What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Seriously though, Waddell > Hilder at hooker by a mile.

I'm not a fan, but at least he's a real dummy half. The club has to do something about our depth in this position, and if Waddell's the best available then so be it because we clearly can't rely on Hilder/Adams if Bedsy happens to go down early in the season.

How about Gidley?

K-Man

Bench
How about Gidley?

Would I be in favour of it personally? Absolutely.

Do I think it will ever actually happen? No.

There have discussions about this for years, but the reality is the club shows no indication it sees Gidley as a permanent hooker and every off-season that passes by without him training there properly it gets less and less likely.

RHCP

Bench
I would love to see Gids play a bit of hooker, I think the attributes he brings to the side would work well out of dummy half. However, if the club want him to stay fit for any substantial amount of time, they can't risk playing him in the middle for 80 minutes. Although he would definitely be willing to make 40+ tackles a game against 100kg props, it's too risky to ask a 30 year old half/fullback who just missed the majority of the season with a bung shoulder to do that.

Maybe in the twilight of his career he might get pushed to the bench and end up playing 30 minutes out of dummy half, but I can't see him getting thrown in there full time anytime soon, as much as many of us would like to see it.

Jono078

Referee
Agreed. We had an old team this year and it'll be older next year.

I don't have anything positive to say other than 'In Wayne we trust'...

The Storm and Bulldogs are the benchmark, I dont see us getting any closer to them with that signing.

But then again, the storm have done wonders turning useless hacks into good players, only time will tell.

Frederick

Staff member
One year and more than likely for peanuts. Will add more mongrel to pack and will give us the upper hand when we next play against Jason Taylor

RHCP

Bench
As a depth signing, not terrible imo. Not bad to have a 10+ test player running around in reserve grade if we have a bad run of injuries.

Johns Magic

Referee
I hate Fa'alogo. A dumb thug, plain and simple.

Mind you as a one-year signing to fill a gap I don't mind it too much. If we were signing him instead of someone else then it'd stink, but there's no one else out there so we may as well use the money. He wasn't offered a new contract at Huddersfield so I doubt we'd be offering him much.

His workrate back in the day wasn't as bad as some people have made out.

Oh FFS! Fa'alago. I thought they were kidding. He will be before the judiciary before season is out presuming we need him. He punched his coach. Not on.

Frederick

Staff member
He punched Jason Taylor. JT probably had it coming. He definitely won't try pulling that kind of shit on Wayne

K-Man

Bench
Im with JW on this one, depth signing nothing more

Do you guys actually believe he's nothing but a depth signing?

We're the Knights not the Queensland Origin team. I think it's highly likely that if we've bothered to bring him at all then Wayne sees him as a first-grader not a washed up international.

What odds will you give me he plays more than 80% of the matches he's available for in first grade?

I'm on the fence about the value of the signing, but opinion of his worth aside I'm pretty confident he won't spend the year in NSW Cup and I don't really understand why anyone thinks that will be the case.

Who exactly will Fa'alago replace K Man if he isn't depth? Cutbo? McKinnon? Rochow or Nev? 80% of matches! That is a rather unusual number you have thrown up for a bloke needing to prove himself over better talent.

RHCP

Bench
There isn't a snowballs chance he will get a start over Beau Scott or Jeremy Smith and highly unlikely he will get one over Alex McKinnon or Chris Houston. He'll most likely be competing for any remaining bench backrow/utility forward spots with Neville Costigan, a Bennett favourite, Matt Hilder, who may be favoured for his versatility, Korbin Sims, who just got named in the Junior Kangaroos iirc, Zane Tetevano and Robbie Rochow, who really impressed in the back half of the season.

So I believe he's just a depth signing, yes. In a full strength forward pack, where does he fit?

macavity

Referee
Scott, Smith, Now this guy. It is obviously believed we lacked some intimidation. Can't wait to have an intimidating pack again, been what, 10 plus years?

f**k Hunter Ports, should have "run at me bro" across our chests.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Do you guys actually believe he's nothing but a depth signing?

We're the Knights not the Queensland Origin team. I think it's highly likely that if we've bothered to bring him at all then Wayne sees him as a first-grader not a washed up international.

What odds will you give me he plays more than 80% of the matches he's available for in first grade?

I'm on the fence about the value of the signing, but opinion of his worth aside I'm pretty confident he won't spend the year in NSW Cup and I don't really understand why anyone thinks that will be the case.

Please name your 2013 pack and tell me who he will be in for

Unless he is moved to prop, has some hidden talent at hooker and kills it in the off season I cant see him cracking a backrow spot over the 2 current, yes current, rep players we have already bought for next season, House who is consistently favoured by coaches and teammates, McKinnon who is a gun and Jnr rep, Nev who Wayne seems to love, Rochow who Wayne debuted over more seasoned lower graders or Cuthbo who has proven his worth.

Honestly mate, a one year deal for a guy who has been in oblivion for 3 years and is pretty much only known for 2 thug acts does not scream "guaranteed FG spot" to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts