1. Origin I Edition OUT NOW:

The latest issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for next week's State of Origin opener and upcoming Super League matches!

As the interstate rivalry amps up in the NRL post-season for the first time, Paul Jobber talks to Boyd Cordner as the Blues skipper aims for a NSW three-peat, while Rick Edgerton looks at how Origin will unfold in a post-COVID world. League-mad fans Mark Thierry and Emile El-Azar share their lives in locked-down Victoria during the COVID-disrupted year and Andrew Ferguson looks at how the Storm and Roosters of the current era compare with the great dynasties of years gone by.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the Origin match programme along with teamlists and details for the week's Super League matches - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine! Happy reading!

EDITION 23 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumoured Signings

Discussion in 'NRL' started by I Bleed Maroon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Willie Ray

Willie Ray Juniors

SBD82, jargan83, Eelementary and 4 others like this.
  2. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

2 MATT NABLE PROMOS!

jargan83, Willie Ray and soc123_au like this.
  3. davi

davi Juniors

Anthony Griffin front runner for the Dragons job. Dean Young a rival has actually spoken highly of Griffin as they have a working relationship as assistants from the Tongan team. Apparently Craig Fitzgibbon would be Dragons first choice but he is unlikely to leave the Roosters as he has another year left on his contract. Dave Furner name has been thrown in the mix as well.

If Griffin gets the job he wants Young to stay on as an assistant but Shane Flanagan would be required to leave. And it would end the amount scenarios from the Dragons of how to get Flanagan into the head coaching position.

I have read a tweet that Griffin is also contention for the Broncos job. But for some reason I don't think that holds as much weight..

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/721f376123b362bae11db3cb3186159c

blue bags likes this.
  4. blue bags

blue bags Bench

5. eagles4eva

eagles4eva First Grade

I've love to see him finish off with the Eagles

MugaB and blue bags like this.
  6. gerg

gerg Juniors

He should retire. He'll be a cripple by 40.

blue bags likes this.
  7. davi

davi Juniors

Its been reported in the Courier Mail Todd Payten has landed the Cowboys gig on a three year deal worth 1.5 million.

Todd Payten is just days away from being appointed head coach of the North Queensland Cowboys on a three-year contract.

News Corp understands the deal will be confirmed by Wednesday for the 41-year-old who has done such an impressive job since taking over at the New Zealand Warriors from Stephen Kearney.

A magnificent 36-6 victory over the Knights on Saturday afternoon, their fourth win in five games, convinced Cowboys bosses he is the man for the job in Townsville.

It caps a huge weekend for Payten, who was reunited with his young family on the Central Coast yesterday after a four-month separation.

He has three children, 11, 9 and 7 who stayed behind in New Zealand when the Warriors moved to Australia in May.

“They got out of quarantine this morning at 10am,” Payten said.

“It’s been a great day. We hadn’t seen each other for 120 days on the dot.”

Payten’s contract with the Cowboys will be worth around the $1.5 million mark for three years with bonuses for playing in the finals."

He has beaten John Cartwright, Josh Hannay and English coach Shaun Wane for the job.

Payten last month knocked back the offer of the full-time coaching role with the Warriors to chase the opportunity at the Cowboys following the sacking of Paul Green.

He declined to comment on the job.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...h/news-story/6e7914395f3012d46846eaf84aebbfc8

Vee and blue bags like this.
  8. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

Wow, I should have sent a resume.

reanimate, t-ba, axl rose and 3 others like this.
  9. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

His stink at the warriors was great prior to his back injury, then his dogs campaign has been as successful as his eels stint. But i agree either manly or warriors

10. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

You sure about that? :p :D

p.s.

Yes I know it was a typo, but gee it's a beauty :)

axl rose and MugaB like this.
  11. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

blue bags likes this.
  12. mave

mave First Grade

Replace 1 injury prone crock who plays 6 games a year with another injuru prone crock who shat massively on the club from extraordinary heights last time he left.

Manly is challening our inner Wests Tigers with this one.

reanimate and Panther79 like this.
  13. shear_joy9

shear_joy9 Coach

Dean Whare > super league

Peats and Proctor > Manly

14. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Juniors

No no no no no please no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

reanimate and eagles4eva like this.
  15. eagles4eva

eagles4eva First Grade

Wow that scary, Peats is Levi like standard. You'd think "alleged" Church dance stabber would have his day in court before kick off 2021...

blue bags and reanimate like this.
  16. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Juniors

No, it's set for late July 2021, so another full season off, let TBaz have him and invest in someone like Tom Starling or Robson from Nth QLD, or Brandon Smith.

Levi is hot trash, and Peats is somehow worse.

eagles4eva, blue bags and reanimate like this.
  17. reanimate

reanimate Bench

Can we please get back to those Brandon Smith to Manly rumours? I like those ones.

Mr Spock!, RedVDave and eagles4eva like this.
  18. Munted

Munted Bench

B Smith and RTS to the doggies

blue bags likes this.
  19. blue bags

blue bags Bench

i smell something cooking

eagles4eva likes this.
  20. davi

davi Juniors

Reports are Josh Papali apparently is homesick and wants to come back to Queensland to be closer to family. Titans and Broncos are monitoring this situation closely. Both teams are pretty loaded in the forward pack though, so I'm not sure the position Papali plays at Prop/Second row is the most pressing need. Papali has two years left on his contract, and really shouldn't be let off the hook. This kind of crap is just happening too frequent with players wanting to be released from their contract before it expires.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/0d6a9e5e0c23efdefc664b64da689821

jargan83 and blue bags like this.