What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

The Wests Tigers have suffered another massive recruitment blow, losing outstanding second-rower Luciano Leilua to the North Queensland Cowboys.

The giant edge forward has also asked for a release from the final year of his contract in 2022 to join the Cowboys in the new year.

Shattered Wests Tigers officials are planning to issue a press release on Thursday morning.

The Cowboys have used the money they saved after missing out on barnstorming Penrith Panthers forward Viliame Kikau to sign Leilua on a three-year deal.

The Daily Telegraph understands he will be paid $700,000 a season.

It is known Leilua and his manager, Mario Tartak, have been disappointed with negotiations at the Wests Tigers for the last couple of months.

Little progress has been made since they began talks in August.

The signing of Isaah Papili'i from the Parramatta Eels last week on more than $600,000-a-year was the catalyst for Leilua to look elsewhere.

He felt undervalued.

The Leilua camp insists coach Michael Maguire is not the problem despite the coach’s well publicised falling out with his brother Joey.

It has more to do with the fact Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe has not once spoken to Tartak about the negotiations since August.

nick87

Coach
Reports emerging that the Raiders are working a terms for Cotric to return back to canberra...

I want to be very clear... if this happens with the dogs chipping in serious money so the Raiders end up with the player at the right price, dogs fans who told me the Cotric deal for the bulldogs was good had best block me now. ill be unf**kingbarable

I will HOWL if the dogs end up paying serious freight for the right to have Nic Cotric for a single year, in which he got hurt, before sending him home.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Papali'i for $600k and Luc wanted $700k?
Tigers have done good business here, they are no longer paying ridiculous overs for players including not budging on the Hodgson deal. Main thing now is to spend the money they are going to save on Luc wisely.

BadnMean

Juniors
Reports emerging that the Raiders are working a terms for Cotric to return back to canberra...

I want to be very clear... if this happens with the dogs chipping in serious money so the Raiders end up with the player at the right price, dogs fans who told me the Cotric deal for the bulldogs was good had best block me now. ill be unf**kingbarable

I will HOWL if the dogs end up paying serious freight for the right to have Nic Cotric for a single year, in which he got hurt, before sending him home.

I can't believe it would happen...

Rapana, Savage, CNK, Cotric... one of them would be missing out every week. Unless CNK goes to centre.

I mean I'd take him if the Dogs are paying but surely not.

shear_joy9

Coach
Ricky really has no f**king idea what’s he’s doing. Signing Cotric will make zero difference to clubs ladder position plus his shoulder is f**ked and expected to miss the whole preseason. Canberra should have been on the phone with Luc the minute Papali’i signed.

mozza91

Coach
700k for Leilua and 800k for the Chad!

Didn’t the Cowboys fans blame Green for the shitty retention and recruitment? It’s gotten worse under Payten.

Dogs Of War

Coach

As I said last time it was rumoured he was offer to Parra and you said a similar thing. We won't be paying serious freight. If he is on the 600k it was said at the time. At worst I would expect 450k to be paid by the Raiders. No point moving him on if it's less than that. Better we keep him. Not to mention it's hard for the Raiders to actually attract that quality of player in the first place. I did have to laugh in the article it was mentioned that the Tigers had a bite and Cotric was quick to put paid to that.

nick87

Coach
that's pretty serious freight!
That's 25% of his f**king money, friend hahaha

I bet he ends up back at the Raiders with the Dogs chipping in 200k or more... and i'll f**king howl laughing about it

Dogs Of War

Coach
that's pretty serious freight!
That's 25% of his f**king money, friend hahaha

I bet he ends up back at the Raiders with the Dogs chipping in 200k or more... and i'll f**king howl laughing about it

It's 250K a year back in our pocket we can use elsewhere and strengthen the squad for 2 years. We are pretty sorted for outside backs. While you guys pray that Hodgson goes to the Tigers without you guys paying through the nose.

Anyway to wet your whistle....

Last edited:

moffla

Bench
Leaves Parra as an option for B. Smith now you’d think?

I still hate that signings are made official/known over a season in advance though.

Latest posts