What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
I wouldn't be mad at the club if they signed either.

Peachey would be an upgrade over Mann for the #14 role and also as fill-in for centres, halves, hooker and forward.

Taylor the need probably isn't there but he is better than Crossland and higher ceiling than Clune. Shit he may be better than Pearce right now too, just doesn't have those intangibles that Pearce can offer.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Peachey would be a good replacement for Watson at no.14 on the same sort of money but given he accused Barnett of a racial slur last year I don’t know if the club or Peachey would even go there.

Taylor has been a massive flop at the Gold Coast, he was paid $1m a season on potential and has barely been first grade standard. I know that people are frustrated with Pearce but he’s brought way more to our club than Ash Taylor has to the Titans.

That being said he’s still young and could still realise his potential. I wouldn’t be against a 1 year deal on low money to see what he can do and then maybe renegotiate from there. The elephant in the room is that Pearce probably won’t be at the club beyond 2022 (or maybe beyond 2021) so we need to plan for the future and maybe taking a low risk deal on a guy with huge upside is worth looking at.

Yosh

Coach
Ash is a huge no but Peachy surely deserves a look at. We're staring at Mann playing every game at 14. Peachy is easily twice the player Mann is.

Also, he is really creative in attack. Something we desperately need. Would he play 14 though? Does he want a starting position?

If he takes a pay cut I would love to have him here.

Old dog

Juniors
Taylor is a no, but Peachey offers something with covering many positions. If he wants a starting position then he would likely have to go to a bottom side but 14 looks good

Knight Tales

Juniors
Peachey is a good option. The issue will be if a Tigers or Dogs pay overs and price us out. I don’t see where we need him but he is still a very handy player. I would just rather us wait it out and see if we can get a real impact backrower.

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
In a perfect world where every player was off contract. Who would be the ideal back rower to sign within our budget?

Obviously not knowing actually how much cap space we have, but guessing we would have around 4-600k.

Would like to see maybe Joseph Tapaine come back.... He would be around that price

macavity

Referee
In a perfect world where every player was off contract. Who would be the ideal back rower to sign within our budget?

Obviously not knowing actually how much cap space we have, but guessing we would have around 4-600k.

Would like to see maybe Joseph Tapaine come back.... He would be around that price

Tapine isn’t an edge player anymore

Josh Schuster would be my pick in the fantasy scenario.

In reality no one on the market and in our price range who improves our squad.

perverse

Referee
In reality no one on the market and in our price range who improves our squad.
This is pretty much it for me in a nutshell, and has been since we signed Gags back. If there's improvement in us next year, it's going to come from within - not from outside. It kind of has to at the end of the day. We have to expect to improve without necessarily buying everything we need. What does it say if we can't? No premiership anytime soon, that's for sure.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Chee Kam has been let go by the Tigers and is off contract. I know he was playing centre nowadays but he was an edge backrower through the grades and is a decent athlete. I reckon he's worth picking up on the cheap and give him the option to be a edge runner. I think he has some upside and at worst he's cheap and couldn't be worse than Fitzgibbon.

Alex28

Coach
Chee Kam has been let go by the Tigers and is off contract. I know he was playing centre nowadays but he was an edge backrower through the grades and is a decent athlete. I reckon he's worth picking up on the cheap and give him the option to be a edge runner. I think he has some upside and at worst he's cheap and couldn't be worse than Fitzgibbon.
Chee Kam is already signed up by the Rabbits for next year.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah there isn’t much available on the market at this stage, although usually there’s plenty of movement after the season is over with players being granted releases so I expect we will still see a signing or two before 2022 kicks off.

Jono078

Referee
Apparently Tigers shopping Luke Garner.

I would take him - always one of their top 3-4 performers.

Not sure why they would be shopping him, but its the Tigers.
Maybe they go all out for Kikau?

Can't say I've seen much of Garner.