What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuffy

Bench
Seems Ben Hunt is on the outer at the Broncs, we should have a massive lash and spend what we need to.

Also if we need to pay overs, then let's do it.

Seems Ben Hunt is on the outer at the Broncs, we should have a massive lash and spend what we need to.

Also if we need to pay overs, then let's do it.

We would need to move players on in bulk I feel to get the desired cap space and pick VERY carefully the juniors most likely to cut it at the very top. If we get it right and the NRL get what they want as far as our financial security goes via WESTS then we will have a very good chance at finally getting the balance right. Hunt in my humble view would take us to a new level. I cannot believe the Broncs would entertain letting him go. Milford is not a half. He is a fullback.

Last edited:
I agree. Tyrone Roberts has just not kicked on. He has not improved into the player I thought he would. Hunt is a tenacious little halfback. I rate him.

Spot On

Coach
Can we please buy 3 or 4 decent props before replacing Tyrone. A few blokes able to get over the advantage line would be nice.

Yosh

Coach
Tyrone is the least of our worries. We need 3 GOOD GOOD props first, a GOOD hooker next and then maybe a backrower or two.

RHCP

Bench
Has there ever been a dominant halfback behind powderpuff props?

Tyrone didn't have too many issues when we were rolling forward.

TooheysNew

Coach
Yep. Lets pay overs for Hunt and put him behind a non-existent forward pack. Awesome.

Or are we planning on playing him at 10?

Well there aren't exactly a bunch of props banging down the door to come here. Can't hurt upgrading other positions if the opportunity arises.

Noname36

First Grade
Can we please buy 3 or 4 decent props before replacing Tyrone. A few blokes able to get over the advantage line would be nice.

Tyrone is the least of our worries. We need 3 GOOD GOOD props first, a GOOD hooker next and then maybe a backrower or two.

Yep. Lets pay overs for Hunt and put him behind a non-existent forward pack. Awesome.

Or are we planning on playing him at 10?

Exactly, let's use all our cap space to bring in a halfback (while halfback isn't even our biggest worry at the moment) that's just going to get smashed because we don't have any forwards :crazy:

hello! Did I not say move players on to create cap space. Not just for Hunt. I seriously doubt Bennett would be interested. He flat out rejetced the notion we wanted him last year .

Noname36

First Grade
Hunt would cost an absolute fortune anyway mate. He's not even in the top level of halfbacks but even just good halfbacks are so hard to come by these days clubs fork out a lot for them. No we probably wouldn't need to unload anyone to sign him, but if we got Hunt we wouldn't be able to sign anyone else of quality either. We need to make a heap of forward signings. Hunt will do shit all for us if we don't sign some quality forwards and we won't get any quality forwards if we get Hunt.

We need to make about 4-5 quality forward purchases...does anyone really think we could afford them on top of Hunt?

Last edited:
Affordability is not the issue. There is no way we are going to sign 4-5 quality props out of the blue. No one wants to move to Newcastle. Players will almost always choose a glamour Sydney club over the knights. I do have hope now that our ownership issues are sorted, we might jag one prop but that's about it.

Noname36

First Grade
In order to have any chance of getting players here we need money and a lot of it. We need to offer them more than they could get at a Sydney club. If most of our available cap space goes to a halfback we lose that leverage for forwards.

And anyway if we can't lure a forward here it won't be any easier to get Hunt.

The 2 topline props, 1 first grade prop and 2 strike backrowers we need to be serious contenders will end up being a Kirk Reynoldson and George Rose for next year if we are true to form.

PhilGould

Bench
Tyrone has a lot of potential. He's been one of our best in the last few weeks imo even though our forwards are offering him nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts