What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Juniors
This whole culture word is really not one we should associate with the club anymore cos it creates problems. Identity is a more crucial issue. Who are we exactly?

Brian Smith got it right. He knew the key was to ignore the expectations of the town and just focus on what was right on field and how to coach that . We were fourth when he announced his intention to quit in 2009 And playing some wicked attacking footy. Burro gave in to the sook local junior obsessed fans, and would not extend his deal and he left. Of course he took Roosters to GF a year later. Go us!

Smith was a very divisive dude. His record spoke for itself. He was a tactical genius. I would say possibly the best we have seen in a purse sense. That team in 2008-09 was made up of kids and reserve graders who he taught skill and resilience to, and the what could have been still bothers me. He could develop players and then some.

perverse

Referee
This whole culture word is really not one we should associate with the club anymore cos it creates problems. Identity is a more crucial issue. Who are we exactly?

Brian Smith got it right. He knew the key was to ignore the expectations of the town and just focus on what was right on field and how to coach that . We were fourth when he announced his intention to quit in 2009 And playing some wicked attacking footy. Burro gave in to the sook local junior obsessed fans, and would not extend his deal and he left. Of course he took Roosters to GF a year later. Go us!

Smith was a very divisive dude. His record spoke for itself. He was a tactical genius. I would say possibly the best we have seen in a purse sense. That team in 2008-09 was made up of kids and reserve graders who he taught skill and resilience to, and the what could have been still bothers me. He could develop players and then some.
A perfect example of what pisses me off about the current team. That team played near its ceiling more often than not. We've barely seen glimpses of our current teams ceiling. Smith was definitely a tactical genius when it came to Rugby league, if he had better people skills he likely would be one of the more celebrated coaches of the modern era.

mozza91

Coach
A perfect example of what pisses me off about the current team. That team played near its ceiling more often than not. We've barely seen glimpses of our current teams ceiling. Smith was definitely a tactical genius when it came to Rugby league, if he had better people skills he likely would be one of the more celebrated coaches of the modern era.
Had he jagged one Grand Final he would definitely be.

He was Warren Ryan a decade later. A great tactition but not a great man manager. One Grand Final win at Parramatta and he’s considered one of the best coaches of all time.

He’s definitely the best coach we’ve had.

Had he jagged one Grand Final he would definitely be.

He was Warren Ryan a decade later. A great tactition but not a great man manager. One Grand Final win at Parramatta and he’s considered one of the best coaches of all time.

He’s definitely the best coach we’ve had.
Dont agree, i think Mal Reilly was our best coach ever

Though, smart and uncompromising. Our current players wouldnt get away with shit under him

GidleyTwinz

Juniors
Clifford played for the Cowboys tonight and had a pretty decent game. Good to see.

He was very good. There's a lot of fans who don't watch juniors and don't watch reggies, and therefore wrote him off on the back of a few poor games this year (in a consistently well beaten side). IMO he's a real prospect, and while it won't happen round 1 2022, he has the potential to be a dominant half.

Obviously uncertain, and the multi would be paying fair bit - but our best chance of being a proper top 4 team is Kalyn resigning and moving to 6, and Clifford kicking on as an organising 7.

Yosh

Coach
He was very good. There's a lot of fans who don't watch juniors and don't watch reggies, and therefore wrote him off on the back of a few poor games this year (in a consistently well beaten side). IMO he's a real prospect, and while it won't happen round 1 2022, he has the potential to be a dominant half.

Obviously uncertain, and the multi would be paying fair bit - but our best chance of being a proper top 4 team is Kalyn resigning and moving to 6, and Clifford kicking on as an organising 7.

Clearly not round 1 2022 because he is coming round 11 2021!

Clifford can certainly make a difference to us. He's a big body who can break the line and also has a big boot

Really hope the doubters have taken notice now.

PhilGould

Bench
Didn't see the game but good to hear he played well. Probably doesn't help our chances of getting him early though

Knight Tales

Juniors
Clifford was terrific last night. Was the difference with forcing goal line dropouts and generally keeping Broncs at Bay with his kicking.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Some of those bombs Clifford put up last night were terrifying, if there was a roof on the stadium he dead set would've hit it every time, certainly alot tougher the catch and return for the opposition back 3 than your typical Pearce midfield bomb that is just catching practice for the opposition

Knight Tales

Juniors
Some of those bombs Clifford put up last night were terrifying, if there was a roof on the stadium he dead set would've hit it every time, certainly alot tougher the catch and return for the opposition back 3 than your typical Pearce midfield bomb that is just catching practice for the opposition
KP and he together again could be anything.

Yosh

Coach
Just watched the Cowboys game and some of those Clifford kicks were as high as I have seen in 20 years if watching the footy. Just his kicking game alone will improve our side by at least 20%.

If Clifford can bring that sort of kicking game every week, with his dangerous running game, I feel like we have our halves sorted for the foreseeable future. Clifford and KP could lead the club for years together.

Keep Crossland for depth though.

Spot On

Coach
Payten was happy with Clifford. Said he ran the ball, tackled and kicked well. The 3 things he tells his halves the must do every week to ensure they have a good game and do the job they are paid for.

We need those three things desperately.