What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Bulldogs would be silly to offer Cotric more than the Bulldogs are paying him. Sounds like a bidding war they would get involved in though. I reckon Cotric will be at Belmore next year..
Any wild guesses as to what the transfer fee would be to allow the Bulldogs to offload Cotric to the Bulldogs?!?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bulldogs would be silly to offer Cotric more than the Bulldogs are paying him. Sounds like a bidding war they would get involved in though. I reckon Cotric will be at Belmore next year..

If the Eels want to pay full freight. They can have him. Too much cash locked up in wingers.

BadnMean

Juniors

Look Baz thinks Cotric can make a real difference to the Bulldogs. I'd play 3 Cotric's in my back 5 if I could, I think Baz is onto something. Bulldogs fans will be gutted to lose him but excited by the new signing.

BadnMean

Juniors
Tigers taking Hodgo would solve a few problems at the Raiders. He's been great for the club overall, but I have grave concerns about his deteriorating movement & suitability to a faster game. He's a genuine leader though, if that's what the Tiges want.

mongoose

Coach
lol Maguire. Money to spend but f**k all available.
I'd pick Liddle and Simpkin over Hodgson every day of the week. If you want a hooker who will completely f**k up your attack, has the knees of an 80year old and an ego to rival Cam then sign Hodgson up.
crazy how far he has fallen in the last 2 years... I know some Raiders fans still rate him but I would be happy to see the back of him....

shear_joy9

Coach
crazy how far he has fallen in the last 2 years... I know some Raiders fans still rate him but I would be happy to see the back of him....
hookers like Cook, Koro and Grant are the gold standard for Vlandy's ball. Hodgson is the complete opposite to them.
Maguire may as well play with four 120kg props on his bench as well like it's last decade.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nich Chochtrich was on our radar when he first left the Raiders. Dogs just paid him a stupid amount.

He's a good chance to come to Parra but if he does it will absolutely not be at full freight. Be a good signing if he does.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Nich Chochtrich was on our radar when he first left the Raiders. Dogs just paid him a stupid amount.

He's a good chance to come to Parra but if he does it will absolutely not be at full freight. Be a good signing if he does.

Dogs won't be giving much discount. Cause otherwise it's pointless. Better off keeping him.

nick87

Coach
Dogs won't be giving much discount. Cause otherwise it's pointless. Better off keeping him.

They'll be giving a fat old discount, friend
You can take that to the bank. They handed out an obscene contract, which every man and his dog (or should that be except the dogs? ahaha) called out at the time that it was a bad deal... and here we are, 1 year in and they want a redo

I would bet good money they'll be eating at least 250k of that reported 650k deal

dogslife

Coach
Dare say we were tight for cap before we got rid of dopey Adam Elliott.

There's no way the new regime would be stupid enough to take that much of a cap hit for him to play elsewhere, we'd be better off keeping him, but nothing is throwing me at this point.

gerg

Juniors
On pure ability and bang for buck, Ferguson would have been a much better option
But I thought he left the Roosters to go to Parra on a big money deal? However I think the point you are making is resigning him on less money. If eels can get bulldogs to chip in, Cotric would be pretty good in that team.

84 Baby

Referee
You can take that to the bank. They handed out an obscene contract, which every man and his dog (or should that be except the dogs? ahaha) called out at the time that it was a bad deal... and here we are, 1 year in and they want a redo

I would bet good money they'll be eating at least 250k of that reported 650k deal
Pfft those merkins can eat $800k of the reported $650k

Bazal

Post Whore

What he said.

Not sure about 250k but I'd guess Parra likely won't bother for more than 450k on the cap or so.

It might well be the Dogs keep him because of it, but taking a 200k hit is better than a 650K hit. You can get two pretty damn good first graders for 450k