What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
It seems much more likely he’ll succeed as a back rower compared to O’Brien putting him out on the wing. Still don’t quite get his reasoning for doing so.
It was weird, he's a right centre through and through but we had him playing left wing for some benign reason, I guess AOB had to find a position for the superstar Kurt Mann

Burwood

Bench
I thought he looked the better over Saulo last week. Saulo was returning from injury though.

Yeah I reckon O’Brien picked him purely as a reward for the hard work he put in with rehab to get back after the horrific injury. Bodes well for next year though if he carries that attitude and commitment through.

Knight Tales

Juniors
It was weird, he's a right centre through and through but we had him playing left wing for some benign reason, I guess AOB had to find a position for the superstar Kurt Mann
If we want to have aside which can cause headaches we have to consider Dom and Gags as the centres at the very least. Dom right and Gags left, and maybe look at Bradman as a backrower. Naturally they would have errors and defensive lapses but these kids need to be playing every week. When it works I can see Avery good side developing. There is too much conservative selection and not enough gamble.

Burwood

Bench
As far as I know, Zammit recruited youngsters. Once they’re in the system, it wasn’t his job to retain them.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
If we want to have aside which can cause headaches we have to consider Dom and Gags as the centres at the very least. Dom right and Gags left, and maybe look at Bradman as a backrower. Naturally they would have errors and defensive lapses but these kids need to be playing every week. When it works I can see Avery good side developing. There is too much conservative selection and not enough gamble.
Simi Sasagi is my preferred option for a centre next year l, got shown up a little in D against Cows but was his first go and out D in general was poor. His attacking ability and foot work looks really promising. Promoting juniors difficult though with lower grades being shut down last 2 years. Need regular footy.
Regardless team needs to be coached into second phase play being prominent next year. Same intensity in D + some with a major increase second phase in attack is difference of challenging for top 6 compared too bottom 8.

Frederick

Staff member
I’d argue our only backrower is Frizelle. Fitz is good for bench at best, Brodie is some sort of cult hero based on one game against Cronulla, and Barnett is better suited to in the middle.

I was hoping John’s could develop into one, but it’s clear why Bennett was happy to let him go.

I wish we'd held onto Fermor, he's developed into a very handy player up at the gold coast

Momoisea impressed in his few games. I wonder if he’s overtaken Saulo in the pecking order since the injury?
I don't rate Saulo at all - a plodder who gets dominated far too easily. Jirah looked promising in his few chances

Alex28

Coach
Simi Sasagi is my preferred option for a centre next year l, got shown up a little in D against Cows but was his first go and out D in general was poor. His attacking ability and foot work looks really promising. Promoting juniors difficult though with lower grades being shut down last 2 years. Need regular footy.
Regardless team needs to be coached into second phase play being prominent next year. Same intensity in D + some with a major increase second phase in attack is difference of challenging for top 6 compared too bottom 8.
It’s absolutely going to be Best and Gagai.

Yosh

Coach
With Watson and King gone, what's our bench going to look like? Reckon we will sign someone?

Jono078

Referee
With Watson and King gone, what's our bench going to look like? Reckon we will sign someone?
At this stage our team is mostly unchanged going into next year. We're relying on Jirah or Pasami stepping up into King's role and further development of Jones.

We might have a number of victory cigar's next year if you know how AOB likes to use his bench.

1. Ponga
2 Tuala (note Tuala still doesn't have a contract for next year) or Lee if he's back to his best
3 Gagai
4 Best
5 Hunt
6 Clifford
7 Pearce
8 Saifiti
9 Brailey
10 Saifiti
11 Frizell
12 Barnett??? Really hope we can get a solid signing here though and move Barnett to 13
13 Sue
--
14 Mann
15 Klemmer
16 Momisea
17 Fitzgibbon
--
18 Crossland
19 Sasagi
20 Jones
21 Saulo
22 Clune
23 Hodgson
24 Randall
25 Croker

Depth is looking sadder than this year, but hopefully they all step up and develop. I think every team is in the same boat with reserves not playing much since 2020.

Burwood

Bench
Sasagi could also be an option for the bench. He’s got the size to cover lock/backrow, plus obviously has centre and halves covered.

Spot On

Coach
Another thing I realized today was the real lack of quality backrowers at the club. We have maybe 3 first grade standard backrowers: Friz, Barney and Jones. None are rep level either (let's be honest here). Shouldn't the club have at least 4~5 first grade standard backrowers and 1 or 2 pushing for rep selection. Doesn't help that our 13 in Sue is almost a front rower and 14 in Watson is really a back. Most teams have locks who can easily shift to the edge but we don't have that. Squad is definitely not well balanced.

Yosh, surely you ‘realised’ our back row was an issue years ago?

Latest posts