What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Crossland should take his best option, ESL or local comp, maybe earn a few bucks and enjoy his football.
He isn’t 1st grade but the club, Obrien, has mucked him about with positional changes etc

Knight Tales

Juniors
Apparently the Brooks signing is up in the air cos there are people at this club who want Jackson Hastings instead. He is a much better fit: have always thought Jackson at this club would thrive. The man is very much about community and giving back to the fans. He would leave it all on The field for us.
Also mentions we might look at Moses.

Last edited:

Bdubs

Juniors
If we are replacing Crossland with Keighran, i'd take it in a heartbeat. He offers plenty in my opinion and gives us greater depth. Yes sure he isn't a world beater, but he will pressure current first grade guys to keep their spot, which should improve our side as guys won't be complacent.

He is also versatile and is a good goal kicker

As for Brooks v Hastings, i'd want Hastings over Brooks. He'd be cheaper and would suit our side better especially if we are moving Ponga to 5/8. That way Ponga can play left side, Hastings right side. Brooks and Ponga are both left side players, so that doesn't make sense.

We need to start putting round pegs in round holes, not trying to fit round pegs in square holes

Knight Tales

Juniors
If we are replacing Crossland with Keighran, i'd take it in a heartbeat. He offers plenty in my opinion and gives us greater depth. Yes sure he isn't a world beater, but he will pressure current first grade guys to keep their spot, which should improve our side as guys won't be complacent.

He is also versatile and is a good goal kicker

As for Brooks v Hastings, i'd want Hastings over Brooks. He'd be cheaper and would suit our side better especially if we are moving Ponga to 5/8. That way Ponga can play left side, Hastings right side. Brooks and Ponga are both left side players, so that doesn't make sense.

We need to start putting round pegs in round holes, not trying to fit round pegs in square holes
Jackson played left in his Man of Steel season in 2019. Absolutely killed it. It says lot about his talent here can play both sides of the field.

Yosh

Coach
Aren't we the steel city? We could use a man if steel.

Hastings makes so much more sense. Can okay right, is older and more experienced, is an organizer, a lot less coin. Would be a far superior fit.

Jackson played left in his Man of Steel season in 2019. Absolutely killed it. It says lot about his talent here can play both sides of the field.

PhilGould

Bench
Newcastle is pushing for Manly’s Reuben Garrick to be granted an immediate release — a move that would allow Knights superstar Kalyn Ponga to shift directly into the halves.

Garrick, 25, has a contract at Brookvale for next season but the Knights are anxious for the prolific point scorer to play fullback next season.

Should Manly refuse to release Garrick, Newcastle would need to wait until November 1 — next Tuesday — to lodge a formal offer for 2024.

Newcastle has long-term interest in Garrick but the Knights’ interest would wane for 2024 if he’s not released by Manly for 2023.

The Daily Telegraph has been told talks between both clubs over Garrick are continuing.

Newcastle want Ponga in the halves but are unable to complete the switch until the club acquires a first string fullback. That, the club thinks, would be Garrick.

During such an unstable period at the club, Manly may be reluctant to allow crowd favourite Garrick to walk out – thus creating further headlines for the already embattled club.

Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic is recovering well from a season-ending shoulder injury and will certainly be fit and ready for round one next season.

In a text to The Daily Telegraph, Trbojevic wrote: “I am going well and, yes, I will be good to go for round one.”

It remains unknown whether his return will impact Manly’s decision over Garrick, who has ably substituted for Trbojevic in recent years.

Garrick is being paid winger’s money at Manly but could earn considerably more as a fullback.

The Sea Eagles have no immediate plans to release Garrick early but would carefully consider their position should the star player express a strong desire to play fullback.

Garrick won’t play fullback at Brookvale given he is behind Trbojevic with young Kaeo Weekes stamped as a future fullback along with Tolu Koula.

While no offer has been lodged, Manly has plans to extend Garrick.

The Sea Eagles may feel that letting Garrick depart now would leave the club short of depth in the outside backs.

Garrick scored 162 points this year and a stunning 334 points in 2021. He has spoken previously about an aspiration to play fullback.

When asked about playing fullback back in April, Garrick said: “I enjoy it. It’s a bit of a change-up from wing.”

Former Manly coach Des Hasler, when asked about Garrick switching to fullback, said in July: “Obviously Reuben still has that ability, he has that fitness and has that ability to turn up at different parts of the field, which is required of one to do these days (from fullback).”

Manly returns to off-season training in mid-November.

Speculation around Luke Brooks leaving for Newcastle refuses to dissipate despite constant denials by Wests Tigers management.

Literally says nothing we havent already read about over the last 6 - 12 months

Honestly im tired of reading about this speculation and just want to hear about it when its done. Either shit or get off the pot Newcastle

Latest posts