What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

greenBV4

Bench
B Smith given permission to look around for a starting hooker role for 2022 onwards

Shame for us if he goes, id have him instead of grant

Someguy

First Grade
B Smith given permission to look around for a starting hooker role for 2022 onwards

Shame for us if he goes, id have him instead of grant

small sample size says Grant is injury prone but he possibly the best hooker in the game already, if it’s one or the other grant over smith every time.

Hope smith can find a team that suits his style as hooker or he will be locked into that bench forward role forever. Not sure the dogs or warriors would be good for him, manly would most suit his style imo might even fit into the parra system and would be a huge improvement over the dud they have at hooker

Last edited:

First Grade
small sample size says Grant is injury prone but he possibly the best hooker in the game already, if it’s one or the other grant over smith every time.

Hope smith can find a team that suits his style as hooker or he will be locked into that bench forward role forever. Not sure the dogs or warriors would be good for him, manly would most suit his style imo might even fit into the parra system and would be a huge improvement over the dud they have at hooker
No chance he gets a start at manly, they already have Levi starting.:p

wazdog

Juniors
Edene Gebbie to Tigpies on a development contract?

Was singed by the Bunnies last year but was released soon after due to the NSW Cup being cancelled.

Tiger5150

Bench
Leilua or Roberts to reserve grade?

It would be a nice problem to have (again, I think there is next to no chance of it happening).

It wouldnt be until 2022 if it happened and Leilua and Roberts are both effectively off the contract at the end of 2021 with the club having a club held option for both for 2022.

davi

Juniors
His wife & kids moved back to Australia... maybe he's found a new lurk- just shift your missus to wherever you want to go & then claim family reasons. He's losing 500k a year though so he's doing it wrong.

The problem is this is Gareth Widdop's second time he has done this. I tend to think this time it's quite genuine, but because he has already broken a contract previously he may have harmed his chances securing a NRL contract as clubs will be weary of getting the run around again from him.

Grapple

Bench
brandon is such an intriguing fit for most clubs.

IMO he's Isaac Luke 2.0 with more options. Perhaps not in the mold of a kicking/game management hooker, but more defensive workhorse, utility.
I'd be happy if he was our starting hooker, but ultimately i don't think he fits with us, nor tigers.
Manly would be interesting, but really see him going to gold coast.