What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Reading through my Linkedin feed the other day under connections that have connected with, I noticed that Danny Buderus connected with Rob Burrow. Former teammates? Perhaps he's keen to come to the NRL...

I know for a fact Matt Gidley tried to sign Burrow in 2012 but Wayne said no thanks. He is 32 now so I think not. We also tried for Myler. Same response.

mikail-eagle

Bench
https://www.facebook.com/newcastleknights?fref=nf

Newcastle are believed to be keen on PNG Hunters five-eight Israel Eliab as they look to bolster their depth for 2016.

The Hunters captain was named as five-eight in the Queensland Cup team of the season and also finished runner-up in the vote for the best and fairest player in the Intrust Super Cup Competition.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
I wouldnt say no

He has been a stand out it what has been a very dominant PNG side in QCup this year and is also captain of the side. Ill be going to the Prelim this Sunday in which he is playing, ill watch a little closer now

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
PNG will probably never get a perminant first grade team, but a bunch of QLD Cup teams would be fantastic for exposing local talent that would inturn bolster their national team....

On Issy, id love to have him....

perverse

Referee
I like him when he's on, but $600k plus is a lot to blow on an impact player. I feel like he'd be good value for a club that could leverage significant 3rd party agreements... not so much to a less fortunate club. Basically I think he's a luxury that we can't afford... but if we could swing it somehow, I'd certainly take him.

Frederick

Staff member
Pass on Taupau. Plays one good game against Souths and everyone loses their minds. He's had an ok season, but seems like everyone's forgotten just how bad he was at the dogs. Too much money to blow on a hit and miss player

slotmachine

First Grade
Pass on Taupau. Plays one good game against Souths and everyone loses their minds. He's had an ok season, but seems like everyone's forgotten just how bad he was at the dogs. Too much money to blow on a hit and miss player

He fired up for the Kiwis and did nothing for the Tigers while they stunk up the joint. Imagine him in a worst side ie. the Knights.

He struggling to average 100m a game but apparently it doesn't matter what you produce if you play like a psycho from time to time.

Snowden dominated him in every stat you could think of this season but because he's big and slow he's a whipping boy.

macavity

Referee
geez you guys are hard markers. we struggle to sign anyone, but anyone we could possibly look at is shit...

mozza91

Coach
geez you guys are hard markers. we struggle to sign anyone, but anyone we could possibly look at is shit...
He's a decent impact player who's only had a handful of good games in his entire career. I'd take him for about half of what he wants.

Frederick

Staff member

He's another Antonio kaufusi. Only works well in a certain kind of system, and doesn't adapt well. Didn't work at Dogs, sorta worked at the Tigers. No guarantee to work in ours

Burns

First Grade
Adam Clysdale is gone according to Barry Toohey in the Sunday Tele. Off to Melbourne, reason being that we have Levi and Randell. Also speculation that two other forwards are on the outer, with Brown to use his connections in the Super League to sign a front rower from the UK.

Johns Magic

Referee
Wow that is huge.

If Randell is our starting 9 next year I am not overly confident.

Ideal situation for me would be buying a decent starting hooker, Levi on the bench and Randell in NSW Cup.

Houston will be the important forward to go I hope. The other I can only imagine being a fringe guy like Mataora or Vaivai so not too much cap space to get excited about there.

Surely this means Levi is the go to guy with Randell taking up a bench utility spot.

Not that I am a fan of having a bench utility unless they are a forward first but could play another position at a pinch.

Latest posts