What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Toohey reckons we’ve dropped off Niu completely and seems pretty confident we’ll end up with Miller
Hmm, I dont exactly think that's a great thing? Not sure what their price differences are but I'd say Niu's ceiling is much higher.

Mann before either. At least we know what to expect. It is not great based on recent history, but it is not going to be all garbage either. Of course we likely get Gamble as our 14 as a result.
See, I think Mann at fullback is the worst outcome of the 3

Hes garbage there at the best of times and has been training to play lock/hooker for the last few years so would be even worse now imo

Nui sucks though too. Hes a centre if anything but his defence is poo

Honestly, there are no palatable options

macavity

Referee

Hes garbage there at the best of times and has been training to play lock/hooker for the last few years so would be even worse now imo

Miller excites me a bit. Not much ball playing, but fast and backs up. Been a while since we had a fast effort player.

Knight Tales

Juniors

Fair call. I have reached similar conclusions.

PhilGould

Bench
Mamo's brain always seemed to be a few seconds slower than his body.

Miller to his credit has some ball playing ability and reads the game pretty well in defence. This video is only from the first couple of months of last season but you can see he always has the ball in 2 hands and takes it right to the line before passing.

Seems like Pryce is probably the guy we're banking on for 2024 and beyond but as a cheap stopgap option I think Miller is more likely to help the team win games than Niu (or Mann/Gagai). The fact we're almost a month into pre-season and still trying to piece together our spine out of depth players isn't a great sign from our decision makers but that's another conversation.

Bdubs

Juniors
The fact we're almost a month into pre-season and still trying to piece together our spine out of depth players isn't a great sign from our decision makers but that's another conversation.
i'm not concerned that we have started preseason training and we haven't got a fullback yet, that is provided we do actually get one. It will be a big concern if we start the season and we still have the current options.

The reason i'm not concerned is at this point of the preseason they are not working on combinations, its all about fitness.

Also i think some player movement has been held up due to the NRL not finalising the salary cap for next season until last week and the world cup has just ended

Yosh

Coach
Mamo's brain always seemed to be a few seconds slower than his body.

Miller to his credit has some ball playing ability and reads the game pretty well in defence. This video is only from the first couple of months of last season but you can see he always has the ball in 2 hands and takes it right to the line before passing.

Seems like Pryce is probably the guy we're banking on for 2024 and beyond but as a cheap stopgap option I think Miller is more likely to help the team win games than Niu (or Mann/Gagai). The fact we're almost a month into pre-season and still trying to piece together our spine out of depth players isn't a great sign from our decision makers but that's another conversation.
Parr is trying to clean up messes made over the past couple of seasons in one off season. Can't blame him too much if he fails but he is definitely taking it in the right direction. If we get Miller and can keep all four of our spine fit for 2023, I reckon we should be in a shout for a top 8 finish.