What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Yep. It’s actually really disappointing we still have no clear plan for next year. There should have been things in place to say if we don’t have X by Y date then we are going down Z path.

2023 is as big a write-off year as I can remember. Hopefully my expectations are so low I might actually enjoy the odd win we get next year.

Bdubs

Juniors
so if we sign Hastings for 2024, that still leaves 2023 with Gamble as our half back.

Would we be happy to swap Klemmer for Hastings for 2023?

I personally would be happy with that

Jono078

Referee
I can’t see Ponga moving to 5/8th because you could almost say our 2024 halves will be

Pryce/Hastings

Haffa

Am I only one who doubts Ponga ever plays in the halves for us again? It's been discussed since he arrived and outside of a few games (which were a disaster) he's looked like moving.

Old dog

Juniors
Be very surprised if Ponga plays anywhere but f/b in 2023 as our alternatives are ordinary. At this stage our spine looks best with 1 Ponga, 6 Gamble, 7 Clune, 9 Brailey based on we don’t have Brooks, Hastings, Crosslands and unlikely to get the two Poms until 2024.
The 6 & 7 won’t be to bad if fully fit and mainly injury free for season both have displayed effort rather than ability, might get us above spoon to fringe 12th
Don’t like the idea of weakening a spot to strengthen another, play them in there preferred positions and plan for 2024

Yosh

Coach
Hastings is 1000x better option over Brooks. Get it done and get him here for 2023.

Reckon George Williams wants another crack at the NRL? We should pair him with Hastings maybe and leave Ponga out the back.

perverse

Referee
And you know what really does my head in? The fact that we somehow went from having a giant hole in our salary cap after Pearce left (we already had some spare cash laying around, and then obviously he left a huge hole) - to having to scrape around for pennies to give below average players.

Like, what have we gained in that time? What the f**k are we doing?

And now we've released Clifford without having anyone else over the line? Did we learn nothing from releasing Pearce at all? Are we that dumb?

Jono078

Referee
And you know what really does my head in? The fact that we somehow went from having a giant hole in our salary cap after Pearce left (we already had some spare cash laying around, and then obviously he left a huge hole) - to having to scrape around for pennies to give below average players.

Like, what have we gained in that time? What the f**k are we doing?
We did re-sign Ponga to an upgraded contract...

I'm sure there's a few other upgrades or back-ended contracts in there too.

Or we've paid major overs for Elliott and Hetherington.

Who knows is the real answer, but whatever it is we seemed to have f**ked it up - unsurprisingly.

perverse

Referee
We did re-sign Ponga to an upgraded contract...

I'm sure there's a few other upgrades or back-ended contracts in there too.

Or we've paid major overs for Elliott and Hetherington.

Who knows is the real answer, but whatever it is we seemed to have f**ked it up - unsurprisingly.
Ponga was already on close to what he is now. Maybe 200k or so was spent on that upgrade I suppose.

I dunno. The whole situation is incredibly embarassing for everyone involved.