What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- Dragons approached the Knights about a SKD-Mann trade, which neither Brown nor SKD were interested in. Knights still optimistic Mann will be released to take up a 3-year deal once the Dragons find a replacement. Mann is keen on the move back to Newcastle and keen to try to nail down the #9 jersey.

- Levi is making $350k per year with 2 years remaining on his deal. There's been talk of a release though Knights would be hesitant to do so given their lack of hooker depth, even if Mann signs. If Levi doesn't want to fight for his spot and pushes for a release Knights would likely revisit Segeyaro.

Frederick

Staff member
Surprised you left this tidbit out, Phil:

"While on Bennett, we are hearing one of his first moves when he takes over the Bunnies will be shifting former Knight Dane Gagai from the centres to fullback."

I look forward to enjoying this colossal trainwreck when it happens

Spot On

Coach
Good move really. Gets him out of the line. Bennett just needs to accept he won't be saving many tries or putting the body on the line one on one like the better fullbacks.

Pedge1971

First Grade
As I said, the search continues. We have tried enough players in the position, possibly 3 to 4 fold of any other club in the past 3 seasons. Now Levi is on the outer too. I have no idea what Brown wants in his no 9. Do you? It looks as though he doesn't want an 80 min hooker so therefore he makes it extremely difficult to recruit a good one don't you think? Near impossible to recruit an established no 9. Brown puts the club out of the market due to this. We then have to buy guys that are not in the top bracket, that are less skilful and are happy to play half a game and have their role constantly change. Established no 9's dont want that. Brown seems content to try and manufacture his hookers.

None of us are privy to the relocation desires of any or all players who wear the no 9 jumper so its anyone's guess who would move to Newcastle. But I do know we have a hell of a lot of players who are playing for the club that have had to move here.

Not sure anyone outside Brown, Mooney and Pezet know what he wants from his hooker.

Fair to assume there was a big gap between what he wanted and what he could realistically sign in the last 3 years though.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Surprised you left this tidbit out, Phil:

"While on Bennett, we are hearing one of his first moves when he takes over the Bunnies will be shifting former Knight Dane Gagai from the centres to fullback."

I look forward to enjoying this colossal trainwreck when it happens

Bennett failing again and constant lol@souffs at the same time? This is some kind of beautiful dream.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Toohey's News

- Dragons approached the Knights about a SKD-Mann trade, which neither Brown nor SKD were interested in. Knights still optimistic Mann will be released to take up a 3-year deal once the Dragons find a replacement. Mann is keen on the move back to Newcastle and keen to try to nail down the #9 jersey.

- Levi is making $350k per year with 2 years remaining on his deal. There's been talk of a release though Knights would be hesitant to do so given their lack of hooker depth, even if Mann signs. If Levi doesn't want to fight for his spot and pushes for a release Knights would likely revisit Segeyaro.

I’m not sure why we aren’t signing Segeyaro over Mann.
Brown has lost the plot tbh

Yosh

Coach
I’m not sure why we aren’t signing Segeyaro over Mann.
Brown has lost the plot tbh

How? Please provide some bullet points on your opinion or something... Don't just say some b*llshit troll crap. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but please explain your sh*tty point of view at least.

Woosh

Head Moderator
How? Please provide some bullet points on your opinion or something... Don't just say some b*llshit troll crap. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but please explain your sh*tty point of view at least.

Brown’s plan is to sign Mann to be our starting hooker.
Segeyaro is actually a hooker.
Too hard for you to understand?

Joel-22

Juniors
Should just be auto rerouted to troll dump thread
I agree. I tried engaging with him and even defending him from other posters in the past. He is here purely to stir the pot. I've got him on ignore as of about a week ago, I suggest doing the same

Latest posts