What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

The bloke isn't even in the top 10 at Leeds for meters gained. Much much better options across the Super League.

He has been injured half the season. So the yardage thing is a bit hard for him to make top 10. Also the top props in the UK are all under lock and key.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
Well in that case.. Hes 18th for Average Metres Gained per Hit up. And despite missing half the season hes 10th in Missed Tackles.

There are much better options available both in the Super League and in Australia.

England are going to become a very serious threat to Australia internationally soon. They are producing some stellar talent. George Williams, Zak Hardaker, Adam Swift, Dom Manfridi, Joe Burgess. Those are just their backs. They need a world class half. They get that they could dominate.they provide enormous and mobile forwards.

Joker's Wild

Coach
England need to develop a classy half or two to really compete. They have Widdop but he needs a decent foil who can organise and create with a decent passing and kicking game

IMO they wont be able to develop any in the ESL where the defences are much softer. A couple of NRL clubs need to get a few of their young halves over here.

perverse

Referee
England are going to become a very serious threat to Australia internationally soon. They are producing some stellar talent. George Williams, Zak Hardaker, Adam Swift, Dom Manfridi, Joe Burgess. Those are just their backs. They need a world class half. They get that they could dominate.they provide enormous and mobile forwards.
I've been hearing this for 15 years. Achurch looks like an absolute dud to me... I struggle to fathom how there aren't better options somewhere.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
Agreed! Exciting times over there. Talent coming from everywhere. Just lacking that special half. Hoping they pick a young squad for this upcoming series with the kiwis.

perverse

Referee
England need to develop a classy half or two to really compete. They have Widdop but he needs a decent foil who can organise and create with a decent passing and kicking game

IMO they wont be able to develop any in the ESL where the defences are much softer. A couple of NRL clubs need to get a few of their young halves over here.

I would have liked us to have a crack at Myler, tbh. Apparently he wants a crack down here - clubs could do a lot worse than to give him one. They definitely need more halves with NRL experience, though... it's too easy for them up there.

Burwood

Bench
I don't think English players being under contract is the issue- it's more that we'll have to pay a transfer fee to get them out of their contract, and with our tight budget, that's not going to happen. Player transfer is our only hope.

Haffa

Achurch isn't really a Pom he's from Penrith. Played juniors with Wests.

But he looks no better than Faalogo.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
I don't think anyone said he was a pom Haffa haha. Convo moved from him to the talent in England currently.

But agreed, achurch is rubbish.

Yosh

Coach
I'm slowly becoming a believer in our management. I hope the good news and signings continue~

perverse

Referee
I want Cuthbo back. Can't believe we let him go, what a bonehead decision.

It's probably the one I find hardest to swallow. Was spewing at the time, still spewing today. He would have stayed at a solid price I reckon, too. Cuthbo was getting to be a bit of a poor mans Corey Parker for mine. Has that rare ability as a middle forward to "make things happen" around him.

Pato will go down as one of those coulda been players. All the ability in the world but now he is a journeyman. Never should have been in a position where we even considered letting him go.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Pato will go down as one of those coulda been players. All the ability in the world but now he is a journeyman. Never should have been in a position where we even considered letting him go.

I loved watching him so much, back in the day. But, once he linked with Koda Nassa, he was done.

I still cant believe he tried to play a day time game in early Autumn without water. Then he got pissy because the coach said that effected his performance and that he wouldnt be used if he did that again.

I try to respect religions, as rediculous as some traditions are, but that was just insanity.

Burwood

Bench
This doesn't really belong in this thread, but just heard a very interesting story on the footy show about Danny Buderus. Apparently he and Joel Caine both trialled with St. George back when they were juniors, with Buderus having a blinder and Caine being ordinary. Somehow Caine gets the call back and Buderus misses out.

It isn't for another 2-3 weeks until St George recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan realises that he got the two players mixed up and it should have been Buderus selected, not Caine. By that time Buderus had already trialled with Newcastle and been picked up!

Buderus said he was a massive St George fan growing up and wanted to play for them- it was just blind luck that arguably the 2nd best player ever to play for the club ended up here. :shock:

Latest posts