What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
I swear someone joked about him coming here very recently. May have been @The Axe of Druss ?

I always liked Bevan and his pace. I do think he's a better option than Tuala. Just not the kind of signing that inspires a fan to say the club is really taking advances to be better and using cap wisely.

EDIT: Not too sure of off-contract wingers but I thought Marzhew was one of them and I'd definitely take him.

perverse

Referee
Maybe he just wants to come home to Australia.

Be handy to have a back up fullback when Ponga inevitably misses games.
Perhaps, but I'm not inspired by the signing. I'd much prefer to be a strong club where the backups aren't NRL failures from years past, but kids with loads of potential aching for a crack at first grade.

Knight Tales

Juniors
In his defence He tore Warrington to shreds this morning. Busy player. He and KPP were a class above i thought.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
The days of a skillful fullback are over. We just need someone who is going to get 200 running metres every game and not drop any kicks. Does French have a motor?

PhilGould

Bench
Not a very inspiring signing as said above, you'd like to see the club looking for younger, higher potential depth options, or at least a more prototypical modern day winger.

Jono078

Referee
The days of a skillful fullback are over. We just need someone who is going to get 200 running metres every game and not drop any kicks. Does French have a motor?
I think his best attributes are he's a footballer first and foremost and has that sort of natural footy instinct. He always seems to pop up in the right place so you could say his positioning and awareness is good (in attack at least). He has speed and is nimble on his feet. He can certainly break the line and take it all the way.

As I said previously, I probably like him more than Tuala as a winger. Has more game breaking ability but may not be as good defensively.

He has some experience now and is more confident in his game so it's not the worst signing, as long as the price was right.

I swear someone joked about him coming here very recently. May have been @The Axe of Druss ?

I always liked Bevan and his pace. I do think he's a better option than Tuala. Just not the kind of signing that inspires a fan to say the club is really taking advances to be better and using cap wisely.

EDIT: Not too sure of off-contract wingers but I thought Marzhew was one of them and I'd definitely take him.
My sense of humour is pretty dark but it's not that dark mate

PhilGould

Bench
He's not even playing fullback in England, not going to walk into an NRL fullback role. I find it hard to believe he'll even play wing in the top 17. He's excelling over there where outside back yardage runs are a bonus rather than a necessity, but used to be a rag doll on kick returns over here. He's a great finisher and has a knack for popping up out of nowhere to score, but that's about where the positives stop, hence why he was over in England by age 24 despite 35 tries in 47 games.

He's been desperate to get back over to Australia, I think it's probably a 1-year deal on very little money to play NSW Cup mostly.

PhilGould

Bench
Very simplistic way to look at it. He has previously failed in the roles we're signing him as depth for and hasn't improved those weaknesses overseas. We need a halfback too, doesn't mean Luke Brooks would be a smart signing.

PhilGould

Bench
From the Daily Telegraph article on the Knights ineptitude;

There is increasing discussion emanating out of Newcastle that representative centre Dane Gagai isn’t happy and could reunite with former Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett at The Dolphins and that rising star Bradman Best, potentially looking for a fresh start, has also been offered to rival clubs.

Jono078

Referee

There is increasing discussion emanating out of Newcastle that representative centre Dane Gagai isn’t happy and could reunite with former Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett at The Dolphins and that rising star Bradman Best, potentially looking for a fresh start, has also been offered to rival clubs.
If players don’t want to work hard to get out of this rut then please do leave.

We need to pinpoint why they want to leave though. If it’s AOB then we need someone fresh here.

Definitely feels like we’re heading for a mini rebuild. Perhaps those moves are in the best interest of both parties.

Knight Tales

Juniors

And who have we got lined up to replace them? If this is the route we are headed then it sounds like AOB is getting more time with a massive roster overhaul. Parr will drive it.