What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABK

Referee
Snowden - Backed as a target by the Knights and Snowden himself

Boyd - All hearsay with neither Knights, Bennett or Boyd saying anything. Knights insiders say he is a given

Hoppa jr - Said to have been made an offer in a sole foxsports report with no real solid link

Idris - Confirmed to have been made an offer, accepted larger GC contract

Ennis - A tele special which Ennis confirmed to be untrue

Jon Green - Mentioned in a couple of articles to be a possibility to follow WB

Beau Champion - Reported we made an offer which he didn't consider

Re-signings

De Gois - Had an offer on the table that was on hold during TSG takeover but not much has been said since except that we would like to re-sign him

Sau - Said to be frustrated at lack of our urgency to re-sign him and is reportedly receiving interest from other clubs

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...oth-in-his-plans/story-fn2mcuj6-1226048622656

Says we've made him an offer.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
I truly see this one as a case of us been linked to a player based on TSG. Infact i'm just going to change this to the rumored targets thread... help me get it up to date.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So, who else is off contract at the end of the season? May as well put them in the rumoured signings thread too :crazy:

Jono078

Referee
Hypothetically, if we sign Snowden, Boyd and Hopoate along with the already signed Wayne Bennett.

Could that be the greatest recruitment ever in the history of rugby league? Arguably top 3 players in their positions and with Hopoate likely to be one of the top players in his position in the years to come.

In the words of Gus, WOW!

RABK

Referee
Parra signing 4 of Canterbury's biggest stars in 95 will probably be remembered as the best recruitment in terms of starpower. Dymock, McCracken, Pay and Smith. Although it was SL inspired. Still in todays game that'd be like someone signing Campese, Anasta, Gallen and J Smith in one season.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Parra signing 4 of Canterbury's biggest stars in 95 will probably be remembered as the best recruitment in terms of starpower. Dymock, McCracken, Pay and Smith. Although it was SL inspired. Still in todays game that'd be like someone signing Campese, Anasta, Gallen and J Smith in one season.

I would also liken it to Canterbury signing Ricky Stuart and Brad Clyde in the same year. Awesome signings!!

Spot On

Coach

Did it help them win a comp?

perverse

Referee
all i want is Kade. if we miss out on Kade then i don't think any other signing will possibly make up for the disappointment. they'll take the edge off, sure, but Kade is the one i think would have the biggest impact on our game. we just don't have anyone that is in the same galaxy in his role at the club.

i feel so strongly about it that i would happily take no other signings if we got Kade.

does anyone want to contemplate the thought that we miss out on all these blokes? i must admit, i expected a deal to close by now.

Spot On

Coach
I said in terms of Starpower, not success.
Yeah, I wasn't having a go at you RABK - merely musing at the fact that the big names by no means guarantee success - but it does help. So does having the best league coach in history at your club for four years. That, in my opinion, will be Tinkler's greatest ever purchase.

perverse

Referee
I've been contemplating it for sure.
mmm, i just get the feeling that the longer it draws out, the less chance we are. we have the cash, we have the coach... one must begin to wonder, what's the holdup?

TSG arn't fools, they are astute businessmen that close deals. they're aggressive in everything they do. the only explanation that favours our chances i can come up with is that they are, in fact, astute businessmen, and may be driving hard bargains with their offers due to the coach, the money, etc.

both scenarios are possible i guess. sitting and waiting is frustrating. i can only imagine how Sharks fans feel at the moment about Kade.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think it's just that Kade is being offered more at the Sharks and that Darius is probably leaning towards the Gold Coast.

That's what I suspect is going on, and now Bennett is putting the moves on them.

perverse

Referee
That's what I suspect is going on, and now Bennett is putting the moves on them.
sounds sexy

352iyhe.jpg

you could be right. Boyd doesn't strike me as a character that would want to come to Newcastle, and would sooner drop dead before coming here if it weren't for the Benny factor. something tells me he will very, very seriously consider any alternative, especially one close to his family.

G.I.

Juniors
Hoppa dominated Sau at centre vs Manly.

Maybe looking at him as a potential centre??

cram

Bench

And still did not do Parra any good....:lol:

Whats Doing

Bench
For what its worth, they interviewed Choppy Close at Skilled Park last Saturday and whilst nothing concrete was stated, there was an air of confidence of the Titans snaring Champion but little said on Boyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts