What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
So if we let Lee go on swap deal with Clifford and suddenly say Toa and Hunt get long term injury then what, promote Crossland, send Clifford back and get Lee.
Just keep shuffling those cards team Knights

Knight Tales

Juniors
This club needs to learn to run marathons. Not sprints. O’Brien should stop bullshitting himself and realise he can’t expect his lofty level of play with half his squad missing. Throwing play books is just BS. Fitz, Ponga, Best, Lee, Mann, Pearce, Toa, etc is not easy to replace. The thing about our pack is they play aggressive but not smart enough to change up their play when being baited. Klem should keep his ego in check.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
This club needs to learn to run marathons. Not sprints. O’Brien should stop bullshitting himself and realise he can’t expect his lofty level of play with half his squad missing. Throwing play books is just BS. Fitz, Ponga, Best, Lee, Mann, Pearce, Toa, etc is not easy to replace. The thing about our pack is they play aggressive but not smart enough to change up their play when being baited. Klem should keep his ego in check.

What play book? We have been hitting it one up and putting up midfield bombs because that's the only thing our halfback can do. What plays have we put on?

We are thinking long term. Look at our signings. Many young guns plus one marquee signing on a decent contract. We building a good spine as well. Also, two young guys as Co captain as well.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Is Jackson Hastings worth a crack for the rest of the year, if the tigers can’t get him?

i understand he would have to have 2 weeks in quarantine but I don’t want to deal with Phoenix in the halves longer than necessary

Knight76

Juniors
Is Jackson Hastings worth a crack for the rest of the year, if the tigers can’t get him?

i understand he would have to have 2 weeks in quarantine but I don’t want to deal with Phoenix in the halves longer than necessary

Watson in to 5/8th his week, Mann will be back next week, and Green will be the halfback. So barring any further injury, we won't be seeing Pheonix in the halves at all.

Clifford would hinge on the Cows wanting to free up cap space for someone else. We have the cap space according to Toohey. We wouldn't need a swap.

Yosh

Coach
Did we leave cap space just in case we could get Clifford or someone else just in case? Is this evidence for forward thinking by the Knights management? Feels weird... I'm far more used to seeing us blow up the cap on mediocre but local players.

Did we leave cap space just in case we could get Clifford or someone else just in case?
Not sure but I've seen us put off a last signing to later in the year 'just in case'.
Toohey was queried on this and he's usually up on the cap.
I reckon it might be for Clifford. We've made it known that we want him this year.

Jono078

Referee
I think the Cowboys will end up letting him go early, predicting within the next few weeks. They are now in a rebuilding phase it would seem and letting Clifford go frees up some cap space early-on for them to potentially get someone that would be in their future plans.

Knight Tales

Juniors
What play book? We have been hitting it one up and putting up midfield bombs because that's the only thing our halfback can do. What plays have we put on?

We are thinking long term. Look at our signings. Many young guns plus one marquee signing on a decent contract. We building a good spine as well. Also, two young guys as Co captain as well.
Point taken but That playbook would be the one he literally threw across the dressing room at halftime! His petulance is starting to wear thin. He is putting pressure where it doesn’t go and the boys are playing with the weight of the world on their shoulders. I get he is trying to create a culture here and that is well and good. However the key component, as you rightfully pointed out, is lack of creativity. The truth about this comp and the rule changes is attack has to counter attack now. Defence is almost a offensive tactic now to bend the six again rule to their favour cos refs are now off the hook to blow penalties. How is a restart an advantage over a forty or fifty metre kick upfield?

Hopefully Clifford just somehow works for us. He seems to have the skills but needs to have someone put those in synch for him.

Frederick

Staff member
700k for an outside back who can't defend?? Good luck, only team that would pay that are the bulldogs

Rod

Bench
It's a shame because he'd fit right in. Tuala is solid but Gagai and Best in the centres would be great. Can't pay that kind of money for a 30 year old centre though.

Spot On

Coach
According to Toohey, Gagai wants to come back to Newcastle but knights can't afford his current 700k salary

His manager described him as a prolific try scorer. Cheap at 700K!

Meanwhile, Josh Papali is has scored about the same number of tries.

Burwood

Bench
He’d be an awesome signing for our young and inexperienced back line. Was sad to see him go after he was here for all the hard years.

Unfortunately, he’ll price himself out of any chance the club has of signing him.

Latest posts