What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Seage

Juniors
Time for the club to buy a decent centre and edge back rower.

Good luck to Watson. Showed balls sticking to his guns and backing himself.
They've signed Gagai. I think they think they've already got their 'decent centre.

ryana87

Juniors
So in a perfect world.... We have hopefully downgraded Fitz, Mann and Pearce... Lost Watson..... Who would be the ideal 2nd rower to sign?

Knight Tales

Juniors
Two players gone and one in. It is fascinating both players are going to clubs Obi was assistant at. It can’t be coincidental surely.

Jono078

Referee
At this rate, Tuala will be signing with another club tomorrow.

Timing of these signings are a concern for mine. We’ll learn a shit load this Saturday with how we look against the Dogs.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Knights coach Adam O'Brien is adamant utility Connor Watson's decision to quit the club to join the Sydney Roosters for the next two years won't impact Newcastle's push for a finals berth this season. Just two days after playing his 100th NRL game against Cronulla on Sunday, Watson caught the Knights by surprise with his decision to reject a slightly more lucrative three-year contract extension worth around $350,000 a season to re-join his former club. He broke the news to O'Brien yesterday morning before calling his teammates to a meeting on their day off to inform them. O'Brien said he had been hopeful Watson would stay but with the decision made, "we'll just get on with it". "It did surprised me a bit and it's disappointing," O'Brien told the Newcastle Herald. "We've made no secret that we wanted Connor to stay. But he's decided his future now and that's his call. "What we won't be doing is letting it derail our season this year. We'll be professional about it and just get on with it. "Three weeks ago, we were celebrating extending the two Safs [Saifitis] and re-signing Hymel [Hunt] and Kurt [Mann]. But the reality is in our game, you are not going to keep all of them and Connor won't be the last one who leaves at some stage. "When you look at our squad, we have Kurt and Randy [Chris Randall] who can play that utility role and we've obviously got the scope to bring in someone from outside now to strengthen us." Watson, who won the NRL's prestigious Ken Stephen Medal award last year for his outstanding work in the community, is one of the club's most popular players among teammates and fans. But in four seasons at the Knights after joining the club from the Roosters in 2018, he hasn't been able to hold down a regular starting spot under either former coach Nathan Brown or O'Brien. He has regularly been used as a bench "Mr Fix-it". Over the past two seasons, he has come off the bench in 17 of his 26 games in the top grade under O'Brien. News of his defection angered local fans, who took to social media to slam the club for failing to retain him. It came after club legend Andrew Johns last week called on the Knights to do whatever it takes to re-sign him. But CEO Phil Gardner denied the club botched Watson's retention, saying the club had done everything it could to keep him. "Our offer was for a longer period and to the best of our knowledge, it was also superior financially," Gardner said. "It was a very good offer and I think the market has proved that's the case because we understand he hasn't been offered any more anywhere else. "He has clearly made a a decision purely based on what he believes is best for his footy career over the next few seasons. He wants to pursue a different avenue for his football and we wish him all the best." Gardner said he is not surprised fans are disappointed. "Look, Connor's been great for us and we love him and the fans love him too but it's as much about him as a person as it is about his football," he said. "He's a tremendous person and I'm sorry to see him go. But at the end of the day, we made him a really good offer and he's decided not to take it. We can't force him to do anything." Roosters coach Trent Robinson said: "Connor is an exciting player and a skilled performer across a number of positions. He is also a really good person."

Seage

Juniors
Josh King will be beside himself playing for a well-drilled, mentally resilient team that can shut out external distractions and perform to a consistent and expected standard each week.

Good luck to him.

Burwood

Bench
Josh King will be beside himself playing for a well-drilled, mentally resilient team that can shut out external distractions and perform to a consistent and expected standard each week.

Good luck to him.

I’ve heard good things about the Sunshine Coast Falcons as well.

perverse

Referee
King is the kind of signing that Bellamy can do a lot with. I don't think he's going to turn into a top prop or anything, but I thin khe'll give them good service down there, and potentially get more gametime.

Who are we going to fill these roster spots with?