What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Exactly - better players than Lamb served long apprenticeships.

Cooper Cronk was stuck on the bench until he hit 23 because he was stuck behind Matt Plodding Orford.

Particularly when it comes to the skinny, little blokes like Lamb, a long apprentice isnt necesarily a bad thing; giving his body a chance to develop fully will extend the back end of his career quite a bit.

perverse

Referee
Doesn’t surprise me that he’s quick, I remember him running down GI from behind once.
Not just quick, fit too. Pearce is a genuine athlete and competitor. For our team and where we are at, Pearce is probably the best possible marquee half we could have got from all the halves we have chased. We lucked out big time. He has the experience that we need and still enough tomorrows that we can build our team around him for the forseeable future.

Joel-22

Juniors
It was good to see Pearce emphasise how highly he rates Brock Lamb and how he really wants him to stay.
If I was Lamb, I'd definitely stay and learn off Pearce. If Lamb stays Connor Watson will not be our first choice 5/8 by the end of the year - you heard it here first.

perverse

Referee
It was good to see Pearce emphasise how highly he rates Brock Lamb and how he really wants him to stay.
If I was Lamb, I'd definitely stay and learn off Pearce. If Lamb stays Connor Watson will not be our first choice 5/8 by the end of the year - you heard it here first.
Honestly, as much as he'll have a lot of expectation on him here, I think there will be a huge weight off Pearce's shoulders getting away from the Roosters, and Sydney in general. I know daddy Wayne has been bleating for years that his best footy is still in front of him, but it won't surprise me to see him go up another level with us. I really think he made the right decision for all involved, and good on him for it. A lot of maturity in his decision, regardless of dollars. He seems ready to take more responsibility for himself and those around him, and he has the assets and experience to do it.

As for Lamb... he's still got miles of time. Look at how much Ben Hunt is being paid now, he didn't lock down a starting gig until 23-24 years of age. It would be prudent for him to bide his time for at LEAST the next 12 months and try to fight for that spot alongside Pearce. He is the first cab off the rank to cover injury to cover any injuries in the spine bar injuries to our hookers given that we can slip Watson back to fullback. He will see plenty of first grade this year, and there's the potential to straight up claim the spot off Watson if he's good enough too. He's now got an environment where there's no reason he can't spend the next couple of years tuning himself into a class half, but it's up to him at the end of the day. I wouldn't begrudge him moving on, but he needs to consider that he's been fast-tracked ahead of his time, and the club is finally getting the resources around him to make him a success.

Still Nutty

Juniors
upload_2017-12-5_15-57-18.png

Wasn't sure where else to paste this...

It hasn't taken them long to make Mitchell the poster child (latest email I just got from the Knights Shop) ;)

Still Nutty

Juniors
Honestly, as much as he'll have a lot of expectation on him here, I think there will be a huge weight off Pearce's shoulders getting away from the Roosters, and Sydney in general. I know daddy Wayne has been bleating for years that his best footy is still in front of him, but it won't surprise me to see him go up another level with us. I really think he made the right decision for all involved, and good on him for it. A lot of maturity in his decision, regardless of dollars. He seems ready to take more responsibility for himself and those around him, and he has the assets and experience to do it.

As for Lamb... he's still got miles of time. Look at how much Ben Hunt is being paid now, he didn't lock down a starting gig until 23-24 years of age. It would be prudent for him to bide his time for at LEAST the next 12 months and try to fight for that spot alongside Pearce. He is the first cab off the rank to cover injury to cover any injuries in the spine bar injuries to our hookers given that we can slip Watson back to fullback. He will see plenty of first grade this year, and there's the potential to straight up claim the spot off Watson if he's good enough too. He's now got an environment where there's no reason he can't spend the next couple of years tuning himself into a class half, but it's up to him at the end of the day. I wouldn't begrudge him moving on, but he needs to consider that he's been fast-tracked ahead of his time, and the club is finally getting the resources around him to make him a success.

x 2 ;)

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It wasn't that long ago when we were offering Jack Bird a similar income to what we have signed Pearce for. I'm so stoked that we missed out on him as this has worked out SOOOO much better for the club as Pearce is a far superior fit for us.

For the first time in years, I'm genuinely excited about the season coming up :)

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Trent Hodkinson meeting with Manly today to discuss his future.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...k-holding-talks-with-manly-on-tuesday/?cs=306

One thing I noticed is when talking to the media about or halves depth both Brown & Pearce mentioned Watson, Lamb & Cogger but neither mentioned Hodkinson. Don't think I've seen him in any pre-season training photos either.

That article says that Hodko is on 800K for next season. That is absolutely insane money for such a bland player. Who was responsible for that contract? I could live with 600K at the time, but 800K is beyond belief. On the plus side, if we can release him and pay a small % of his contract then we'll have even more money left to throw around.

slotmachine

First Grade
That article says that Hodko is on 800K for next season. That is absolutely insane money for such a bland player. Who was responsible for that contract? I could live with 600K at the time, but 800K is beyond belief. On the plus side, if we can release him and pay a small % of his contract then we'll have even more money left to throw around.

Back ended.

I'd let Hodko go if it meant paying 600k of that tbh

perverse

Referee
I think slots was saying he'd be happy to pay $600k out of the $800k we'll be paying him just to get rid of him. I'm inclined to agree, although I think we can get a better deal than that. I'd be going for half/half. We've allegedly still got around a million to spend - and at this stage looking at the roster I'm very impressed with that number - $1.4 million would be even better. We have no desperate need to get rid of Hodko, we can hold out for a decent deal or even not get one. He's only here another 12 months, if we have to wait until next year so be it.

Incredibly we have immense depth in the halves. Weird place to find ourselves, but here we are.

Latest posts