What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Bedsy is a nice lad but doesn't have the experience or background to lead our club in a general manager role. Gardner doesn't have the footy background to be successful either. I think we need this sorted out first
100% what's that old cliche ? Winning starts at the front office?

Nice guy Bedsy but zero experience as a head of football

I'm sure Gardner is a wonderful and successful CEO of a club serving chicken snitty and poker machines. NRL Sports Administration ? he employed Bedsy .........when he should have been all over Phil Gould like a "desperate suitor"

aqua_duck

Coach
So AOB is admitting the playing group arent working for him and they arent buying in to what he's selling? That he's failed to instill a winning disciplined culture.

So some players didnt put in and he rewarded them with a start ? ffs

The ship just listed to one side here and the Capt is blaming the crew.
its hardly surprising given we had zero depth to have any genuine competition for spots in the team, theres also no real leaders in there that would set the tone. Gardner and Wests did their job to get Hayden Knowles who's wildly regarded as one of the premier strength and conditioning coaches and they also ensured state of the art facilities only for AOB to waste it all with his poor man management and terrible roster management. When Brian Smith was coach we were so broke our high performance facilities consisted of a storage container at the local council field and we got better results.

Spot On

Coach
Bedsy is a nice lad but doesn't have the experience or background to lead our club in a general manager role. Gardner doesn't have the footy background to be successful either. I think we need this sorted out first. Recruitment is on song but there is no overarching strategy in place. It feels like what Bedsy wants, Gardner wants, AOB wants etc. is all different.

Recruitment is on song??? What do you mean by that Yosh?

Jono078

Referee
the press conference on the knights website, basically said a select few didn’t put in during pre season
Holy dooley that is huge! Why would he say this now? That sounds like someone who knows he's on the outer.

What a f**king abomination of a season and that admission to boot.

Courier Mail says Knights lost interest in Jake Turpin because of salary cap pressure. Goes against all logic and everything Toohey has said about our finances, but I guess we should take it as gospel since it's in the media.

Then there's this to raise my eyebrow even higher, I'm starting to look like The Rock.

Old dog

Juniors
Surely this is a physic up, any player now thinks he might be amongst the few deemed to have not performed so everyone will now put the effort in to avoid possible listing as non achiever. Taken lots of football, preseason to now to disclose the problem, surely dropping those few no matter the standing in the early rounds would have sorted the problem.
We did play well early in season so what is the truth

Sir Galahad

Juniors
its hardly surprising given we had zero depth to have any genuine competition for spots in the team,
While I totally understand this point, the stategy should be "short term pain for long term gain"

I'd promote a reserve grader busting his ass than an over-paid star not putting in effort, that's how standards are set and a winning culture is created.
Surely this is a physic up, any player now thinks he might be amongst the few deemed to have not performed so everyone will now put the effort in to avoid possible listing as non achiever. Taken lots of football, preseason to now to disclose the problem, surely dropping those few no matter the standing in the early rounds would have sorted the problem.
We did play well early in season so what is the truth
This.

Come hell or high water if you dont put in you dont have the honour to wear the red and blue. Lack of effort, you let down the fans, the club , and your team mates all pay the penalty.

I bet that's how the Storm are , the Rorters are, any winning culture is.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Come hell or high water if you dont put in you dont have the honour to wear the red and blue. Lack of effort, you let down the fans, the club , and your team mates all pay the penalty.

I bet that's how the Storm are , the Rorters are, any winning culture is.
O’Brien is as guilty of it as much as the playing group. 2 1/2 years in before he thinks he needs to kick arse. He is a muppet. Strawberry thickshakes all round.

Jono078

Referee
O’Brien is as guilty of it as much as the playing group. 2 1/2 years in before he thinks he needs to kick arse. He is a muppet. Strawberry thickshakes all round.
If he had set real standards early on we wouldn't be in this predicament. One again we come back to the standards discussion..

If Bellamy thought you were't putting in effort in the off-season then you'd never see a first grade jersey. You'd be lucky to remain at the club.

Said it many times before but players need to know their roles and expectations. This is on AOB as much as the player themselves.

If only the majority of the squad trained as hard as Kurt Mann and had the ambition of Dom Young.

Johns Magic

Referee
Looks exciting. Footwork and an offload. Thanks for sharing.

Yep, and good on the club for going after some young talented second-rowers to fix a glaring weakness for us. KPP (supposedly), Hampson and Su’a signed on top of Keeley getting closer to seniors. Hopefully one or two of them come good.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think this also explains why we chased Dane Finucane last year. The buzz word around him was “preparation” which tells you how meticulous the guy is when it comes to training and routines. Clearly the sharks have benefited from having him around. His record with head knocks makes him a risk but his leadership both on and off the field cannot be understated. Sort of wish we had offered a bit more to try and get him here. I can’t imagine the Safs being this poor with him around.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
You may have noticed Belly called his players out after one subpar performance last night. A game they nearly stole. To Belly it is about the performance. Not necessarily the result.
Bellamy knows that performance comes off the back of effort, if you put in the effort the results will come.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/2447fe6f2b3987401a265920fe88f957
"If you put your hand up to play, well you need to play well."

“We expect everyone in our 17 to put effort in, especially defensively and that didn’t happen tonight.”

When an individual lacks effort the whole group suffers the consequences - There is no greater motivator than peer pressure. The humiliation a man feels around his peers that he has let down and they have suffered because of his selfishness.

Spot On

Coach
We don’t place any emphasis on doing your job in defensive. If we did, the bloke that has missed 15 tackles the last 2 games would be getting a rocket by playing reserves.

But no, that is accepted at Newcastle. So, the coach reaps what he sows.

Last edited:
We don’t place any emphasis on doing your job in defensive. If we did, the bloke that has missed 15 tackles the last 2 games would be getting a rocket by playing reserves.

But no, that is accepted at Newcastle. So, the coach reaps what he sows.
Is that the same guy who's missed 18 tackles in the last 2 origin games

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- Willie Peters replacement next season will be Michael Dobson. Played 285 career games, including 6 for the Knights in 2014, but spent the vast majority of his career in England. He'll assist with the NRL team and also coach the NSW Cup side, with Mark O'Meley taking over one of the junior teams. Joins Rory Kostjasyn, Blake Green & Eric Smith as the assistants, and Joey is apparently still on board for 2023 as a consultant. Maybe Dobson is a great coach, but I get the sense AOB prioritises his own feeling of security in his position rather than getting the best coaches for the job.
- Tex Hoy's move to Hull FC is in jeopardy due to Knights refusing to release him immediately. Was meant to be Josh Reynolds' replacement, but Hull are now looking elsewhere.
- Leo Thompson is on the verge of a contract extension. Currently signed until the end of 2023.
- As posted above Knights have signed Sebastian Su'a, a 19-year old forward from NZ, to a 3-year deal. Will start in Jersey Flegg. He's the son of Murphy Su'a, who was the first ever Samoan-born cricketer to play test cricket for NZ.

Latest posts