1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumoured Signings

Discussion in 'NRL' started by I Bleed Maroon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath Bench

What? his bubbler picture?

2. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Hoffman to Parra is confirmed

LINK

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

i guess french doesn't get the fb gig now

4. betcats

betcats Coach

Surely French is their FB next year, he is a bloody great prospect.

5. nrlnrl

nrlnrl First Grade

It's close, but still not official - awaiting approval from the NRL. It could be given the green light today.

6. Last Week

Last Week Bench

Pretty sure French will still be playing fullback, even with Hoffman around. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffman plays at right centre, but he'll most likely be on the wing.

7. Last Week

Last Week Bench

Brad Arthur did say after our win against the Dragons that French will be fullback next year with Clint Gutherson our five eight.

I personally would prefer we signed another half, kept French on the wing and moved Gutho to fullback, but that's me.

8. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Hoffman will play wing I'd say. Good signing though, he's a handy player and can cover 1-5, even 6 if we get in a really tight spot.

9. myrrh ken

myrrh ken First Grade

He's not really a winger anymore is he? He must fancy his chances at FB.

Maybe they'll give French another year's apprenticeship on the wing? Otherwise I'm sure they'll chuck Hoffman inthe centres

10. Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader Juniors

Hoffman is a centre. Thats where he'll be playing

11. Basil Brush

Basil Brush Juniors

Over M Jennings and Takarangi (who just re-signed until end of 2019)? Although Taka could play the utility role off the bench.

12. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion First Grade

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...vy_Nzoungou_expected_to_join_Melbourne_Storm/

OPULAR French forward Levy Nzoungou is hoping for a fairytale farewell on Sunday when the Saints under 19s side take on Wigan in the Academy Grand Final.

The former Toulouse prop is expected to head Down Under next month to take up the offer of a place with NRL giants Melbourne Storm.

The powerhouse player has caught the eye with his strong running in 15 academy and 10 reserve team appearances this season, yielding six tries.

Nzoungou has established himself as a genuine fans’ favourite at Langtree Park so there will be disappointment that he is not staying on.

But the prospect of moving over to one of the leading clubs in world rugby league will cushion that blow.

Nzoungou is looking to bow out with a victory to take away with the happy memories he has of St Helens.

He said: “I’ve loved living in St Helens and playing for Saints, and I’m desperate to beat Wigan on Sunday.

“At first I was devastated not to be staying, but Melbourne is the chance of a lifetime and I’m determined to grab it with both hands.

“I’ll take some happy memories with me and lots of great friendships.

“I’ll never forget what people like Alison Donnelly, Derek Traynor, Dave Cheetham and the Imperial Exiles have done for me, and housemates and teammates like Regan Grace, Calvin Wellington and Matty Costello will be friends for life.

“And thanks to Barry Turner I’ve even passed my driving test here.

13. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

the next remi casty

14. Dogs Of War

Dogs Of War Coach

I will give it that he is moving over at the right age. The agee where if he wants to put in the hard work, he could make something of himself.

15. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

Melbourne seem to be purposely moving away from Origin representation, if the f**kwits in charge won't do anything to segregate it why bother being part of it

16. myrrh ken

myrrh ken First Grade

DT reporting G Bird to Manly. Probably not the leadership they need at the moment.

17. betcats

betcats Coach

Ah yes there is some deep strategy behind every move Melbourne make lol you are a knob.

18. johnny plath

johnny plath Juniors

Yes, those two Queensland based academy's very unlikely to have potential future Qld rep players in them

19. Disco

Disco Bench

If they release Buhrer to sign Greg Bird than I dead set give up!

Nice Beaver likes this.
  20. myrrh ken

myrrh ken First Grade

Yes having to decide between Buhrer and G Bird would certainly be a conundrum for anyone.

Basil Brush likes this.