What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don't think the NRL needs Folau anymore tbh, it's not like I watch games every week and think to myself "oh I wish we had Izzy back in the game, this game would be way better if he was playing" and considering he didn't seem that fussed on staying originally I think the game should move on because clearly he has.

Also his recent comments on social media aren't a good look so I'd rather the game keep clear of him and let Rugby deal with his outward spoken rubbish. The NRL has plenty of publicity problems already without bringing a biggot back into the game.

"
Tearaway Broncos prop and potential Knights recruit Tevita Pangai Jnr didn’t return to Brisbane with teammates after his side’s 15-10 loss last weekend.

Instead, he stayed behind to attend the christening of close mate and former South Newcastle junior teammate Sione Mata’utia’s baby girl Amiyah on Sunday.

Knights officials did not take the opportunity to have a chat to him but his Instagram post on Sunday featuring the Newcastle coast-line with the words “Home Sweet Home” raised some eyebrows."
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5342192/tooheys-news/?cs=306

macavity

Referee
Not reading anything in to it. He also called Canberra home on social media.

Last edited:

Old dog

Juniors
Uate showing Manly what we knew years ago
Your being selective, admittedly Uate didn't go well, made a mistake or two but really the whole team went poorly and put many under undue pressure, much like us last week. No one player usually costs you a game.

Spot On

Coach
Uate started to unravel late last season. Once it starts..... it just gets worse.

Listened to a bit on radio driving home and the commentary was scathing.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I read somewhere this week that the Morris boys are shopping themselves as a package deal. I've said it here before but we could do a lot worse. While they're at the back end of their careers they're still really solid contributors and they can both defend pretty well which we desperately need. They wouldn't command elite money anymore either so we wouldn't need to pay overs. I would like to see us get them on a 2 year deal which gives us time to either go after a top level outside back or two or bring a couple or guys up from the lower grades. What do people think?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I read somewhere this week that the Morris boys are shopping themselves as a package deal. I've said it here before but we could do a lot worse. While they're at the back end of their careers they're still really solid contributors and they can both defend pretty well which we desperately need. They wouldn't command elite money anymore either so we wouldn't need to pay overs. I would like to see us get them on a 2 year deal which gives us time to either go after a top level outside back or two or bring a couple or guys up from the lower grades. What do people think?
I’d take Josh and preferably on a one year deal.

B Moz has had some bad injuries the last couple years and I don’t think he’s worth the risk.

Old dog

Juniors
What's available makes your choice, not much in good centres about,moot Ramien for next year and I think Morris boys are a good option, probably have to take both in a deal but they would both enhance our squad along with Ramien, Moga (if ok), Sione, SKD, Ross and Sio along with any developing players.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What's available makes your choice, not much in good centres about,moot Ramien for next year and I think Morris boys are a good option, probably have to take both in a deal but they would both enhance our squad along with Ramien, Moga (if ok), Sione, SKD, Ross and Sio along with any developing players.

Yeah the way I see it is we really need some depth in the outside backs for next year (or this year if we can get someone early) if we did get the Morris boys our back 5 could look like this next year.

1. Ponga
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Ramien
5. SKD

This would give us a solid backline that would at least not leak as many points as we currently do and we can hit the market for a Centre who is at their peak, not sure who that would be yet.

Moga could possibly force his way in there but it all depends on how he recovers from his ACL injury. This would also leave Ross, Sio and Sione in reserves for depth (unless Sione transitions back to the second row which seems unlikely)

Sacrolishes

Juniors

Knights couldn’t afford to NOT make a play at them. We need depth in backline and ACTUAL talent, let alone the experience they both have. I don’t see a 1st grade quality backline player in lower grades bar Tom Hughes and Meaney and both coming back from injury so won’t see potential in them for a while. Need so badly to go after the twins, they’d bring great experience in defence as well which is seriously needed.

Yosh

Coach
Doesn't seem like there would be any real negatives to bringing them here... They play positions we need players in, they won't be on super coin, 2 years won't kill us and they have experience at the highest level.

Swarzey

Bench
2 years for the Morris boys will give the likes of Meaney, Hughes and Dennis plenty of time to develop into those centre and wing spots perfectly. Valuable opportunity for them to learn under them too. They're still quality NRL players, still super reliable players in both attack and defence and would walk straight into our team without a problem. We could do a lot worse and I don't see many other quality options coming up anytime soon.