on big coin so spending on another half may not be a priority at the moment whether the Titans like or not.

gerg

Juniors
It's been reported in the Courier Mail that Shannon Boyd is contemplating retirement and wants to move back to NSW to become a farmer if he can negotiate a buyout. The other one is the Dragons have inquired about the availability of Jarrod Wallace. If the Titans could offload both those players off the books then signing David Fifita wouldn't be seen as extravagant with the cap space they have free.

I agree about the spine. The Titans need a hooker Mitch Rein and Nathan Peats are just not cutting it. Peats is off contract at the end of the year. But the Titans have the up in coming Tanah Boyd who is an interesting prospect. And they have already signed the underrated Corey Thompson to fullback. Ash Taylor is on a big contract which doesn't expire till next year. I probably see the Titans persisting with Taylor until the contract runs out as he is on big coin so spending on another half may not be a priority at the moment whether the Titans like or not.

Cartwright and Peachey are the contracts they need to find a way out of. When are they signed until? You simply cannot have that amount of cap underperforming and on the bench.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Shannon Boyd retiring, what is he 27? he was touted to be a international prop once

He was an International prop once!

Big fall from grace for the big marn.

imagev1862c91fa049431baa45c5bb4b252314d-h1fs81vihblwkrar2s2.jpg

jim_57

Staff member
Peats, Cartwright, Peachey, Rein, Taylor etc

What a mess.

Players like Boyd and Wallace are now not suited to the game. Been waiting for this for years. The end of the 20 min footballer.

Bring on reduced interchange next season too.

Can't wait.

I hope for Holbrook's sake they keep him around long enough to cut the dead wood and give him a decent shot at it, what a mess.

In saying all those players except Rein had a lot of potential not that long ago, if he's up to being an NRL coach he may be able to help 1 or 2 achieve their potential.

davi

Juniors
Shannon Boyd retiring, what is he 27? he was touted to be a international prop once

Justin Holbrook has said yesterday that Shannon Boyd is battling injuries which is behind the motivation to retire. He did mention Boyd was struggling to keep up with the pace of the game. Not sure if that's a cover or its the genuine reason. He said Boyd has battling been injuries for a 'long time'.

If that's the case makes you wonder how much homework Garth Brennan did when he rushed out and signed him to a massive four year contract. Raiders barely blinked an eye lid when it was announced he was going. I remember hearing on a podcast the Raiders recruitment manager said they were looking for more mobile forwards rather then big boppers to keep up with the pace of the game which has now been proven correct.

shear_joy9

Coach
Salary cap squeeze starting to pressure the Cowboys.

Asiata ---> titans, dragons, raiders
Molo -----> super league

Knight76

Juniors
Latest news is Fafita has had a change of heart and will stay at the Broncs for 1 more season, then look to sign a big contract.

Code for, I don't want to lock myself in to the Titans, so I'll stick around here for another year, and then move to a better club after that.